WEN

Honored Contributor

WEN Men's Hair Control Texture

[ Edited ]

Received my order of the men's paste yesterday, and I think it would benefit him to call it something other than Men's Hair Control Texture so women will know it is a good product for them too.

Loved it when he tried it on me in March, still loving it after using it this morning!

Threw out Nick Chavez's SoftFlocker, because this does a much better job. I used even less than the amount that Chaz showed in the presentation, and it helped me attain that feathered look I like so much. Actually, it makes me look a little sassy! ha!

I scrunched it in the ends of my hair, not everywhere; definitely not the roots. Not saying you shouldn't do the roots; I just didn't need it to get the effect I wanted.

Definitely a keeper!

BTW.....I stuck my nose right up to the jar and don't notice a scent. Should get my Men's CC today or tomorrow, and I am looking forward to seeing if that is one I will continue to purchase too.

Respected Contributor

Re: WEN Men's Hair Control Texture

@z-del Traveler...I got mine yesterday, too! Tried it this morning and like it a lot...soooooo much better than the NC Soft Flocker. The Wen is "stiffer" and not greasy, to me anyway. Oh, and the scent...I did notice one, but it's very light and nice---again very different from the Soft Flocker.

I used the "back up the finger til the product covers the nail" method that Chaz showed. It was the right amount for my thick, chin-length hair. I like my layers to be somewhat defined, so I rubbed my hands together well, ran my fingers thru, then flipped my head and ran them thru some more. This gave me a very nice texture with no greasy feel whatsoever!

Honored Contributor

@vermint wrote:

@z-del Traveler...I got mine yesterday, too! Tried it this morning and like it a lot...soooooo much better than the NC Soft Flocker. The Wen is "stiffer" and not greasy, to me anyway. Oh, and the scent...I did notice one, but it's very light and nice---again very different from the Soft Flocker.

I used the "back up the finger til the product covers the nail" method that Chaz showed. It was the right amount for my thick, chin-length hair. I like my layers to be somewhat defined, so I rubbed my hands together well, ran my fingers thru, then flipped my head and ran them thru some more. This gave me a very nice texture with no greasy feel whatsoever!

@vermint Oh, so glad you liked it too! In all the excitement of using it, I completely forgot to use my mousse this morning (which I don't put on while in the shower, but after my hair has dried a little), and it was still really good with just the paste. This will be EXCELLENT when I cut my hair really short for the summer. 

I'm going to try the "flipped my head" method tomorrow! ha! But you have way more hair than me; not sure it is necessary for me to do the upside-down position. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I received mine today too! So far I seem be the odd man out regarding the scent. I find it obvious, wonderful and lasting. I can't stop smelling my palms,  its sooo good!  My body chemistry really likes this. I get long lasting results from both the CC and the oil. I'd love and would purchase an EDP in the Wen Men line!

I just ran the product over the top of my hair tonight as my hair's in a bun. I'll use it full length tomorrow after I cleanse.

Respected Contributor

Wow, that's great.  I'm glad everyone liked it.  The cc is wonderful, such a soft, enjoyable scent.  I keep asking Chaz to make a styling creme in a bigger tube/bottle.  It's only 4oz. and I go through it really fast.  The paste is wonderful too.  It makes a great shine on my hair.  Keeps it bouncey and piece-y but not ever stiff or sticky.  Hopefully if alot of folks like it he'll put it on the front burner.  I guess hoping for a body lotion or replen. would be too much to hope for but I have the oil and I mix it with the 319 but I just can't get it to stay on me without spritzing the scent on me like the other ones.  I have all the different replen. scents and I found the Pumpkin and the Mango Coconut will last on me until I shower it off so if I could get a Wen Men replen. I could keep the smell on me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Day 2 with this product. Even better!!

This time I remembered to use the mousse. So the routine was the styling cream and glossing serum in the shower before getting out.

Then I just let my hair air dry while going thru my regular facial routine. After putting on makeup, I used just five pumps of mousse all over the hair, which didn't make it wet, just a little damp. No need for hairdryer.

Took half the amount of paste that Chaz did in his presentation, worked it really well into my hands, bent over so the hair falls down, and just put it on the ends to midway thru the hair. Came back up for air and pronounced myself simply gorgeous. LOL!!! Actually, it looked like I was going out trolling for a man! Smiley LOL

After that, all I had to do was use my fingers to feather it and get a great piece-y look. I believe using the mousse this morning helped ramp it up another notch.

Love this product. Definitely going in my travel bag. And many, many comments from folks at work yesterday. Wait till they see it today!

At the rate I am using this, it should last me a year. As Chaz says: "And that's no joke!"  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

TICK-Tock

Tick-TOCK

TICK-TOCK

Waiting for mine to SHIP.  WHY is it STILL in PROCESS?

Glad to hear y'all are enjoying yours!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

Day 2 with this product. Even better!!

This time I remembered to use the mousse. So the routine was the styling cream and glossing serum in the shower before getting out.

Then I just let my hair air dry while going thru my regular facial routine. After putting on makeup, I used just five pumps of mousse all over the hair, which didn't make it wet, just a little damp. No need for hairdryer.

Took half the amount of paste that Chaz did in his presentation, worked it really well into my hands, bent over so the hair falls down, and just put it on the ends to midway thru the hair. Came back up for air and pronounced myself simply gorgeous. LOL!!! Actually, it looked like I was going out trolling for a man! Smiley LOL

After that, all I had to do was use my fingers to feather it and get a great piece-y look. I believe using the mousse this morning helped ramp it up another notch.

Love this product. Definitely going in my travel bag. And many, many comments from folks at work yesterday. Wait till they see it today!

At the rate I am using this, it should last me a year. As Chaz says: "And that's no joke!"  Smiley Very Happy

Ok now I have to get it!...I had to switch to Wen Kids due to issue with menthol, so far so good..but I think I could use more than styling cream, so this sounds like it will work on my curly ends....Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Thank you ladies so much for posting your results! I just placed my order.....I can't wait to try it.

Esteemed Contributor

@z-del Traveler  exciting news thanks for your review,  my question is would this be good for the long haired girls as well.  I have bangs so I'm thinking of picking it up just for them.