WEN

Respected Contributor

Tried 613 for the first time

This is the best WEN for my dry, thick, coarse, curly hair! Super moisturizing, like it better than pomegranate . Very VERY happy.

what other 613 products do you recommend?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Tried 613 for the first time

@Mustang Shar wrote:

This is the best WEN for my dry, thick, coarse, curly hair! Super moisturizing, like it better than pomegranate . Very VERY happy.

That is awesome Mustangshar! There is a three piece styling kit with a comb available that you will probably love!

Valued Contributor

I would recommend the kit with comb as well, as I like the Styling Creme & Mousse a lot.
Respected Contributor

Your hair sounds like mine.  Thanks for the review, as I was thinking of trying that next.  I started with the Fig, then got the TSV in 2014 of the seasonals.  I liked them both and my hair had more moisture.  This December I got the TSV in the rice and found that is far better than the other formulations for me.  It gives my hair much more moisture and adds a lot more shine than the others did.  I remember being told the rice had was it protein in it and so was different from the others.  I know the 613 has protein as well, so maybe that will be even better for me.

I'm using the rice Italian Mandarin Fig at the moment.  Can anyone tell me whether the other rice formulations (bamboo and unscented) are the same in terms of results as the Mandarin Fig rice?  I certainly hope so.

Honored Contributor

I LOVE 613!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

Your hair sounds like mine.  Thanks for the review, as I was thinking of trying that next.  I started with the Fig, then got the TSV in 2014 of the seasonals.  I liked them both and my hair had more moisture.  This December I got the TSV in the rice and found that is far better than the other formulations for me.  It gives my hair much more moisture and adds a lot more shine than the others did.  I remember being told the rice had was it protein in it and so was different from the others.  I know the 613 has protein as well, so maybe that will be even better for me.

I'm using the rice Italian Mandarin Fig at the moment.  Can anyone tell me whether the other rice formulations (bamboo and unscented) are the same in terms of results as the Mandarin Fig rice?  I certainly hope so.

@Ms X, I find the MIF to be amazing and the BGT being ever so slightly less moisturizing, but still fantastic. I've only used the FF a little bit, but the ingredients are parallel to MIF minus scent, so that one should be a score with equal performance. I LOVE LOVE the rice line.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mustang Shar Glad you are happy with the results you're getting from 613.  I need to mix it whatever I use for my second cleanse for my fine hair. 

Respected Contributor

613 Styling Creme......I could have buckets of this.

Also have the 613 Mousse....awsome scent...

Honored Contributor

@Mustang Shar wrote:

Hi @Mustang Shar, and welcome to the 613 fan club. Smiley Happy

__

I agree with @yisbuff2 and @Diva1Donna, that the WEN by Chaz Dean Six Thirteen Styling Collection which is feature priced at $54.98 is the best and most cost effective way to go right now. This kit includes the 613 styling creme (SC) and 613 Mousse which both also have a special shine/glossing complex which is only in the 613 (and I think the Restorative line) SC and Mousse. -- This kit gives you a really cost effective way to try three key products in the 613 line: 

* 613 16oz CC -- $45 when available at QVC (32oz size is $61 at QVC) 

* 613 7.5oz Mousse -- $32 at QVC

* 613 4oz Styling Creme -- $26 at QVC 

* wenderful Wen Comb -- $15 at Chaz's site

__

SInce the 613 CC is working well for you, I'd also recommend that you give either the Mandarin Italian Fig (MIF) or the new Fragrance Free (FF) a try. Both are in the rice-based, bamboo water infused Restorative line and are virtually identical (except that the FF has no added fragrance). -- Like 613 CC, the Restorative line CCs also have the 11 amino acid complex and the added skin care ingredients in them (613 CC just has a more concentrated version of them).

One of the things that I really like about MIF and FF is that they both provide more moisture to my hair than any other Wen CC except for the FIG CC. These two formulas each provide more added moisture that does the Bamboo Green Tea, which is also in the Restorative line. -- Most Wenners agree that FIG gives their hair the most added moisture, but FIG weighs down my baby fine hair so I can't use it.

Since you already like 613 CC, below I've included a hot link to an excellent value CC trio which includes both the 613 CC and the MIF CC: WEN by Chaz Dean Set of 3 Universal Cleansing Cond. . This trio is currently feature priced at $71.80. -- The Sweet Almond Mint CC which is the third CC in this trio tends to work well for most people. Here's how the individual items in thi kit price out in the QVC product listings: 

* 613 16oz CC -- $45 when available at QVC (32oz size is $61 at QVC) 

* Mandarin Italian Fig -- $32.82 

* Sweet Almond Mint -- $29.00

__

Also, since you are looking for added moisture, you might want to try out the FIG CC.  The 16oz Fig CC sells for $29.00 at QVC, and so you might want to try the FIG and 613 CCs WEN by Chaz Dean Six Thirteen & Fig Hydrating Cleansing Duo which is priced at $48.50. -- Also if you are looking to try other styling products, there are some additional FIG kits wiht fig styling products in the QVC Wen product listings. Usually the Wen product kits give you a better overall value if you are using all of the products in the kits. 

Best of luck!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe  Smiley Happy

___

Best Seller
QVC Price: $61.00  Featured Price: $54.98

___

New
QVC Price: $79.00Featured Price: $71.80

___

___

Honored Contributor

@yisbuff2 wrote:

@Ms X wrote:

@Ms X, I find the MIF to be amazing and the BGT being ever so slightly less moisturizing, but still fantastic. I've only used the FF a little bit, but the ingredients are parallel to MIF minus scent, so that one should be a score with equal performance. I LOVE LOVE the rice line.

@Ms X, In the rice-based and bamboo water infused Restorative line, the Mandarin Italian Fig (MIF) and new Fragrance Free (FF) CCs have almost exactly the same ingredients decks (as @yisbuff2 had mentioned). 

If you look at the ingredients listings, which I included at the end of this post, you can compare the three formulas. -- The only differences between MIF and FF are that MIF also has Green Tea Extract (though they both have Green Leaf Tea Extract) and also has added fragrance. -- In contrast, the Bamboo Green Tea (BGT) formula has a number of differences from MIF and FF. 

The MIF and FF have been game changers for my hair because they provide more moisture than any of the other CCs (besides FIG CC which weighs my baby fine hair down). -- I love the BGT scent but I go with MIF and FF simply because they are more moisturising. 

With the exception of Lavender CC which is drying for my hair, I don't find any of the other CCs drying and I've tried all of them except for: Wen Kids Strawberry-Banana (WKSB), Wen Kids Apple (WKA) -- I have tried Wen Kids Watermelon (WKW) and it's fine -- Wen Men and Spring Honey Lilac.

In fact all the other Wen CCs work equally well with regard to moisture... it's just that MIF and FF give me really good added moisture. To the point that I didn't really understand this whole "added moisture" idea until I started using MIF and FF.

__

Here are some of the key active ingredients and complexes which are common to all of the Restorative CC formulas (which are BGT, MIF and FF): 

* 11 amino acid complex -- added strength for hair

* extra skin care ingredients

* bamboo water -- added strength & resilience for hair / amino acids

* bamboo extract -- added strength & resilience for hair / amino acids

* rice- based -- for folks who have wheat, gluten, soy or nut allergies

Note: If you have either very healthy or thick/coarse hair, using the amino acid complexes too frequently can make your hair brittle (or even break) over time. -- That doesn't mean that you shouldn't use the Wen CCs with the amino acid complex, but rather that you should regulate your usage based how your hair takes to these ingredients. -- For example, I have baby fine, easily damaged hair, and I can bathe my hair in the 613 CC (Wen amino acids "on steroids" complex) as often as I want for as long as I want and my hair is a happy camper. Smiley Wink

Ms. X, I have baby fine hair and I've found that the MIF and FF give my hair it's best results. I regularly use these two formulas for my first cleanse. -- I always use any one of the Wen Seasonals for my second cleanse just because I love mixing up the aromatherapy, spa-like experience of the Seasonals.

__  

Here's a synopsis of my Wen first cleanse journey. -- My first cleanse formula changed as Chaz added new formula lines:

* Tea Tree -- Classic line -- when the Classic line was the only Wen line available

* 613 CC -- 613 line -- I like amino acids on steroids

* Bamboo Green Tea -- Restorative line, rice-based w/ bamboo water -- I like bamboo water & extract (for strength & resilience) plus amino acid complex 

* Mandarin Italian Fig, and now also Fragrance Free -- Restorative line, rice-based w/ bamboo water -- I like bamboo water & extract (for strength & resilience), amino acid complex, plus these are the most moisturising Wen CCs for my hair (I can't use Fig CC because it weighs my hair down) 

-- bebe Smiley Happy Wen FAQ - Wen 101 periscope Wen Abbreviations Glossary -

_____

WEN RESTORATIVE CLEANSING CONDITIONERS -- INGREDIENT LISTINGS

Bamboo Green Tea Cleansing Conditioner 

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bamboo Water, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Bamboo Extract, Green Tea Leaf Extract, Black Tea Leaf Extract, White Tea Leaf Extract, Rooibos Red Tea Extract, Passion Fruit Flower Extract, Goji Berry Fruit Extract, Acai Fruit Extract, Seaweed Extract, Aloe Vera Leaf Extract, Lemon Peel Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Wild Cherry Fruit Extract, Chamomile Flower/Leaf Extract, Marigold Flower Extract, Grapefruit Peel Oil, Lemon Peel Oil, Orange Peel Oil, Mandarin Orange Peel Oil, Bergamot Fruit Oil, Clove Leaf Oil, Geranium Flower Oil, Cinnamon Bark Oil, Nutmeg Kernel Oil, Caraway Seed Oil, Menthol, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), L-Arginine, L-Aspartic Acid, Glycine, L-Alanine, L-Serine, L-Valine, L-Proline, L-Threonine, L-Isoleucine, L-Phenylaline, L-Histidine, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Glycerin, Polysorbate-20, Polysorbate-60, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, PCA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Amodimethicone, Fragrance, Ethylhexylglycerin, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid. 

Mandarin Italian Fig Cleansing Conditioner 

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bamboo Water, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Bamboo Extract, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Aloe Vera Leaf Extract, Fig Extract, Mandarin Orange Peel Oil, Orange Fruit Extract, Lemon Peel Oil, Lemon Peel Extract, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Bergamot Fruit Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Wild Cherry Fruit Extract, Goji Fruit Extract, Acai Fruit Extract, Chamomile Flower/Leaf Extract, Marigold Flower Extract, Green Tea Extract, Seaweed Extract, Passion Fruit Flower Extract, Green Tea Leaf Extract, White Tea Leaf Extract, Rooibos Red Tea Extract, Black Tea Leaf Extract, Menthol, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, L-Valine, L-Threonine, L-Proline, L-Isoleucine, L-Phenylaline, L-Histidine, L-Alanine, L-Serine, L-Arginine, L-Aspartic Acid, Glycine, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Glycerin, PCA, Sodium Lactate, Sodium PCA, Citric Acid, Amodimethicone, Carbomer, Polysorbate-60, Polysorbate-20, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance

Fragrance Free Cleansing Conditioner 

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bamboo Water, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Bamboo Extract, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Aloe Vera Leaf Extract, Fig Extract, Mandarin Orange Peel Oil, Orange Fruit Extract, Lemon Peel Oil, Lemon Peel Extract, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Bergamot Fruit Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Wild Cherry Fruit Extract, Goji Fruit Extract, Acai Fruit Extract, Chamomile Flower/Leaf Extract, Marigold Flower Extract, Seaweed Extract, Passion Fruit Flower Extract, Green Tea Leaf Extract, White Tea Leaf Extract, Rooibos Red Tea Extract, Black Tea Leaf Extract, Menthol, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, L-Valine, L-Threonine, L-Proline, L-Isoleucine, L-Phenylaline, L-Histidine, L-Alanine, L-Serine, L-Arginine, L-Aspartic Acid, Glycine, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Glycerin, PCA, Sodium Lactate, Sodium PCA, Citric Acid, Amodimethicone, Carbomer, Polysorbate-60, Polysorbate-20, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone. 

Information provided by WEN® 

_____