WEN

Respected Contributor

So, I'm thinking of straying from 613 and Fig cc's and giving one of the rice based cc's a try.  How do they compare?  Which scent do you prefer?  I'm leaning toward babmboo since I prefer a light, clean scent.

TIA!

Sorry if I post twice.  Site was being wonky.  

Honored Contributor

You mentioned using Fig, but gave no information about your hair type. If you use Fig because your hair needs moisture, I would avoid the Bamboo Green Tea. It was very drying for my hair and the only way I could use my bottle up was to combine it with Fig and Fall Tuscan Pear. I won't reorder and don't recommend it for anyone with dry hair.

I also tried the Mandarin Italian Fig and hoped it would be more moisturizing. While it was better for my very dry hair than the Bamboo, it still didn't leave my hair as soft and healthy feeling as Fig. I really want to try WEN Men, but that's also rice based and at this point, I'm just cutting my losses and not ordering any more of the rice-basede products.

I didn't feel like either had a light, clean scent. They both came across as very perfumey to me and the scent of both lingers in my hair much more than any of the core scents. The Bamboo Green Tea is fresh green and herbal scent, but it was much heavier than I expected based on the name and reviews.

Honored Contributor

Re: Rice Advice

[ Edited ]

@Bella Carro lol, I like your choice of a thread title!! Smiley Happy 

I have thin/fine hair and the Restorative line -- Bamboo Green Tea (BGT)  & Mandarin Italian FIg (MIF) -- are my favorite CCs.  

There's a great BGT & MIF CC duo that you might want to try that's priced at $44.46 -- WEN by Chaz Dean Set of 2 Cleansing Cond. w/Rice Protein

While BGT is great, I think MIF is even better. Some of the most moisturising CCs like FIG just weigh down my hair. MIF gives my hair moisture and more bounce without weighing it down.

MIF smells somewhat like BGT with a slight hint (maybe) of FIG. I definitely prefer the BGT scent, but I like the MIF scent. BGT definitely has a light, clean, fresh scent, but the MIF scent is pretty mild. -- Much like 613, there is a powdery note in their scents (similar to perfumes from the 1940s)

Before BGT, 613 and the Seasonals were my favorite formulas. The Seasonals help repair my hair (as do BGT & MIF), while 613 gives my hair emergency room aid when I haven't been taking care of it properly. 

While I can bathe my hair in 613 CC for days -- lol, I actually did a 3-day experiment with 613 CC once -- there is only so much that 613 CC can do for my hair. There's an upward  hair repair limit. 

So these days, I use 613 CC for my leave in to give my hair an amino acid boost. I use BGT or MIF for my first cleanse, and the Seasonal of the Moment for my second cleanse.

I also have been priming dry my hair with excellent results. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

___ 

Best Seller
QVC Price: $49.00Featured Price: $44.46

___

Regular Contributor

I enjoy both scents. Lately I've preferred MIF. I like FIG scents in general though. MIF maybe a good idea as we enter fall/winter. That scent reads warm to me for some reason. I Always mix CCs when I cleanse, so I can't speak to their performance when used alone. I would follow Bebe's advice and go with the 16oz duo or the travel packet set (if it's still available). 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bella Carro wrote:

So, I'm thinking of straying from 613 and Fig cc's and giving one of the rice based cc's a try.  How do they compare?  Which scent do you prefer?  I'm leaning toward babmboo since I prefer a light, clean scent.

TIA!

~~~

@Bella Carro,

Rice IS Nice!

I use BGT & MIF mixed together for a little more volume.  Or MIF alone for a moisture lift.

Don't know your hair type, but I am a die-hard FIG lover.  WEN FIG saved my desperately unhappy hair.  

But, now with healthy hair I prefer MIF.  Actually I LOVE MIF. I get the volume I want + the moisture my hair loves.

You mention 613.  WELL, you may not know it, but I AM THE EMPRESS OF 613!  tee hee.  I often use it mixed with MIF.

Best wishes with your choice.

A269054 WEN by Chaz Dean Rice Cleansing 16pc Travel Set (Auto-Delivery)

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bebe777 wrote:

@Bella Carro lol, I like your choice of a thread title!! Smiley Happy 

I have thin/fine hair and the Restorative line -- Bamboo Green Tea (BGT)  & Mandarin Italian FIg (MIF) -- are my favorite CCs.  

There's a great BGT & MIF CC duo that you might want to try that's priced at $44.46 -- WEN by Chaz Dean Set of 2 Cleansing Cond. w/Rice Protein

While BGT is great, I think MIF is even better. Some of the most moisturising CCs like FIG just weigh down my hair. MIF gives my hair moisture and more bounce without weighing it down.

MIF smells somewhat like BGT with a slight hint (maybe) of FIG. I definitely prefer the BGT scent, but I like the MIF scent. BGT definitely has a light, clean, fresh scent, but the MIF scent is pretty mild. -- Much like 613, there is a powdery note in their scents (similar to perfumes from the 1940s)

Before BGT, 613 and the Seasonals were my favorite formulas. The Seasonals help repair my hair (as do BGT & MIF), while 613 gives my hair emergency room aid when I haven't been taking care of it properly. 

While I can bathe my hair in 613 CC for days -- lol, I actually did a 3-day experiment with 613 CC once -- there is only so much that 613 CC can do for my hair. There's an upward  hair repair limit. 

So these days, I use 613 CC for my leave in to give my hair an amino acid boost. I use BGT or MIF for my first cleanse, and the Seasonal of the Moment for my second cleanse.

I also have been priming dry my hair with excellent results. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

___ 

Best Seller
QVC Price: $49.00Featured Price: $44.46

___

Since performance of any WEN CCs may vary a lot among the individuals, and even a single person's hair may have different needs at different times, I too highly recommend trying Restorative Rice Protein formulas with purchasing this great DUO - A267689.

The price for two is right, and they both are wonderful CCs, they smell very different, but both have very nice fragrance and hair strengthening Bamboo Water, they mix together harmoniously, why not try them both? You'll get 32 oz total of Restorative CC(s) for $44.46. This is good deal in my opinion.

Trusted Contributor

I'm going to agree with everything @ChynnaBlue said. My hair much prefers the wheat based core CCs; I can only use 613 sparingly, my hair doesn't like too much of the additional amino acids. 

I believe the general consensus is that BGT is more drying and MIF is more moisturizing. I will not reorder BGT, it's too drying for my hair, and the jury is still out on MIF. I've only used it a few times, and it does feel like it's the more moisturizing of the two. I like the scents of both, but they are very perfumey compared to the original formulas. 

My opinion, if you like the treatment based properties of 613 (and can use it pretty often), then these formulas may be a good choice for you. 

Trusted Contributor

@Bella Carro wrote:

TIA!

If you enjoy a clean, light scent I would definitely stick with the BGT. The MIF has a more earthy scent with fig and cedar. I personally do not care for it, although I know I am in the minority with that. I like the performance of the MIF; I find it more moisturizing than BGT. But I have to mix it with either BGT or 613 to tolerate the scent. I probably won't reorder the MIF because there are too many other formulas that work for me that have scents I enjoy.