WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Scent/Formula for the upcoming September TSV Choices

[ Edited ]

I know, this may be  a difficult choice for many of us for the fact that one might like CC in certain formula, but dislike other products in that scent.

Specifically this may be true for TT Replenishing Treatment Mist! We want TT on our scalp, but not necessarily on our face, because it smells like a "bug spray" for many Woman LOL

I want to share my experiment this morning. Because I misplaced my 2 oz TT RTM bottle (which I love by-the-way), and still have half of the 12 oz TT bottle I want to use, I poured TT into half-full SCLV 2 oz RTM bottle.

Guess, what? powerful SCLV took care of at least 60% of this specific TT smell!

Now, I have both on my face - tropical SCLV and medicinal TT!

Of course, one may play with proportion, depending just how much one does not want to smell TT, and mix it up with other RTMs.

p.s. We know there will be all core scents available on this TSV, including CA. CA will be very limited (per Chaz from Periscope).

Honored Contributor

Re: Scent/Formula for the upcoming September TSV Choices

What are you talking about?

Honored Contributor

@ncascade wrote:

What are you talking about?

ncascade, this post is for the WEN hair care forum.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

sonechko, That works with the CC too Smiley Happy If I mix TT & SCLV what I smell is the SCLV, even if it's mostly TT.

It's a great mix Heart

Nice to know that it works with the RTM too Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

I don't think the TT RTM smells that bad. It's not my favorite scent but definitely not the worst either.

Esteemed Contributor

@FleaMktQn wrote:

sonechko, That works with the CC too Smiley Happy If I mix TT & SCLV what I smell is the SCLV, even if it's mostly TT.

It's a great mix Heart

I know, I know. It just there were posters earlier, saying they love TT CC and  hate RTM so much, they'd consider giving it away!

I am just saying - they still may be able to use it, mixiing it with another RTM, minimizing it's scent, and knowing - it's a good stuff!

Esteemed Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

I don't think the TT RTM smells that bad. It's not my favorite scent but definitely not the worst either.

TT is my most favorite RTM by now, HSB! I wrote this for those who still hate the smell of it to the point they won't use it at all. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

@FleaMktQn wrote:

It's a great mix Heart

I know, I know. It just there were posters earlier, saying they love TT CC and  hate RTM so much, they'd consider giving it away!

I am just saying - they still may be able to use it, mixiing it with another RTM, minimizing it's scent, and knowing - it's a good stuff!

I love all products Tea Tree, especially the CC and RTM. If anyone feels the need to give away their TT RTM, feel free to send it my way, I'd be more than happy to take it off your hands! 😃

Esteemed Contributor

I'm a big fan of the TT RTM,  I use it every morning after I cleanse my face.  To me it's fresh and clean.  I also use it to set y makeup.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

My issue with the TT RTM is that I find the scent of any RTM lingers on me much moreso than other WEN products because I don't just spray it on my hair, I use it on my face. This also means that a certain amount of it falls on my clothes, which really retains the scent. If I (and the people around me) are going to be smelling something all day, I want it to be pleasant like 613 or SHP, not something which is at best faintly medicinal.

I gave my TT RTM to my mom to use for mosquito repellant because I heard that it actually works. Sort of like Avon Skin So Soft--although hopefully more pleasant than that. When I was in my high school's drum & bugle corps, we had summer practices early in the morning to avoid the heat. But the grass was still wet and the mosquitos were thick in the air. The girls slathered themselves in Avon SSS because it supposedly repelled the skeeters. But let me tell you, the smell of SSS combined with teenage girl sweat, times about 60 girls... really, really BAD! screaming smiley