WEN

Honored Contributor

Used for the first time yesterday...

Coconut Lime Verbena. WHOA NELLY...what took me so long to give in? I'll tell you why. Because my ultimate favorite tropical scents are coconut & mango; hence, the stockpile of Mango Coconut. I bought the last seasonal TSV and finally opened my Coconut Lime Verbena and love it! I like that it is a lighter formula and gets super foamy. I use it as my leave-in, too. My wavy-curly hair responded well. It was only my first use, and I plan to se it again tomorrow. No, I don't like it better than Mango Coconut, but it is a nice switch-up. Now I'm in the mood for a fruity little umbrella drink. That will have to wait until Aloha Friday!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

Re: Used for the first time yesterday...

@SurferWife  I really like the coconut lime verbena.  My summer favorite is still SHP but this is my 2nd favorite summer seasonal.  I am not sure why but I like it better than the mango coconut.  

Honored Contributor

Of all the seasonals, the summer ones are the only ones that I like all 3 scents. The other seasons, I really only like 2 of the 3. Well, maybe I should say I like all 3 Fall scents, too, but Fall Apple Spice isn't coming back...bummer.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

Coconut Lime Verbena. WHOA NELLY...what took me so long to give in? I'll tell you why. Because my ultimate favorite tropical scents are coconut & mango; hence, the stockpile of Mango Coconut. I bought the last seasonal TSV and finally opened my Coconut Lime Verbena and love it! I like that it is a lighter formula and gets super foamy. I use it as my leave-in, too. My wavy-curly hair responded well. It was only my first use, and I plan to se it again tomorrow. No, I don't like it better than Mango Coconut, but it is a nice switch-up. Now I'm in the mood for a fruity little umbrella drink. That will have to wait until Aloha Friday!

@SurferWife

So happy you like CLV!  I was very excited about it but could not find a 'hint' of coconut in the scent.  : O <

Do you smell coconut?  What does that cute Mr. Tobey think of it?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

@SurferWife

So happy you like CLV!  I was very excited about it but could not find a 'hint' of coconut in the scent.  : O <

@Drythe...I do smell coconut; I get an evenly divided smell of both coconut and lime. Toby hasn't smelled it yet, but he will soon. I plan to use it for his next bath!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I didn't try the CC last year and only got the Dec TSV in Rice formulas. I do have the mousse and SC to use with SMC. I like the smell of those, but didn't use it since my hair revolted against SMC and I gave my open bottle to my son. I will pick up the SCLV CC when summer rolls around.

Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

@SurferWife

I agree. I can't smell any coconut at all in this one. The only summer seasonal I like is SMC although I can't smell the coconut in that one either. All I smell is the mango. Cat Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@HSB1204 - The only thing I smell in the SMC is the coconut! LOL

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

@SurferWife

I had the same experience, @Drythe. I get the lemon verbena and the lime, but very little coconut. The Summer Mango Coconut also didn't have much coconut to my nose. I want a real coconut fragrance, like a creamy coconut or a pineapple coconut. I love the smell of coconut and have been disappointed with the scent both the WEN seasonals with coconut.

That said, like @SurferWife, I was pleased with the performance of the Coconut Lime Verbena. My wavy curly hair also liked it and I did like the way it frothed up. I have to alternate with Fig to get enough moisture, but I think it's a nice summer scent, even if it's not what I'd call a coconut scent.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for your post @SurferWife.  I haven't opened mine either because I'm working my stash.  It sounds like my hair will respond well to this formula as well.