WEN

Valued Contributor

Could I get some feed back on how moisturing SHL is from those who have used it? Also, does the SHL contain the Honey Complex?  TIA

Honored Contributor

Hi @Love4cats, I've tried the SHL CC but all the the Seasonals work equally well for me. lol, I'm always mystified to read that so many Wenners like some of the Seasonals while others don't work as well for them. 

@sonechko and @HappyDaze both really like the SHL CC, so maybe they can provide you some feedback on it. Smiley Happy

I think HD mentioned that while it was somewhat moisturizing that, among the Seasonals, Summer Mango Coconut (SMC) provided moisture and that Summer Honey Peach (SHP) provided the most moisture. -- Hopefully HD will weigh in because I don't want to have misrepresented her perspective.

SHP CC is the only CC that has the 4-Honey complex in it and a number of Wenners feel like that's why it provides so much moisture. The feeling is that the 4-Honey complex is expensive and that's why they haven't used it in more recent Seasonal CCs. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

That you Babe777. I bought the OTO a few months ago in the SHL that came with the CC, Oil and the RTM, and LOVE the smell of the Oil and the RTM but, have not yet tried the CC. I am using the SHP right now and love that. Seem's to have the moisture I need and, was hoping that SHL would be moisturing enough for me too.

Respected Contributor

My hair is thin and fine but I have highlights so it tends to be a little on the dry side. I did not find SHL moisturizing enough. I had to add a few drops of oil to my leave-in.

Esteemed Contributor

@Love4cats - I find the SHP more moisturizing for my hair than SHL (although the smell is wenderful). I have wavy, some curls, FRIZZY hair - HTH

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished my order of SHL and it was not moisuring on my hair.  I have found that the seasonals do not work on my thin and dry hair.  While I liked the way it smelled, I am glad that I used it all up and can go back to my regulars of Tree Tea, Lavendar, and Sweet Almond Mint.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

I just finished my order of SHL and it was not moisuring on my hair.  I have found that the seasonals do not work on my thin and dry hair.  While I liked the way it smelled, I am glad that I used it all up and can go back to my regulars of Tree Tea, Lavendar, and Sweet Almond Mint.

Hi @SXMGirl, welcome to the wenderful Wen forum!! Smiley Happy

That's so interesting because I have baby fine hair as well, and the Seasonals work well on my hair. -- btw, have you tried the Mandarin Italian Fig (MIF) in the Restorative line? That's the formula that works best for my hair. 

Tea Tree was my "got to" when I first started using Wen and Chaz only had a Classics line. 

I'm glad that you've found formulas that work well for you. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Love4cats wrote:

That you Babe777. I bought the OTO a few months ago in the SHL that came with the CC, Oil and the RTM, and LOVE the smell of the Oil and the RTM but, have not yet tried the CC. I am using the SHP right now and love that. Seem's to have the moisture I need and, was hoping that SHL would be moisturing enough for me too.

@Love4cats I love the SHP as it is the best formula for my hair, especially for shine and moisture. I love the SHL scent much more and do like the formula but t is not as moisturizing as SHP. So I use both. Smiley Happy  As  @bebe777 said, SHP is the only formula that contains the 4 honey complex and not just the honey extract and I truly think that makes the difference in shine and moisture with SHP.@

Respected Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

I also have thin hair that is dry. Some of the seasonals work great for me and others aren't moisturizing enough. I'm glad you found the formulas that work for you. Cat Happy

Respected Contributor
I am like bebe in that I do not find big differences between how the formulas work. My hair is thick, wavy and mildly dry but close to normal. I have 5 to 6 different hair types with many cowlicks.

I use the formulas that smell the best and I stick to the seasonals with either 614 or 319 added for extra oomph. I think the MIF is moisturizing and I can't use it all the time i yhink MIF is more moisturizing than SHP, but the differences are nit drastic to me.

I do cleanse every day, so that could impact my experience of how the formulas behave.