WEN

Respected Contributor

Re: Reviews of Fall Vanilla White Pumpkin CC

Okay, during cleansing, the sandalwood scent seemed to fade by being diluted. I could have sworn that a minty smell came to the forefront. But, the smell is not overpowering.

The leave in smells divine. I keep thonking of Shalimar perfume when I smell my hair, so that might be a plus to some who like that scent. I am a fan.

I should be receiving the RTM any day now.
Respected Contributor

@FleaMktQn wrote:

@cosmic1 wrote:
I've never found pumpkin to smell much like anything, that it just picks up what you spice it with. It is just a base, to my nose. I find most squash to be that way. You may be smelling the sandalwood. It is a spicy, somewhat floral scent.

I got my FVWP on Sat. & cleansed with it Sat night (I've been holdin out on Ya'll Smiley Embarassed) but I wanted to have a better feel for it before my review.

I was a little disapointed in the scent Smiley Surprised I think I mostly smell sandalwood, very much the way @cosmic1 describes it. I can pick up on a little pumpkin but it's like a raw pumpkin, not the wonderful toasty scent of FGP, also a hint of nutmeg. To me the scent is very light, not much there. It's not bad, I was just expecting more Woman Embarassed But like some others have mentioned I think it might grow on me.

I do like the performance Smiley Very Happy I have used it for both cleanses & leave ins on Sat, Mon, & today, with FTP SC & mousse, nothing else. My hair is soft with the right amount of moisture, not weighed down but not poofy either Woman Very Happy

I will probably keep using the FTP or 613 SC & mousse with it. And cuz I'm not crazy about the scent I'm gonna skip the FVWP extras Woman Surprised But I don't feel deprived, I'm very happy to use what I have Smiley Wink

@FleaMktQn Oh yes I wondered where your review was...Smiley Happy  I am sticking with FTP & back on my Wen's kids....FTP has less of the spicy oils/extracts & if my scalp starts getting the least bit itchy I know it's time to watch the menthol..but using FTP is always great..Odd tho I thought the scent would be different on the VWP than what is being described & everyone has had kind of the same feel for the scent...glad the performace is very good, & I bet your hair looks great!

* I have my first bottle of FTP oil on its way...Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hi @quadmimi I agree FTP is a wonderful scent Heart and you will love the oil Heart

I'm almost glad I'm not crazy about the VWP Smiley Surprised It's not at all what I expected either. I like it but there are others that perform just as well that I like the scent better.

Oh Well it won't be long til the new winter seasonal Woman Wink

Regular Contributor

I got mine yesterday. I haven't used yet but thought I'd comment on my initial thoughts on the scent. Unfortunately, I didn't like the scent. Maybe it will be different in the shower. I thought it smelled floral and was surprised since I love vanilla and pumpkin scents. I definitely prefer the other 3 fall scents including FAS. I see people are commenting about sandalwood smelling floral so maybe that is what I am smelling. To be fair though, I don't like wen men scent or the floral spring scents. It's just not my thing and that's ok - there are plenty of formulas for everyone's tastes. I will definitely be picking up FTP and FGP now.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hmm, I don't think Sandalwood smells floral at all but I do see there is orange flower extract pretty close to the top of the ingredients so perhaps that is why it smells floral. Sandalwood to me smells really woodsy, outdoorsy, rich and warm. To me, it is a pretty masculine scent. 

Certain honeys also smell a bit floral depending on the source of the honey so since there is a honey extract up close to the top, that could be why it smells floral to some.

I am going to pass on this seasonal. I really like sandalwood, actually, but there is no actual pumpkin in this so I think the vanilla and spices are going to be pretty predominant and I am not a fan of either. Sounds like it is a nice formula though so hope those that get it love it!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just cleansed with it. I have to say the name of the CC is HIGHLY misleading. Zero pumpkin scent, dominated by sandalwood. I like sandalwood well enough, but it's something I'll occasionally burn as incense but that's it. Sure the sandalwood is stronger in the bottle than when cleansing but that's not saying much. I can smell the nutmeg and vanilla. Performance wise, I'll have to wait until my hair is dry but in the shower on my hair it feels similar to using SOB or SHP. I'm really disappointed. If you say it's pumpkin, then give me pumpkin. 

Personally I'm sick and tired of buying Wen that doesn't meet my expectations either scent or performance wise. It seems that very few do I love the scent and the performance and he markets nearly everything as supposedly universal. I'm tired of buying bottles that I need to figure out how to use up. Which is why I have been sticking with the couple ones I know work and not buying the new items as much. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

I just cleansed with it. I have to say the name of the CC is HIGHLY misleading. Zero pumpkin scent, dominated by sandalwood. I like sandalwood well enough, but it's something I'll occasionally burn as incense but that's it. Sure the sandalwood is stronger in the bottle than when cleansing but that's not saying much. I can smell the nutmeg and vanilla. Performance wise, I'll have to wait until my hair is dry but in the shower on my hair it feels similar to using SOB or SHP. I'm really disappointed. If you say it's pumpkin, then give me pumpkin. 

Personally I'm sick and tired of buying Wen that doesn't meet my expectations either scent or performance wise. It seems that very few do I love the scent and the performance and he markets nearly everything as supposedly universal. I'm tired of buying bottles that I need to figure out how to use up. Which is why I have been sticking with the couple ones I know work and not buying the new items as much. 

@jaxs mom sorry you are disappointed. I kind of knew when I only saw pumpkin seed and not actual pumpkin "fruit" that it wouldn't real smell like pumpkin. And I agree with you about the scents/performance in general and that is why I haven't tried very many of the newer seasonals and tend to just stick with SMC, SHL and SHP and these days it will be SHP and SHL. It has saved me alot of frustration and money in the long run though so that I should be happy about, lol.

Sorry if I missed this from past posts but which CCs ARE your favorites that you tend to stick with?

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze Well that's the thing, my hair has changed the longer I use Wen so my CCs have changed to. The ones I used in the beginning aren't the best for me anymore. Which is why I occasionally do try new ones. I'm still using the kids line and now I'm also using SOB and SHP. I resisted trying them when they first came out because my hair didn't like the first generation seasonals anymore but apparently it like these newer ones. I think I'll try SHL next time too. 

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@HappyDaze Well that's the thing, my hair has changed the longer I use Wen so my CCs have changed to. The ones I used in the beginning aren't the best for me anymore. Which is why I occasionally do try new ones. I'm still using the kids line and now I'm also using SOB and SHP. I resisted trying them when they first came out because my hair didn't like the first generation seasonals anymore but apparently it like these newer ones. I think I'll try SHL next time too. 

@jaxs mom yeah I used and liked the TT for awhile but then my hair no longer likes it. I think as things change in our lives (stress levels, water quality, age, health, medications, etc) our hair's needs change. Anyway, I have not tried SOB yet but I am seriously thinking of trying it when it comes out again. maybe just try a small set of it first. It seems to be a pretty popular one both in scent an performance.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

@jaxs mom yeah I used and liked the TT for awhile but then my hair no longer likes it. I think as things change in our lives (stress levels, water quality, age, health, medications, etc) our hair's needs change. Anyway, I have not tried SOB yet but I am seriously thinking of trying it when it comes out again. maybe just try a small set of it first. It seems to be a pretty popular one both in scent an performance.

@HappyDaze For my hair I think SOB is just lightly ahead of SHP.

The main thing with my hair changes has been that my hair was a lot drier when I first started using Wen, so I needed all the extra protien in the 613 which I used all the time. I also used TT and Fig regularly in my second year. The kids wasn't enough moisture for me when it first same out. Over time as my hair was no longer dry I couldn't take the seasonals or 613 anymore so I switched to just kids for both cleanses. I do like the scent and performance of SHP and SOB though and I wanted a little more variety than just the kids. I'm glad I got to try them in that December TSV a couple years ago because I ended up buying gallons of both.