WEN

Valued Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@Suz585 wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

awww @Suz585, Thurman is so adorable!!! Smiley Happy

I don't know much about dog breeds so I'm thinking maybe a poodle or Portuguese Water dog? 

Thanks so much for sharing that photo. I love seeing photos of Wenners furry friends... and birds and other critters. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777 Thurman is a PULI - Hungarian Sheep herding / guard dog. He doesn't shed, his hair grows in dread locks. He has A LOT of personality. Since he's all black, he is hard to photograph. I usually have to wait till he's "smiling" or holding a toy to snap a pic. Lol.   It usually takes me the better part of a day to bathe him. His coat is weather resistant, so once he's finally soaked, his dreads hold water. It takes a lot to rinse him, then drying is another story. But he is sooooo soft and smells soooo good afterwards, it makes it worth it! 💕🐾💕

@Suz585, lol, it sounds as though his bath is a major Wen production. Smiley Wink Does he have any favorite Wen scents? 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777 He doesn't get a choice of scents, if he did, he would choose to be a boy and not be bathed. He believes he's "perfect" as is. Luckily, he doesn't "smell" bad. After being outside for a bit, he comes in and smells like "sunshine" it doesn't last long, the dreads only hold the scent for a bit, but it's wonderful! I use to was him in WEN Pets and I can still smell the "maple" from the WEN Pets occasionally and I don't care for it. This is why I started bathing him in seasonal scents. I'm hopeful a few more baths and the "maple will be gone forever (or a healthy hair cut to rid the scent). Lol

sorry for the misspellings - I can't edit either . . . 

**Suz**
Respected Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

@sonechko wrote:

Ohhhhhh, a Sister and her Brother..... How sweet to have a pair of siblings, @HSB1204!

Send my hugs and kisses to Midnight and Manticore! Woman Happy

@sonechko Yes, they had the two of them left when we adopted them. They just love each other and do everything together. Heart

The kitties say "Meow!" Cat Wink

@HSB1204 That's how I ended up with two cats. I had to find a new forever home for them when I moved cross country unfortunatey. Miss them still. I  was initially moving with family, and my grandma is terrified of cats.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Respected Contributor

@SurferWife He looks like I he has a tiny frowny face because of that tie! The pic is adorable and made me smile.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Respected Contributor

@Suz585 He looks like a real cutie but I can see how it may be hard to get a decent picture of him. It sounds like an all-day activity to wash him. Cat Happy

Respected Contributor

@Kjelle wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

@sonechko wrote:

Ohhhhhh, a Sister and her Brother..... How sweet to have a pair of siblings, @HSB1204!

Send my hugs and kisses to Midnight and Manticore! Woman Happy

@sonechko Yes, they had the two of them left when we adopted them. They just love each other and do everything together. Heart

The kitties say "Meow!" Cat Wink

@HSB1204 That's how I ended up with two cats. I had to find a new forever home for them when I moved cross country unfortunatey. Miss them still. I  was initially moving with family, and my grandma is terrified of cats.

@Kjelle It's too bad you couldn't keep your cats but at least you were able to find them a new home. I think it's sad when people move and just abandon their pets instead of finding them a new home.

Trusted Contributor

The CUTENESS of these pets is everything! Your Wen preshuss babies is making me smile like crazy. Love those yummy smelling pets!

Super Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@bebe777...here s Toby's summer picture. He hated the tie!

image.jpeg

He looks so soft!!!!!!

I tried the Lavender WenPets a few weeks back. Stinky smelled so lovely, at least for a little while Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

It usually takes me the better part of a day to bathe him. His coat is weather resistant, so once he's finally soaked, his dreads hold water. It takes a lot to rinse him, then drying is another story. But he is sooooo soft and smells soooo good afterwards, it makes it worth it! 💕🐾💕

Stinky (aka Naia) is a Chesapeake Bay Retreiver. They have water resistant coats and it is quite the chore to get her coat soaked for bathing. She dries quickly though thank goodness, although she still manages to soak a good chunk of the house in the process Smiley Happy

I've been a dog breed geek from a very young age, so seeing a Puli is very cool! 

Honored Contributor

What beautiful pictures of your babies! Thank you for posting them!

DH says NO WEN for kitties. They are constantly grooming themselves and each other and should be exposed to shampoo for kitties only. And he knows when I was a teenager - long before I knew better -  I used to take my cat in the shower with me (glass doors) and wash her will Herbal Essence! Smiley LOL

Valued Contributor

@RipleyGirl wrote:

It usually takes me the better part of a day to bathe him. His coat is weather resistant, so once he's finally soaked, his dreads hold water. It takes a lot to rinse him, then drying is another story. But he is sooooo soft and smells soooo good afterwards, it makes it worth it! 💕🐾💕

Stinky (aka Naia) is a Chesapeake Bay Retreiver. They have water resistant coats and it is quite the chore to get her coat soaked for bathing. She dries quickly though thank goodness, although she still manages to soak a good chunk of the house in the process Smiley Happy

I've been a dog breed geek from a very young age, so seeing a Puli is very cool! 

@RipleyGirl Thanks! Soaking the coat and drying is both a chore. I agree, our house gets a "washing" if you will ( lol ) as well. We are lucky Thurman enjoys the blow dryer, so it's hours of blow drying.  On a funny side note, each time I blow dry my hair (which is rare) Thurmancomes in the bathroom for his blow dry 😋 Silly doggie 💗💕💗

**Suz**