WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: Upcoming seasonal scents

[ Edited ]

Hey Friends,

Regarding the Cherry Blossom scent - it seems like years ago now, but when Chaz did his FIRST on air in Japan he posted pics of Cherry Blossoms on his FB.

If you remember, the WEN forum was all a twitter about when it would be here, etc.  Can't believe it's finally arriving.  I know the timing was because Chaz (wizard that he is) was making sure the scent was true floral, with no fake tinge, you know, along the line of SHL & Lavender which to my mind are excellent.

I'm going to FB to try and see how long ago those Cherry Blossom pics were posted.

Ok, here it is:

Chaz's FB:

Day 88 Gratitude post:
I am so Grateful we got a chance to see the Cherry Blossoms today.. 3/29/2014

cherry blossoms

Wow, > 2 years since we started guessing.  Chaz puts SO much time, research and love into his products.  Can't wait!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@Drythe That is such a beautiful post Heart Thank You Heart

Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@yisbuff2 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

I may actually try SOB this next year @Susan25. There are many that love it and it sounds similar to SHL in terms of moisture which is workable enough for me, especially by mixing in some SHP. I know I will at least try the SOB oil.

@HappyDaze the SOB oil is completely divine. If you like the actual smell of orange blossoms then you will love it. I'm hoarding mine like a Gollum and using the precious sparingly as body oil because it will go to quickly if I use it on my head! I feel the same about SHP oil. DIVINE!

@yisbuff2 hahaha! You made my morning already- your Lord of the Rings reference was hilarious, especially "..using the precious sparingly..." LOLOLOL! So funny! Seriously I know how that is because that is how I feel about the SHL oil which I use on my body straight or mixed in with an unscented body butter. That is the only oil I really love but I haven't tried several of the seasonal oils. I LOVE the smell of orange blossoms. To me, blossoms of any kind- apple, cherry, orange-are never to overly floral like flowers. If done well, they are always light and fresh and just beautiful and they bring back alot of childhood memories. I will certainly try it this go around. I bet the cherry blossom oil will be divine too. I love the oils because there is no menthol in them to get in the way of the true scent.

@HappyDaze indeed, you know the ways of the precious! Smiley Happy I never smelled orange blossoms until I visited my brother in CA last November. We were walking by an orange grove, which I didn't even really notice because it was on the other side of the street. What I did notice what the most amazing scent, almost like honeysuckle, but with some other light, breezy notes (I'm not a scent expert). It was one of the most amazing scents I have ever smelled in my life. He told me those were orange blossoms, and in that moment I decided the second spring hit I was going to get the SOB!! It is a perfect match.

I agree about the oils being the pure scent. I love that about them. I don't want or need all the CCs, but the oils are so multifunctional that I do enjoy having those. I am curous about red currant, but feel pretty darn solid about cherry blossom. I was a little disappointed at first in the MIF oil because I could smell the actual oil, but I use that one for my hair, and the scent concentrates down after about 30m to the MIF  smell. LOVELY! I can't wait for the spring oil scents to come out. WOO.

Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@sueinsf wrote:

The seasonal oils have been my favorites as well -- the FGP was so much better to me than the cc (I think because it was sweeter and not spicy) and was yummy. I don't know that I tried the SOB oil so may have to try that.  I wish QVC offered the seasonal oils in the 1oz size because a 4oz lasts me a really long time and it's not the way I want to try an oil.  That's why those kits with the 1oz oil and 2oz RTM's were so good!

oooh wouldn't be that cool if he did 1 oz sets of each seasonal oil- a set of all Fall, Spring, Summer and Winter oils??!! That would be awesome because then I can try the oils without too much investment in case I don't like them but then can order a bigger size of the ones I do like!  I am still holding out hope the Holidays will bring us a sampler of his perfumes too!

I third this! I hope they make it happen. I would buy the sample kit every season without question.

Honored Contributor

@yisbuff2 wrote:

@HappyDaze indeed, you know the ways of the precious! Smiley Happy I never smelled orange blossoms until I visited my brother in CA last November. We were walking by an orange grove, which I didn't even really notice because it was on the other side of the street. What I did notice what the most amazing scent, almost like honeysuckle, but with some other light, breezy notes (I'm not a scent expert). It was one of the most amazing scents I have ever smelled in my life. He told me those were orange blossoms, and in that moment I decided the second spring hit I was going to get the SOB!! It is a perfect match.

I agree about the oils being the pure scent. I love that about them. I don't want or need all the CCs, but the oils are so multifunctional that I do enjoy having those. I am curous about red currant, but feel pretty darn solid about cherry blossom. I was a little disappointed at first in the MIF oil because I could smell the actual oil, but I use that one for my hair, and the scent concentrates down after about 30m to the MIF  smell. LOVELY! I can't wait for the spring oil scents to come out. WOO.

@yisbuff2 you may not think you are a scent expert but, imo, you nailed the scent of orange blossoms! You are so right, it IS a bit like honeysuckle but with some " otherlight, breezy notes"!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@yisbuff2 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@sueinsf wrote:

The seasonal oils have been my favorites as well -- the FGP was so much better to me than the cc (I think because it was sweeter and not spicy) and was yummy. I don't know that I tried the SOB oil so may have to try that.  I wish QVC offered the seasonal oils in the 1oz size because a 4oz lasts me a really long time and it's not the way I want to try an oil.  That's why those kits with the 1oz oil and 2oz RTM's were so good!

oooh wouldn't be that cool if he did 1 oz sets of each seasonal oil- a set of all Fall, Spring, Summer and Winter oils??!! That would be awesome because then I can try the oils without too much investment in case I don't like them but then can order a bigger size of the ones I do like!  I am still holding out hope the Holidays will bring us a sampler of his perfumes too!

I third this! I hope they make it happen. I would buy the sample kit every season without question.

I could be wrong but I think they offered sets of 1oz oils with gift boxes in the classic scents some years ago around the holidays.  Might have been two different sets of 3 oils each? That was the older formula when the oils were cheaper.  But I would agree that a set of 1oz seasonals would be great -- either an all Fall/Winter/Spring/Summer or a set of each year's seasonals.

Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@yisbuff2 wrote:

@yisbuff2 you may not think you are a scent expert but, imo, you nailed the scent of orange blossoms! You are so right, it IS a bit like honeysuckle but with some " otherlight, breezy notes"!

@HappyDaze Heart

Valued Contributor

I've not used spring gardenia, but I liked the winter cranberry Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

@Lynnster67 wrote:

I've not used spring gardenia, but I liked the winter cranberry Smiley Sad

I also never tried the spring gardenia scent @Lynnster67 but I really like the WCM scent.  Thankfully, I still have a few bottles of the cc left to use this winter season and also RTM, and oil.