WEN

Valued Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity - That was a very nice story and a very nice post!

Trusted Contributor

Personally, it's the only comb I will use because it doesn't snag my hair. I have had one break a tooth after multiple repeated drops but it's still the best comb to me. 

Yes, if you start combing tangled hair from the top, you will pull your hair no matter which method or device you use. If your grooming sounds like a bowl of rice krispies (Snap, Crackle, Pop), YOU are breaking your own hair. 

I appreciate Wen products because they are made with the understanding of hair health and in an effort to reduce the ways breakage occurs. It's still up to you to use them correctly. 

#IAmTeamWen
Occasional Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

A neighbor gave me one of those combs.  She had more than one and did not especially "love" them.  I tried it.   It's a comb - that's all folks.  Just a

comb. Actually it wasn't appealing to me in any meaningful way.  I think I

put it in the garbage. For me, it wasn't touchd by an angel.  It was just a comb - heavy, awkward and not a good choice. Report me as Inappropriate if you like. Doesn't change what is.

Thats what I used to think.  Then I used it as it was intended and now love it.  It's not the only comb I use, but replaced a couple of others that no longer seemed adequate after using the wen comb.

i have baby fine hair that tangles like nobody's business.  I've always used a wide toothed comb (never a brush on my fine hair), originally purchased in Europe for a ridiculous price.  But I needed one, so had to bite the bullet.  I've bought a couple of others to keep in my traveling bag and other places for much less money.

then I started using WEN, loved what it does to my hair.  No shampoo ever did what wen does.  I learned about the lawsuit later, thank goodness, or I might not have tried it.  Anyway, I got a couple of combs and though 'meh! a comb'.  Not as good as mine (which only has the wide toothed part).  In the drawer they went.  Recently, I decided to use the comb as Chaz always says we should, in the shower to distribute the cc or product.  Well, it is perfect for that.  Of course, any wide toothed comb should do, but after closer inspection of my non wen combs, I realized that all those cheap combs bought in the U.S., all had those seams in between the teeth.  Those seams scrape on your hair and with such fine hair as mine, it will cause breakage.  Would you know it, my expensive comb from Europe does not have the seams, neither do the wen combs.  So, I tossed the other combs and only use my old European one and the wen combs.  

Funny how some combs are simply better than others Smiley Happy. You'd THINK its just a comb, but to my fine color treated hair, there are marked differences.  Let me point out that wen combs are much cheaper than my original comb from Europe.

And just for the record, I'm not a 'everything wen is best' person.  I too like the products I'm using and feel strongly about them.  Otherwise, I wouldn't use them.  Some of my products are wen products Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

I love my WEN combs. I have accidently thrown them across the room on a tile floor many many times, because I am clumsy like that, but not one has ever broken. For my long hair they are wonderful and they don't give me breakage.

I see so many people say "I would never use something that xyz..." but I wonder if they have ever researched the things they use: beauty products, medicines, food, etc. Do some reseearch besides just what makes the headlines and you will find lots of information that would surprise you.

Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@Kelseyrr wrote:

I love my WEN combs. I have accidently thrown them across the room on a tile floor many many times, because I am clumsy like that, but not one has ever broken. For my long hair they are wonderful and they don't give me breakage.

I see so many people say "I would never use something that xyz..." but I wonder if they have ever researched the things they use: beauty products, medicines, food, etc. Do some reseearch besides just what makes the headlines and you will find lots of information that would surprise you.

Heart

Exactly @Kelseyrr!  Yes, please do the research before you choose to negate anything! Or else, say nothing about a subject that is not familiar.

I like what @nikki48 was saying - "I appreciate Wen products because they are made with the understanding of hair health and in an effort to reduce the ways breakage occurs. It's still up to you to use them correctly." 

This seemingly simple WEN comb has become the only comb I use, because it does the job right. It's just a great hair tool!

Respected Contributor

Re: That comb!!

[ Edited ]

Last week Thurs my mother had major back surgery. Sunday when I was at the hospital visiting her I brought FTP RTM and the WEN comb. She hadn't showered since before her surgery and really needed her hair brushed out and rid of snarls, etc. She loved both the RTM and the WEN comb. She was shocked how easily her hair combed out (its quite thick and long) and didn't pull on her hair. 

Yesterday, we brought her home from the hospital and 1st thing she wanted to do was shower. After her shower she asked me if I had the WEN comb for her to use on her freshly washed hair. LOL! My mom could definitely tell the difference from the WEN comb being used on her hair compared to her wide toothed pick/comb she always uses. So, to some it really does make a difference.