WEN

Super Contributor

Re: Reviews of Fall Vanilla White Pumpkin CC

Okay, I still have to wait to try mine but am losing a bit of the excitement with the scent descriptions. I do love sandalwood, so will likely like the scent, but I wanted vanilla pumpkin! I do not understand calling the CC vanilla white pumpkin if the scent is sandalwood and there is no white pumpkin in the CC and no prominent vanilla scent . I still have high hopes for performance and since I am a fan of sandalwood that will be fine, but I am now sad that the fall vanilla white pumpkin is not going to be what it should be for scent.
Esteemed Contributor

Could someone please explain the scent of sandalwood - I don't think I've ever smelled anything with this in it - TIA

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@riley1 wrote:

Could someone please explain the scent of sandalwood - I don't think I've ever smelled anything with this in it - TIA

@riley1 here is the wikipedia of it and it describes the scent which i pretty much agree with. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandalwood

"Sandalwood oil has a distinctive soft, warm, smooth, creamy, and milky precious-wood scent. It imparts a long-lasting, woody base to perfumes from the oriental, woody, fougère, and chypre families, as well as a fixative to floral and citrus fragrances. When used in smaller proportions in a perfume, it acts as a fixative, enhancing the longevity of other, more volatile, materials in the composite. Sandalwood is also a key ingredient in the "floriental" (floral-ambery) fragrance family – when combined with white florals such as jasmine, ylang ylang, gardenia, plumeria, orange blossom, tuberose, etc."

I actually really like sandalwood mixed with amber.

Like another poster mentioned, I've used it for burning incense and my old boyfriend also liked to wear the incense oil instead of cologne so I do like the scent.

Super Contributor

True sandalwood is a bit of a woodsy note with a floral, but a wood floral not flowery, sometimes it has a bit of a soft spice note. I actually love real sandalwood, not much of a fan of the synthetic scents.
Esteemed Contributor

@HappyDaze - Thanks for that. With that description, it's a no go for me. (Remember my PJP episode lol)

Honored Contributor

@Denise from Canada wrote:
Okay, I still have to wait to try mine but am losing a bit of the excitement with the scent descriptions. I do love sandalwood, so will likely like the scent, but I wanted vanilla pumpkin! I do not understand calling the CC vanilla white pumpkin if the scent is sandalwood and there is no white pumpkin in the CC and no prominent vanilla scent . I still have high hopes for performance and since I am a fan of sandalwood that will be fine, but I am now sad that the fall vanilla white pumpkin is not going to be what it should be for scent.

You and me both. I don't understand calling it vanilla pumpkin either when it's sandalwood. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@riley1 wrote:

@HappyDaze - Thanks for that. With that description, it's a no go for me. (Remember my PJP episode lol)

@riley1 lol yep! You are welcome. Also, in my earlier post, I described sandalwood as more of a woodsy, outdoorsy, rich warm scent.  Kind of like wood that is a bit wet but warmed by the sun, lol, if that makes sense. I feel it is a bit macsuline.

Honored Contributor

I think the thing that annoys me the most is that there is so much hype over the new CC scents and they sell out really fast so you feel like you need to order it before there are any ingredient lists up or reviews or presentations that discuss what it actually smells like. And then it's not anything like what the name of the scent is.  Plus regardless of his claims that nearly everything is universal, it just isn't. And you can't know what the performance is like without some reviews or talking to other people with similar hair that have tried it. I don't shave my legs, I elipate so it doesn't work as shaving cream ( and I wouldn't spend 60 bucks on shaving cream anyway).  

FGP- no pumpkin and all spices

SMC- no mango all coconut

both of those are also ones with "seed" extracts but the CC doesn't smell like the fruits

WVM- while I love the scent it's chocolate mint but you wouldn't know that from the name

Fig CC is cherry cough syrup not figs

LAV is just wretched, I can't even describe it but it certainly doesn't smell like the lavender flowers I've grown which are lovely.

The kids line gets no love. He said he was doing new rice based a few years ago so I hoped it would also be menthol free. Nope. 

BTW, my hair is almost dry now and absolutely zero curl definition. Not happy with the performance now either. I did use it as leave in because I wanted to give it a full test. I think I might return it I'm so annoyed. Which will be 10 dollars out of my pocket to try it. I'll try it one more time and see but I'm not happy. 

So I guess I'm sticking with the kids line, SHP and SOB. It's annoying to hear all this new stuff that doesn't work for me though. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@Denise from Canada wrote:

You and me both. I don't understand calling it vanilla pumpkin either when it's sandalwood. 

For me, the fall seasonals are the seasonals that I like the least.  I am not a fan of anything that is spicy, I also don't really like pumpkin scented body products.  Although, I may have tried it if a lot of Wenners said that it is close to a pumpkin vanilla scent and they really liked it.   I never wanted to try WVM since I didn't think I would like it but finally tried it last year and did like it.   

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom I do agree with you but be prepared as you may get some not so nice responses to your post even though you have the right to post your thoughts too and should be able to without a backlash. But I know you can handle it. Smiley Wink

I remember when Chaz said that out of the 3 Fall scents- FGP, FAS and FTP, FAS was the spiciest and I was like wait what noooooo, FGP is definitely the spiciest! He has said it several times now so he truly feels that way. FAS is all maple and I don't really consider that spicy. So I always feel like it is just a matter of what our noses pick up, which obviously is not the same across the board. And good point about Winter vanilla mint- it clearly is chocolate mint scent but the name doesn't reflect the chocolatey aspect to it at all.

I actually really would love if he'd expand the kids line and add a few more less sweet scents or at least some with a bit more moisture or, like you mentioned, wish he would have made the other rice based line menthol free. I've been really tempted to try the watermelon kids since I hear it is the most moisturizing but was hoping for a special deal at some point. Are the kids CC ever ODO or special kits or anything?