WEN

Valued Contributor

Re: VTS - I just can't get the hang of it

@RespectLife wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

The VTS doesn't work for me either. If I use it on wet hair I can occasionally get decent results but for the most part it just dries out my hair. If I use it on dry hair it always gets too crunchy no matter how little I use.

@HSB1204

That is me too!  Except I don't even get decent results on wet hair, my wet hair feels sticky/tacky and dries just as crunchy if I use it on dry. 

For me, it is definitely NOT a hair spray substitute.

VTS just doesn't work for me either, OP.  I gave up on it.  I tried everything everyone suggested.

It's okay...as long as I have CC, Styling Cream and oils  (and an occasional mousse) I am a happy hair camper!!

I will even go out on a limb and state I don't like RTM on my hair!  On my body, on my face, spritz the room, linens, pillows, furniture...LOVE IT! 

But it makes my hair feel dirty and tacky no matter how tiny of spritz I use.  It doesn't revive my hair at all but oddly seems to make it feel dirty!

I only use it as a body/face mist and anywhere else I want to refresh but never on my hair anymore.

We don't have to love all the items!  There are some CC that I don't like at all too but since there is such a selection...it doesn't matter.  I have found what does work for me.

WEN has wonderful variety...something to work for each of us.

@RespectLife - We are on exactly the same page!  The VTS and RTM have never worked for me on my hair, either, and I also tried suggestions for both from this Board - nothing works well.  I'm glad neither are included in the upcoming TSV.  I love everything else WEN and wish I could love the VTS and RTM also, but ya can't win 'em all.   

Super Contributor

My hairspray wasn't under the sink today so I grabbed the VTS and used it (my hair dried curly as I'd spent too long goofing around online so I finished it that way) and sprayed the front and top to stay in place and cover the gray hair creeping in, and sure enough, it went crunchy again! Grrr! I think what drives me crazy is I WANT to figure out how to make it work instead of having it feel like it did when I was in high school and had a bunch of sticky mousse and gel in my hair! Once it's in, even if it's a little, it doesn't just brush or rinse out either, it's time to wash my hair again even though I just did.  I think what frustrates me is I feel like I ought to know HOW to use it when so many are able to do so!

The worst is when I first received that TSV with the VTS and two cats I take care of came inside when it was real windy and rainy.  They're feral and were pretty skittish then, though one doesn't know she's supposed to be scared of me and the other would prefer to be talked to vs. pet.  I started with a Mom cat and these two daughters who were about 6 months at the time and they were all feral (daughters are spayed, Mom had one more boy and doesn't seem able to have more), then a few males have since come around as well as a neighbor cat who has not-so-great owners so I basically have the family of four plus 3-4 more feral cats that I feed and keep and eye on.  Anyhow, I figured since they both had a bunch of sticky plant brambles in their fur, I'd spray the RM on them (Fig) and try to brush it out, but I grabbed the wrong bottle! Poor babies, I sprayed them an their fur was all sticky and stiff and here I tried to brush them, and they cuddled together in a corner most the night! Not my brightest idea!

Interesting to hear others comment on the RM.  I thought it was just me! My hair's in good shape, but on the thick/coarse side and needs a lot of moisture from conditioners, it's always been that way.  I've been using 319 for my last cleanse every time and that's better and more moisturizing than the RM to me.  Out of the original line I can only use Fig and TT, then 613 here and there and 319 has been awesome.  SHP has been the main seasonal I can use, and I add some of the latter two to it (will likely add some SHP oil to it).  I'm not sure if I'll get the next TSV, I wish there was another scent in the main line that smelled good that was more moisturizing (I like the scents of Lavender, CA, and Pom, but they dried out my hair).   Happy Daze, I'm been questioning whether or not the SC does much for my hair lately too! I'm trying a different treatment product for frizz control and had better curls than I've had in a while, guess it's time for some experimenting on my end!

Lucy's Mommy, you are definitely not alone! I know it works for some people, but obviously doesn't for others as well! For waves/curls, mousse or the texture spray may help, and after that I personally like adding a few drops of oil to my hands and running it through (put my head upside down and do it) or adding it after the shower).  If those don't work, post again and I'll look up that sample I have! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@LucysMommy wrote:

Good morning!

Try as I might, I can't get this product to work for me.  I've tried suggestions from this board, and it still frizzes my hair.  

I'm bummed because other products in the configuration with this one rock my hair.  I can't believe that a WEN product is a bust for me.

Anyone else?  I'm open to the next round of ideas.

Thanks loads!

I don't have much luck with the VTS either.  I only have the BGT VTS since it was included in a tsv that I purchased.  I will continue to use it on occasion but I find I always end up with crunchy, sometimes tangled hair.  Not a good look at all.  

Honored Contributor

@vermint...have you ever used the finishing treatment cream? If so, how does it compare to the men's paste? I've used the finishing treatment cream for several years and my curls love it! I'm just wondering of they'd love the men's paste, too.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@SurferWife I've never tried the finishing creme. I can tell you the paste is very "stiff" and feels sticky on my hands...I prefer the stiffness, though, as it makes it easier for me to get just the right amount. It's not sticky in my hair, though! No curls for me, but I do have some waves, and it helps bring them out.