WEN

Esteemed Contributor

WEN Made Pumpkin Creme Brulee!!!

THIS what new Fall Vanilla White Pumpkin really is to me!  If you know what I mean, what a fine creme brulee smells and feels like, so this CC, I swear.

I smell castard creme. I smell natural vanilla a lot! Carmelized sugar or honey. I smell some light note of a raw pumpkin, and something else, that ties it all together so magically! To me this is a kind of fragrance that I want keep on taking in. Overpowering? Not a bit for me!

Yesterday I was working in 104 degrees weather, outside, all day long. I was almost dead when I finally came home, but the TSV package was at my door.......

I went to shower with it, but before I washed I was smelling and smelling this CC..... It's heavenly! 

Immediately, it took me down the memory lane and back to my childhood's most favorite ice-cream - Creme Brulee!  Than, later on in life, Creme Brulee was (and still is) my most favorite desert, when dining in a fine restaurant - Creme Brulee is my top choice!

I love this sweet creamy treat not only for it's fine delicious taste, I also love it for it's exquisite smell, like Chaz says - Decadent.  It is tuly decadent!

When eating it, I could not get enough of this something-something, that makes it to be so very special, taste and smell so deliciously.

This very same bouquet I get from new Fall Vanilla White Pumpkin CC.

Just to smell this again, I washed my face with VWP this morning, and right now when I came back, I just smudged some all over my face, so I can rest and enjoy smelling it now too!

I named this thread "Pumpkin Creme Brulee", because I found several recipes for Pumpkin version!  This what this CC is to me, and this is what I think, Chaz made - Pumpkin Vanilla Creme Brulee. Exquisite and Decadent Treat!

Anyone else possibly finds some similarity?  I sure hope so!  I would be so sad to stand alone here. Woman Happy

Crème brulee is one of the most amazingly elegant French desserts ever created. It’s also a real crowd pleaser, especially with the men. Crème brulee (pronounced "krem broo-LAY") means “burnt cream” in French and the caramelized sugar on top of the custard characterizes the dish.

Trusted Contributor

Re: WEN Made Pumpkin Creme Brulee!!!

@sonechko I LOVE creme brûlée!  I have never had a pumpkin version, though, so can't say what it smells like.

I just received my TSVs today so have just smelled FVWP.  I am undecided on the scent.  As of now I am hoping it won't linger long, though I don't dislike it.  I just don't think it's a scent I want to smell like all day (how I feel about FAS). I may change my mind when I cleanse with it tomorrow.  😊

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

Omg @sonechko.  Great description my dear.  Sounds like you love it as much as I do, cannot wait to cleanse with it momentarily.  This scent has sent me to the moon and I know the performance is going to be Wenderful!😊

Respected Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

THIS what new Fall Vanilla White Pumpkin really is to me!  If you know what I mean, what a fine creme brulee smells and feels like, so this CC, I swear.

I smell castard creme. I smell natural vanilla a lot! Carmelized sugar or honey. I smell some light note of a raw pumpkin, and something else, that ties it all together so magically! To me this is a kind of fragrance that I want keep on taking in. Overpowering? Not a bit for me!

Yesterday I was working in 104 degrees weather, outside, all day long. I was almost dead when I finally came home, but the TSV package was at my door.......

I went to shower with it, but before I washed I was smelling and smelling this CC..... It's heavenly! 

Immediately, it took me down the memory lane and back to my childhood's most favorite ice-cream - Creme Brulee!  Than, later on in life, Creme Brulee was (and still is) my most favorite desert, when dining in a fine restaurant - Creme Brulee is my top choice!

I love this sweet creamy treat not only for it's fine delicious taste, I also love it for it's exquisite smell, like Chaz says - Decadent.  It is tuly decadent!

When eating it, I could not get enough of this something-something, that makes it to be so very special, taste and smell so deliciously.

This very same bouquet I get from new Fall Vanilla White Pumpkin CC.

Just to smell this again, I washed my face with VWP this morning, and right now when I came back, I just smudged some all over my face, so I can rest and enjoy smelling it now too!

I named this thread "Pumpkin Creme Brulee", because I found several recipes for Pumpkin version!  This what this CC is to me, and this is what I think, Chaz made - Pumpkin Vanilla Creme Brulee. Exquisite and Decadent Treat!

Anyone else possibly finds some similarity?  I sure hope so!  I would be so sad to stand alone here. Woman Happy

Crème brulee is one of the most amazingly elegant French desserts ever created. It’s also a real crowd pleaser, especially with the men. Crème brulee (pronounced "krem broo-LAY") means “burnt cream” in French and the caramelized sugar on top of the custard characterizes the dish.

Ok @sonechko. You already know i Love this formula!  Well just a bit ago i went & put a drop in my hand, added a bit of water, ( like you would wash your hands), just a bit left on hands sqwished it in my ends...!!!! Oh my my curls almost popped off my head!

Like i said a couple days ago, a total homerun & my hubby loves the scent, he keeps smelling my hair..Smiley Happy love the pic...( stocking this up like crazy)

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, performance was great for me too, @ANewHue!  But the smell...... I normally do not like food-like smelling hair and body products. But this one I do not mind at all!  Plus, it's a level up from food only - it's a nicely created bouquet. Chaz is an Artist, you may like or not like something he creates, but it for sure is something!

Esteemed Contributor

Lol! @quadmimi, this what the quote I posted was saying: "Crème brulee is one of the most amazingly elegant French desserts ever created. It’s also a real crowd pleaser, especially with the men."  Here we go!  WEN Men catcher! Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Woman LOL I think I should rename the thread to Fall Vanilla Man Catcher!!!

Esteemed Contributor

it smells SO good @sonechko,  I like FTP and to my surprise loved FAS (scent and performance but this one was LOVE at first sniff.  Uh oh, let the hoarding begin!

Trusted Contributor

I was pleasantly surprised at the smell.  I thought it was going to be very heavy, but its not.  Can't wait to cleanse with it tomorrow and put it through the real test.

Honored Contributor

@sonechko

Creme Brulee has for a long time been my ultimate test of any restaurant which proclaims it's self to be 'fine'.  

I did not purchase the CC as I'm on CC overload this moment, but did purchase the -

3 piece Styling Kit with the 20% reduction on 2nd shipment & AD.

It arrived today and the SC passes the sniff test.  I'll give it a performance test tomorrow.

Glad y'all are enjoying your TSV & other goodies!

CREME BROULEE & PUMPKIN RECIPE

ingredients:

4 egg yolks
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 1/2 cup cream
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 tablespoon sugar, for caramelizing

directions:

Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Place six 4-ounce ramekins inside a roasting pan.

In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, sugar, pumpkin, vanilla and spices. Add the milk and evaporated milk and whisk again until combined. Evenly divide the mixture among the ramekins.

Pour hot water into the roasting pan halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake in the oven until the custard is just set, about 60 minutes. (The middle will still jiggle a little.)

Remove the ramekins from the roasting pan. Cool in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.

Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon sugar over each ramekin. Roll the sugar around so that the tops are completely covered with sugar. Using a kitchen blowtorch or broiler, melt the sugar until it is a caramelized golden brown. Serve immediately.

***  I'm sure there many others, this one was the first to pop up when I searched.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras