WEN

Valued Contributor

@yisbuff2 wrote:

@Thia Winter wrote:

@yisbuff2 wrote:

@Thia Winter wrote:

I just looked at the ingredients in both texturizing sprays, mif doesn't have clove and cinnamon.  There didn't look to be anything drying to me in it.  

@Thia-Winter, if I may ask, does the BGT look ok in your professional opinion as well?

Thanks in advance!

@yisbuff2 it doesn't look too bad...There's magnesium sulfate, clove and cinnamon but I'm betting all the other good, wen exclusive ingredients will offset any drying properties from those few ingredients. 

Thanks @Thia-Winter! I didn't even realize that could be a thing. :/ I think I will just be wary of using it too often at first. I may try it first with an air drying trick (like twisting into buns) to reduce dryness. Although, now I'm a little nervous ...

Don't let it stopyou if yiu really want to try it.  Everyone's experiences are different and a lot of variables come into play.  I have used several similar products with similar ingredients but differing qualities of ingredients that one worked and another, lesser quality didnt.

Trusted Contributor

@Thia Winter wrote:

@yisbuff2 wrote:

@Thia Winter wrote:

@yisbuff2 wrote:

@Thia Winter wrote:

I just looked at the ingredients in both texturizing sprays, mif doesn't have clove and cinnamon.  There didn't look to be anything drying to me in it.  

@Thia-Winter, if I may ask, does the BGT look ok in your professional opinion as well?

Thanks in advance!

@yisbuff2 it doesn't look too bad...There's magnesium sulfate, clove and cinnamon but I'm betting all the other good, wen exclusive ingredients will offset any drying properties from those few ingredients. 

Thanks @Thia-Winter! I didn't even realize that could be a thing. :/ I think I will just be wary of using it too often at first. I may try it first with an air drying trick (like twisting into buns) to reduce dryness. Although, now I'm a little nervous ...

Don't let it stopyou if yiu really want to try it.  Everyone's experiences are different and a lot of variables come into play.  I have used several similar products with similar ingredients but differing qualities of ingredients that one worked and another, lesser quality didnt.

@Thia-Winter you are right! I mean, it is Wen. It will be a great version of the product. I will see what happens, and can return it. Believe it or not event he shipping to and fro to try it is worth it to me. I've been happy with almost everything I have purchased!

Valued Contributor

@yisbuff2 wrote:

@Thia Winter wrote:

@yisbuff2 wrote:

@Thia Winter wrote:

@yisbuff2 wrote:

@Thia Winter wrote:

Thanks in advance!

@Thia-Winter you are right! I mean, it is Wen. It will be a great version of the product. I will see what happens, and can return it. Believe it or not event he shipping to and fro to try it is worth it to me. I've been happy with almost everything I have purchased!

@yisbuff2 me too!  And as I said, your mileage may vary.  Also, like I said earlier, I rarely use my pom mousse because I find it drying which a lot of people love.  I need more of a cream type product for my curls when I wear them curly.

Respected Contributor

The Q must have told Chaz he couldn't say "dries the SH out of your hair" and also "for people who can't wear black."

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Valued Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Thia Winter wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Thia Winter wrote:

Btw he's so right on other beach sprags....they have epsom salt in them and can be very drying. 

There are a few without but I generally don't use the beachy wave products because of the salt and they are drying so that is why I was excited for his. Most I've seen actually use sea salt, not epsom.  I think isomers beach product doesn't contain salt either but I didn't do too much research as I was waiting for WEN. However, WEN's contains some ingredients that can also be drying for hair and that I don't like to use near my scalp, like clove and cinnamon extracts.

ETA: nevermind, looked up Isomers and it says right in the name it contains sea salt, lol.

A lot of them have magnesium sulfate too, epsom salt.  I havein my experience seen very few that have sea salt but some.  But I'm thinking of mainstream salon product lines like paul mitchell  (which i know has epsom) vs other qvc brands, etc.  

I just looked at the ingredients of the WEN and it DOES have epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) so I am now confused about your post that epsom salt is drying?

Epsom salt IS magnesium sulfate.

All the ones I've ever tried over the years have sea salt in them, not epsom. Fekkai soleil beach spray, Macadamia professional texturizing salt spray, Philip B maui Wowie spray, Ouai wave spray (don't think this even contains sea salt), bumble and bumble surf infusion, Captain Blackenship mermaid mane spray, and the Isomers beach spray to name a few (although I've never tried that one).

Lolol I haven't tried any of those.   I've used Paul Mitchell, Aquage (though I'm not 100% sure which salt is in there), Redken mostly.  Some online only curly specific brands as well.  

Honored Contributor

@Kjelle wrote:

The Q must have told Chaz he couldn't say "dries the SH out of your hair" and also "for people who can't wear black."

but Josie can say things like argan oil "erases your wrinkles" which we all know it can NOT do? Interesting.

Trusted Contributor

@Kjelle wrote:

LOL!

Respected Contributor

The presentation of the texturizing spray wasn't tempting me to buy it at all. Okay, so he sprayed it on wet hair and scrunched it so that she got waves. My hair already looks like that when it's wet without spraying anything in it. The waves pretty much go away once my hair is dry, though. I wanted to see what it looked like on the models when their hair was dry.

The host supposedly had it in her hair but it looked straight like she usually wears it so I was confused as to what the product was supposed to have done for her hair. And then two of their models had their hair up in buns or braided. I can get wavy hair like that too doing that so why would I need to spray anything in it?

Esteemed Contributor

Wasn't having the best of days and all I wanted to do,was,sit at watch the show.  All of a,sudden my brand new TV goes wankers and won't let me view or record the Q or Amy other shopping channel. So bummed I missed it but I did manage to,snag a texturing spray.

Respected Contributor

@ANewHue wrote:

Wasn't having the best of days and all I wanted to do,was,sit at watch the show.  All of a,sudden my brand new TV goes wankers and won't let me view or record the Q or Amy other shopping channel. So bummed I missed it but I did manage to,snag a texturing spray.

@ANewHue WTH? Electronics are not serving the WEN Ladies well this weekend. At least ot is still in warranty. Then again it sounds like maybe a cable issue...

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012