WEN

Valued Contributor

Tea Tree -- anyone use FOR hair growth?

[ Edited ]

Hi - has anyone seen significant hair growth (fuller, etc) with tea tree?  Or, does anyoe use it for this?

I know Chaz can't say directly; but, I'd read where tea tree sometimes is used for hair growth.

Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Tea Tree -- anyone use FOR hair growth?

I have been using WEN about 6 years.   My beautician of 25 plus years says that my hair is in the best shape it has ever been.  She has asked me to stop getting permanents so I did.  [My hair is fine and straight as a board, always has been.]   I now keep it at shoulder length.  Every 4 months she cuts 4-5 inches off.   I have never been able to grow my hair to my shoulders before.  I do use Tea Tree, Bamboo Green Tea and 6-13 mostly but have all of the others as well that I mix in.   I do have lupus and a thyroid problem both of which cause me to lose hair more than most people.   I am very sure that since using WEN I see less hair in the drain catcher when I clean my hair and it definitely is long and healthy.  I will not use anything but WEN now.   Wish I had found it years earlier.

Honored Contributor

@Julie_23...when I use Tea Tree frequently, yes, my hair grows faster. When I use it less frequently (maybe 1 or 2x a week), I don't notice it as much.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

I'm glad you're both liking it.  Thanks for the helpful replies!

Super Contributor

The Teatree  Oil has helped me most of all.  Especially recovering from breakage of the hairs around my face from pulling back into a ponytail.  Also my part seems more filled in. 👍

Respected Contributor

How do you apply the TT oil?  Do you apply to scalp only?  How often?  Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Whenever I use the Tea Tree oil I always notice little new hairs coming out and I do feel like my hair is getting thicker. It has always been very thin and fine so I obviously won't ever have super thick hair but even a little helps. Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use TT  OIL 2 - 3 times a week as an overnight treatment.  Yes, it grows much more quickly!

Usually use TT on my scalp and a seasonal oil on the rest of my hair.

My stylist of > 20 years says my hair is the best ever!

Love, love, love my WEN!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@Trudey wrote:

How do you apply the TT oil?  Do you apply to scalp only?  How often?  Thanks!

Yes, @Trudey, right onto your scalp. Use one full dropper of oil for each quarter of your scalp, gently massage it in with your fingers, and comb it through.

You may apply a little bit on the ends, If you like, but the focus is your scalp treatment.

The more often, the better. Do it over-night, every time you know you are going to cleanse you hair in the morning. WEN Cleansing Conditioner washes these oils just fine with two cleanses.

The WEN oils are simply wonderful and well absorbent, they simply the best!  They smell great too, well, except for Tea Tree Smiley Happy But we love this one the best!

You can also use these oils on your body right after shower, they work simply great!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The major difference in growth came from TT oil, I'd say. Using a touch nightly has made my hair grow in so much thicker. Anywhere you concentrate it you will notice a difference too, if you have a problem spot, such as breakage. Basically everything everybody else said, lol!

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012