WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: The gallons are coming!! The gallons are coming!!! What gallon(s) are you getting???

@AprilBird wrote:

So what's the deal on the WVM and other seasonals?  I am out of my Auto Delivery from last year and planned to order again, but it says it's sold out already.  I see one post that says they will be available during 'their season', so I have to wait until Winter?  If I'm sure, then OK.  I'll get Lavendar and then order WVM in the Winter.

Hi @AprilBird, welcome to the wenderful Wen forum!! Smiley Happy

We probably won't get the exact details until Chaz's visit but from what I've read, it sounds as though this year "select" Seasonal gallons will be offered at some time during each of their seasons.

Ignore the information on the current QVC Seasonal gallon product page. It looks as though QVC hasn't properly updated it yet. 

This year it's likely that Winter Vanilla Mint (WVM) gallons will be offered during the winter season but... at this point we still don't know which Seasonals will be coming back and which will be retired.

Since WVM was very popular, I think it's likely to be back and offered in the WVM gallon size... but there's no way to know for sure in advance. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: The gallons are coming!! The gallons are coming!!! What gallon(s) are you getting???

@HSB1204 wrote:

@RipleyGirl wrote:

I know this was mentioned on the other gallon thread, but I hate bumping down threads. It seems impolite somehow Smiley Very Happy

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't 613 gallons usually in the fall?

And please excuse any panic I may cause!!!

@RipleyGirl You're right. I bought a gallon of BGT last year which they aired at the same time as the 613 and MIF gallons. I just checked my order history and I bought the BGT gallon in mid September of last year. Cat Happy

@RipleyGirl@HSB1204 is right. For the past three years the 613 gallons have been offered in mid-September and I think they are likely to be offered at the same time this year. 

Based on which gallons have been offered in the past and what I've been reading in the forum...

this is my best guess for the gallons schedule for this upcoming year:

* June Gallons Month -- Classics, Wen Kids plus Summer Mango Coconut (SMC) and Summer Honey Peach (SHP) 

* mid-September through October 31st -- 613 (and maybe 319)... and possibly the Restorative line (Bamboo Green Tea, Mandarin Italian Fig, and Fragrance Free) 

* sometime in the Fall -- "select" Fall Seasonals 

* sometime in the Winter 2016/17 -- "select" Winter Seasonals

* sometime in Spring 2017 -- "select" Spring Seasonals

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

Hi @Dessert1st, welcome to the wenderful Wen forum!!! Smiley Happy 

You can have my gallon because I never purchase them. lol, I have too many other Wen formulas in my rotation to go through a gallon: 

* all 12 Seasonals

* all 3 Restoratives (BGT, MIF & FF)

* 613 (I still haven't opened my 319 CC yet)

* Wen Men

* Tea Tree (on occassion)

* Cucumber Aloe (once in a great while)

Plus I need to use up: 

* Pink Jasmine Peony (too much peony, I can't find the jasmine Smiley Sad )

* Wen Kids Watermelon (just not a Jolly Rancher fan)

* Pomegranate (I don't mind the scent as much as I used to, but I'm not a fan)

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777 You need to try the 319 CC! I'm almost done with my bottle so it's perfect timing that my AD for the March TSV just shipped. Heart

Respected Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@World Traveler, you've got it right. Cucumber Aloe (CA) just doesn't sell that well. 

CA worked well on my baby fine hair, but a number of other folks have said it was drying for their hair (much like yourself).

That's why they sometimes don't include the CA as a TSV option.

I'm surprised that it worked well for my hair. The Lavender (LAV) CC was the only one which has ever been drying for my hair. -- I think the lavender extract is the culprit here and not the witch hazel since both CA and LAV have witch hazel in them.

When I first started using Wen, Chaz only had the Classic line. Tea Tree was my "go to" CC, but I'd use CA once or twice a month. CA worked well for me.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

I actually decided to skip the FIG gallon and decided to go for a gallon of CA instead. I've primarily been using FIG for my dry ends but I have a hair appointment next month and I think I'm just going to cut off the really dry ends and be done with it. After that I may still need FIG but I couldn't justify a whole gallon of it. I think a 32 oz. bottle will be plenty.

I've been using BGT for my first cleanse so I got a gallon but it seems like a waste to only use it for my first cleanse. It's usually too dry for my second cleanse, though. Anyway, to make a long story short, I decided to get a gallon of CA to use for my first cleanse instead of BGT. Out of the core formulas I feel like CA is the one that works the best for my oily scalp so I'm going to use that instead of BGT.

Honored Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

Hi @Dessert1st, welcome to the wenderful Wen forum!!! Smiley Happy 

You can have my gallon because I never purchase them. lol, I have too many other Wen formulas in my rotation to go through a gallon: 

* all 12 Seasonals

* all 3 Restoratives (BGT, MIF & FF)

* 613 (I still haven't opened my 319 CC yet)

* Wen Men

* Tea Tree (on occassion)

* Cucumber Aloe (once in a great while)

Plus I need to use up: 

* Pink Jasmine Peony (too much peony, I can't find the jasmine Smiley Sad )

* Wen Kids Watermelon (just not a Jolly Rancher fan)

* Pomegranate (I don't mind the scent as much as I used to, but I'm not a fan)

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777 You need to try the 319 CC! I'm almost done with my bottle so it's perfect timing that my AD for the March TSV just shipped. Heart

@HSB1204, lol, I'm so slow about these things. I'll open it up eventually but I just wanted to order it so that I would have the A/D option available if I wanted it. Smiley Happy

lol, did you read the list of how many open bottles of Wen CC I have right now. ok, well I did open the Wen Men CC and the PJP CC because I wanted to find out what the smelled like (Wen Men - yay!!!, but PJP is a pass... where's the jasmine???). 

The 319 CC is just a fragrance free version of the 613 CC, so I can't see a reason to rush to open it. Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@HSB1204, lol, I'm so slow about these things. I'll open it up eventually but I just wanted to order it so that I would have the A/D option available if I wanted it. Smiley Happy

lol, did you read the list of how many open bottles of Wen CC I have right now. ok, well I did open the Wen Men CC and the PJP CC because I wanted to find out what the smelled like (Wen Men - yay!!!, but PJP is a pass... where's the jasmine???). 

The 319 CC is just a fragrance free version of the 613 CC, so I can't see a reason to rush to open it. Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777 I won't attempt to count how many open bottles I have at the moment. Cat LOL

I'm struggling to finish my bottle of PJP. I'm almost at the bottom. Once I hit the no pump zone I'm done. I don't like the scent at all so I'm not going to bother trying to get the rest out.

I Heart the 319 CC. It's completely different from the 613 CC. My hair seems to have a love/hate relationship with 613 and most of the time it just leaves my hair dry and crispy. My results with 319 are completely the opposite, though. Once I finish up my 613 CC I won't be buying it again since 319 is so much better. Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HSB1204 wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777 I won't attempt to count how many open bottles I have at the moment. Cat LOL

I'm struggling to finish my bottle of PJP. I'm almost at the bottom. Once I hit the no pump zone I'm done. I don't like the scent at all so I'm not going to bother trying to get the rest out.

I Heart the 319 CC. It's completely different from the 613 CC. My hair seems to have a love/hate relationship with 613 and most of the time it just leaves my hair dry and crispy. My results with 319 are completely the opposite, though. Once I finish up my 613 CC I won't be buying it again since 319 is so much better. Cat Happy

@HSB1204, lol, do you realize that you may be encouraging me to hide the 319 CC in the way back of my Wen closet? Smiley Wink

You see I love the 613 CC though I don't use it all that much. The 613 CC is my Rescue Wen CC... just like Chaz talks about. If I've been lax about doing my weekly overnight Remoist treatments and Wen Oil scalp treatments, one all 613 CC overnight hair treatment... or even one all 613 CC hair cleanse bumps my hair back into shape. lol, I don't know how it does it, but it really works!! Smiley Happy

Sooooooo, since you've inferred that the 319 CC has the opposite effect of the 613 CC... does that mean the 319 CC won't be a Rescue Wen CC for me?? Smiley Wink Smiley Wink Smiley Wink

Ok, I suppose that could mean that the 319 CC could be a Super Duper Wen Rescue CC for me. lol, you win... and you've peaked my curiosity... so I'll give it a whirl in the next few weeks and report back to you. Smiley Wink

Btw, the reason that I don't use the 613 Super CC all the time is that... as good as it is... it maxes out its special super powers pretty quickly so I just don't need to use it that often. On a regular basis, for some reason the Mandarin Italian Fig (and the rice-based Restorative Fragrance Free CC) are able keep my hair in its best form... so those two are my "go to" first cleanse... and the Seasonal of the Moment, Bamboo Green Tea, Wen Men, or 613 are for my second cleanse.

My 613 CC is still my Wen Rescue CC, but for some reason MIF and FF just work better for my regular cleanses. lol, go figure. Smiley Wink

btw, have you tried mixing equal part of 613 CC and 319 CC to see if that would make your 613 CC work for you?

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@HSB1204, lol, do you realize that you may be encouraging me to hide the 319 CC in the way back of my Wen closet? Smiley Wink

You see I love the 613 CC though I don't use it all that much. The 613 CC is my Rescue Wen CC... just like Chaz talks about. If I've been lax about doing my weekly overnight Remoist treatments and Wen Oil scalp treatments, one all 613 CC overnight hair treatment... or even one all 613 CC hair cleanse bumps my hair back into shape. lol, I don't know how it does it, but it really works!! Smiley Happy

Sooooooo, since you've inferred that the 319 CC has the opposite effect of the 613 CC... does that mean the 319 CC won't be a Rescue Wen CC for me?? Smiley Wink Smiley Wink Smiley Wink

Ok, I suppose that could mean that the 319 CC could be a Super Duper Wen Rescue CC for me. lol, you win... and you've peaked my curiosity... so I'll give it a whirl in the next few weeks and report back to you. Smiley Wink

Btw, the reason that I don't use the 613 Super CC all the time is that... as good as it is... it maxes out its special super powers pretty quickly so I just don't need to use it that often. On a regular basis, for some reason the Mandarin Italian Fig (and the rice-based Restorative Fragrance Free CC) are able keep my hair in its best form... so those two are my "go to" first cleanse... and the Seasonal of the Moment, Bamboo Green Tea, Wen Men, or 613 are for my second cleanse.

My 613 CC is still my Wen Rescue CC, but for some reason MIF and FF just work better for my regular cleanses. lol, go figure. Smiley Wink

btw, have you tried mixing equal part of 613 CC and 319 CC to see if that would make your 613 CC work for you?

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777 Haha. Yeah, since 613 works so well for you I'd be interested to see how 319 performs for you!

613 worked well for me at first but after a while my hair just started hating it. I know that a lot of people mix in a few pumps with other CCs but my hair doesn't like that either so it seems I can only use 613 on its own. Sometimes my ends feel really dry and if nothing else works 613 seems to do the trick. But like I said in another thread, I'm just going to have those dry ends cut off. I'm so sick of struggling to please them.

I haven't tried mixing 319 and 613 so that may be an experiment to try. Cat Happy

I love the scent of the BGT CC but unfortunately it's usually too drying for me. Some days it gives me amazing hair and other times I get the complete opposite result. MIF seemed to perform better for me but if I had to choose I'd probably go with the FF since I don't care for the MIF scent. Still, my hair seems to like the variety of CCs so I rarely use the same formula several days in a row. Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777 Haha. Yeah, since 613 works so well for you I'd be interested to see how 319 performs for you!

613 worked well for me at first but after a while my hair just started hating it. I know that a lot of people mix in a few pumps with other CCs but my hair doesn't like that either so it seems I can only use 613 on its own. Sometimes my ends feel really dry and if nothing else works 613 seems to do the trick. But like I said in another thread, I'm just going to have those dry ends cut off. I'm so sick of struggling to please them.

I haven't tried mixing 319 and 613 so that may be an experiment to try. Cat Happy

I love the scent of the BGT CC but unfortunately it's usually too drying for me. Some days it gives me amazing hair and other times I get the complete opposite result. MIF seemed to perform better for me but if I had to choose I'd probably go with the FF since I don't care for the MIF scent. Still, my hair seems to like the variety of CCs so I rarely use the same formula several days in a row. Cat Happy

@HSB1204, Mandarin Italian Fig (MIF) and it's fragrance-free version, rice-based Fragrance Free (FF), work the very best for my hair as well. 

I'm planning on loading up on them when I get my the follow-up A/D shipment for my December 2016 TSV. And since I love the smell of Bamboo Green Tea (BGT), this TSV has been an exceptional value. Smiley Happy

If I really wanted my very best Wen hair all the time, I'd just stick to MIF and FF... but I just love the way all the Seasonals smell (expect for Summer Coconutty Lime Verbena - SCLV), so I had to make a compromise. Smiley Happy

My first cleanse is always with either MIF or FF, and my second cleanse is the Seasonal of the Moment, or Bamboo Green Tea, or Wen Men, or 613. lol, it's a long list but I love my Wen aromatherapy spa time. Smiley Wink

You might want to try using the FF CC exclusively for your first cleanse for a while and rotate in the other CCs for your second cleanse. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

@HSB1204, Mandarin Italian Fig (MIF) and it's fragrance-free version, rice-based Fragrance Free (FF), work the very best for my hair as well. 

I'm planning on loading up on them when I get my the follow-up A/D shipment for my December 2016 TSV. And since I love the smell of Bamboo Green Tea (BGT), this TSV has been an exceptional value. Smiley Happy

If I really wanted my very best Wen hair all the time, I'd just stick to MIF and FF... but I just love the way all the Seasonals smell (expect for Summer Coconutty Lime Verbena - SCLV), so I had to make a compromise. Smiley Happy

My first cleanse is always with either MIF or FF, and my second cleanse is the Seasonal of the Moment, or Bamboo Green Tea, or Wen Men, or 613. lol, it's a long list but I love my Wen aromatherapy spa time. Smiley Wink

You might want to try using the FF CC exclusively for your first cleanse for a while and rotate in the other CCs for your second cleanse. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777 Agreed. I enjoy using the seasonals as well (which is how I end up with so many open bottles...). Every day it's almost a dilemma which one to choose. Cat Wink

I'm actually out of the FF CC at the moment so "all" I have is BGT. Maybe once I've made a dent in my CC stash I'll try the FF again. Cat Embarassed