WEN

Respected Contributor

Re: WEN Men's Hair Control Texture

@FleaMktQn wrote:

WOW I just used the paste on slightly damp hair. Only used about 1/2 a fingernail, very tiny amount. I flipped my head forward & pressed it into my hair. I could feel the hair pulling it off my hands.

I gotta say I really like it Smiley Very Happy My hair can get pretty puffy, this sorta pushed it into curls & looks really good. Does not feel stiff or sticky Smiley Very Happy

I think I'm hooked Smiley Wink

@FleaMktQn I tried "pressing" the paste in this morning...except I pressed with my head up, then flipped it forward and ran my fingers thru. My hair was 99% dry, I think. I got better results by pressing it in, seems like more of the product actually made it onto my hair. Thanks for the tip!

Respected Contributor

@vermint wrote:

@FleaMktQn wrote:

WOW I just used the paste on slightly damp hair. Only used about 1/2 a fingernail, very tiny amount. I flipped my head forward & pressed it into my hair. I could feel the hair pulling it off my hands.

I gotta say I really like it Smiley Very Happy My hair can get pretty puffy, this sorta pushed it into curls & looks really good. Does not feel stiff or sticky Smiley Very Happy

I think I'm hooked Smiley Wink

@FleaMktQn I tried "pressing" the paste in this morning...except I pressed with my head up, then flipped it forward and ran my fingers thru. My hair was 99% dry, I think. I got better results by pressing it in, seems like more of the product actually made it onto my hair. Thanks for the tip!

You are most welcome @vermint I'm glad it worked for you Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

Received my order of the men's paste yesterday, and I think it would benefit him to call it something other than Men's Hair Control Texture so women will know it is a good product for them too.

Loved it when he tried it on me in March, still loving it after using it this morning!

Threw out Nick Chavez's SoftFlocker, because this does a much better job. I used even less than the amount that Chaz showed in the presentation, and it helped me attain that feathered look I like so much. Actually, it makes me look a little sassy! ha!

I scrunched it in the ends of my hair, not everywhere; definitely not the roots. Not saying you shouldn't do the roots; I just didn't need it to get the effect I wanted.

Definitely a keeper!

BTW.....I stuck my nose right up to the jar and don't notice a scent. Should get my Men's CC today or tomorrow, and I am looking forward to seeing if that is one I will continue to purchase too.

You were smart enough to figure it out. Why do you think the rest of us aren't? Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

@FleaMktQn, thanks so much for your reply. I really appreciate that you took time to answer my question.

I will probably pass on this one, anything with spices tends to be an asthma trigger for me. I would love to see an unscented version of this product, it sounds like it works really well. I recently cut my hair short and am still looking for a good texture product. So far, it's been a lot of trial and error. 

@Maltichonmom17 As I mentioned in the initial post, I smelled nothing. Put my nose right down into the product. Smiley Happy  But the CC has a slight, nice scent for me. Not sure why the texture cream doesn't give off a smell for my nose. 

Respected Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

Received my order of the men's paste yesterday, and I think it would benefit him to call it something other than Men's Hair Control Texture so women will know it is a good product for them too.

Loved it when he tried it on me in March, still loving it after using it this morning!

Threw out Nick Chavez's SoftFlocker, because this does a much better job. I used even less than the amount that Chaz showed in the presentation, and it helped me attain that feathered look I like so much. Actually, it makes me look a little sassy! ha!

I scrunched it in the ends of my hair, not everywhere; definitely not the roots. Not saying you shouldn't do the roots; I just didn't need it to get the effect I wanted.

Definitely a keeper!

BTW.....I stuck my nose right up to the jar and don't notice a scent. Should get my Men's CC today or tomorrow, and I am looking forward to seeing if that is one I will continue to purchase too.

You were smart enough to figure it out. Why do you think the rest of us aren't? Smiley Happy

@ChynnaBlue You'd be surprised...when the Wen Men Cleansing Conditioner was 1st launched, there was a question in the  Q&A Section on the product page asking "can women use this, too?"

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@vermint wrote:

@ChynnaBlue You'd be surprised...when the Wen Men Cleansing Conditioner was 1st launched, there was a question in the  Q&A Section on the product page asking "can women use this, too?"

That makes me so sad, @vermint! It's not like WEN Men has some futuristic nanotech that can recognize female hair and refuse to wash it.

It makes me mad that so many unisex products are marketed as being for men or women when they're really the same thing aside from packaging, scent, and price. Items marketed toward women usually cost more.

Make that razor pink and mark the price up 43%. No thanks.

Respected Contributor

@ChynnaBlue If you ever read those Q&A's, a lot of them are headshake worthy...for MANY of the products. And sometimes the answers are as bad or worse than the questions! Misinformation about usage, ingredients, etc.---sometimes to the point of being dangerous. Makes me crazy!

I hear you about those pink razors...that's why I don't buy them! It's sad that companies try to take advantage of us.

Trusted Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

@FleaMktQn, thanks so much for your reply. I really appreciate that you took time to answer my question.

I will probably pass on this one, anything with spices tends to be an asthma trigger for me. I would love to see an unscented version of this product, it sounds like it works really well. I recently cut my hair short and am still looking for a good texture product. So far, it's been a lot of trial and error. 

@Maltichonmom17 As I mentioned in the initial post, I smelled nothing. Put my nose right down into the product. Smiley Happy  But the CC has a slight, nice scent for me. Not sure why the texture cream doesn't give off a smell for my nose. 

@z-del Traveler, thank you for your feedback also. I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my question.