WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Specifically about The FIG CC for fine hair, please!

Ladies who use Fig! I need your help. I am itching to also get Fig on this TSV, and most would say it is NOT for the fine or thin hair. But Wen definitely is full of MYSTERY!

Are there ladies on this board who do have fine thin hair and still use and like using Fig?

Also, the smell. Is it really so bad?

Respected Contributor

Re: Specifically about The FIG CC for fine hair, please!

[ Edited ]

I have thin fine hair and my hair needs Fig. My hair is pretty dry, though, so Fig works great for me. I'm not sure it would be a good formula for someone whose hair is healthy. It might be a little too heavy in that case.

The smell isn't the greatest but my hair needs the moisture so I tolerate it. To me it smells like fig with a very strong menthol scent.

Honored Contributor

sonechko,

I have fine, straight, glassy hair.  There is plenty of it, but it's fine.  FIG was my start-up go to as my scalp can be oily, but ends were dry.

I had no problem with it making my hair oily, it made it feel healthy even when I had damaged ends that needed to be trimmed off (ALL GONE NOW)  I place most of the product on the ends and then a little on the scalp.  

The scent never bothered me at all.  I didn't even realized it might not be popular until I read it here.  What I smell is a sweet smell, sort of like POM, but not nearly as strong, or artificial, forgive me POM lovers.  Maybe a sweet fruit like smell, not a bad fruit, just sweetish.  Not really any fig scent.

As mentioned up stream I've sort of moved on to SHP, MIF & 616 for moisture, but if I were starting my stash over I would not hesitate to purchase the FIG TSV in multiple AD's.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks Drythe!

Yeah. This is when I saw your post on the other thread, I decided to inquire about the Fig further. My hair is not oily, it may be rather on dryer side, at least on the ends. Again, HSB has fine thin dry hair, said her hair needs Fig!  Go figure!

You know what? When I just started using Wen I managed to miss December TSV with all core scents for about $60 ....... I rarely regret about anything, but I do regret missing out on this Core Variety Kit..... this kit would carry clues and answer so many questions I have during this year, especially when it comes to making decisions on specials promos.

This TSV is a Super Special Deal, and I think I might risk ordering Fig.  Oh well, if it's totally bad for my hair, I'll exchange it for another TT.  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

I'm with the other girls too!  Fairly long but finer hair and I can't live w/o fig!

I always use it as my second cleanse/condition.  Not the first.  My first is usually TT, Lav, SAM or any WHEAT based. 

I also use it mainly mid hair  to ends.  Not so much on my scalp.  My ends just LOVE the moisture!  I am on AD for fig and make sure I am never without it!

I don't 'love' the scent.  I don't really care for Fig oil, RTM or styling creme, therefore, the TSV in Fig doesn't interest me. Sometimes, I squirt one pump of a yummy seasonal in with it.  However, it is so fantastic on my hair....it is a small trade off that it isn't my favorite scent. Fig CC is a major MUST for me.

Respected Contributor

I have long, straight, lightened, very fine and thinning hair.  Years ago, when there was a TSV with 4 different WEN cleansers, I got to try all the core products, and the Fig was the only one that really worked to smooth and detangle my hair.  My only problem is the smell.  On me, the initial smell is not that hard to take, but a day after cleansing it smells yucky IMO.  

Laura loves cats!
Valued Contributor

Go for it! Smiley Happy

I recently opened a Fig cc from Decembers TSV and forgot how much I loved it. I have fine, color treated hair and this formula is magical. My hair is 6 inches longer since becoming a WEN girl. I do love to hot roller my long locks so Fig keeps me ends nicely hydrated. Yesterday, I ordered the Fig TSV on AD. 

The scent doesn't bother me at all. If it becomes a bit much for you, a pump of MIF or BGT should take care of that nicely. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think, the reason Fig is by far more moisturizing and smoothing than most CCs, is it's second ingredient - Glycerin, when in ALL others Core CCs it is Aloe Vera Gel or Aloe Vera Leaf Juice.

What do you think?

I will post here the Fig CC and TT (the most universal for most) below. TT and SAM have Glycerin as a third ingredient after Aloe Vera, but I do not see the Glycerin as one of the top ingredients in the rest of core CCs. Fig also does not have Aloe Vera, which actually is a bit drying substance in my opinion.

Fig Cleansing Conditioner :
Water, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Wild Cherry Fruit Extract, Fig Extract,
Chamomile Extract, Marigold Flower Extract, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol,
Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Amodimethicone, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Polysorbate 60,
Panthenol (Pro­Vitamin B5), Menthol, Sweet Almond Oil, PEG­60 Almond Glycerides,
Methylisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Citric Acid, Essential Oils.

Tea Tree Cleansing Conditioner :
Water, Aloe Vera Gel, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Rosemary Extract, Wild Cherry Fruit Extract,
Chamomile Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Behentrimonium Methosulfate,
Cetearyl Alcohol, Panthenol (Pro­Vitamin B5), Trimethylsilylamodimethicone, Stearamidopropyl
Dimethylamine, Polysorbate 60, Menthol, Essential Oils, PEG­60 Almond Glycerides,
Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Citric Acid.

Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner
Water, Aloe Vera Gel, Glycerin, Chamomile Extract, Cherry Bark Extract, Calendula Extract,
Rosemary Extract, Behentrimonium Chloride, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Cetyl Alcohol,
Emulsifying Wax, Panthenol (Pro­Vitamin B5), Trimethylsilylamodimethicone, Hydrolyzed Whole
Wheat Protein, PEG­60, Almond Glycerides, Menthol, Essential Oils, Citric Acid,
Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance.

Valued Contributor

My hair is thin and sparse and I use Fig in my mix and by itself all the time. I need the moister.

Trusted Contributor

I can't use wheat, but I'm pretty impressed by the MIF. I know it is different with wheat. I will say I smelled the fig when I found a few at Sephora. I was suprised how different it smelled. I didn't love it, but it was ok. It was a little more pungent than I expected - not really sweet. But I also smelled the 613 and it was like pure rosemary, so it might have been that the products were a little off.