WEN

Super Contributor

Re: Reviews of Fall Vanilla White Pumpkin CC

I got mine today and it smells like vanilla sandalwood. Don't think bakery vanilla, think vanilla bean pod. I don't detect any pumpkin or any spice  like cinnamon or clove. I do get a whif of the nutmeg; again don't think pumpkin pie, think a whole nutmeg that you grate. The replenishing mist is coming tomorrow and I can't wait to get my hands on that. This is a win for me because I love vanilla sandalwood. I'll be cleansing with it tomorrow AM. This is for me a perfect fall scent that is a departure from the tradition scents we associate with autumn. Good job Team Chaz!

Regular Contributor

I too received my RTM duo today in the FVWP.  I do smell some vanilla, but it isn't very prominent.  My co-worker smelled the vanilla as well.  It is floral and I suppose the rest of it must be the sandalwood many have mentioned.  It isn't at all what I was expecting.  I sprayed some on my arm and five hours later it's still there.  With that it's one of the stronger scents, at least in RTM version.  It's not that I dislike it, it just doesn't scream fall to me.  I don't  really have any interest in the other products with this scent. I'm not worried about performance as most of the mists perform the same for me with the exception of 613, which is extra awesome.   I'll stick to my FJP and FTP.  That's just my two cents. 

Respected Contributor

@FleaMktQn wrote:

Hi @quadmimi I agree FTP is a wonderful scent Heart and you will love the oil Heart

I'm almost glad I'm not crazy about the VWP Smiley Surprised It's not at all what I expected either. I like it but there are others that perform just as well that I like the scent better.

Oh Well it won't be long til the new winter seasonal Woman Wink

Yes, the FTP oil smells so good! It's one of my favorite seasonal oils. Heart

Honored Contributor

@picco wrote:

The poster who said it reminded them of Shalimar hit the NAIL ON THE HEAD!   If you're a fan of that scent, you'll probably really like this seasonal. I am not a fan at all however.   Smiley Sad  I'm encouraged by those reviews which said the sandalwood scent was much lighter in the shower.  Hopefully I won't keep looking over my shoulder tomorrow at work wondering where that old man with the bad cologne is and why he's standing so close to me. Smiley Happy

It's not that much lighter in the shower and do not use it as a leave in unless you want to smell like you're wear cheap old perfume because it lingers for hours. In fact I ended up cleansing again this afternoon to get rid of the smell. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

@jaxs mom I completely agree with you that the name of the formula doesn't always describe what it actually smells like and like you said, even though though the seasonals are supposedly all universal that's not the case. FGP and WVM and SCLV did not have enough moisture for my hair so they definitely don't all perform the same way. It's kind of frustrating.

I only smell mango in SMC, no coconut at all.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

@picco wrote:

it smells like a bad old man cologne.  

I could not agree with this statement more. That was my first thought. I am disappointed with this cc. No pumpkin scent at all. To those who love it, enjoy it. I will stick with FAS and FGP. Hopefully the new winter cc will be a winner for me.

Respected Contributor

Okay, my RTMs' got here and I spritzed it all through my hair.  It is HEAVY vanilla and a bit nutty.  To me it smells like vanilla almond.  I don't notice pumpkin like the first one at all.  It made my hair just so amazingly soft and shiny.  I guess I like the scent of the FGP a bit better but I DO like this.  I don't notice any cinnamon at all in the new one.  It's not really spicy the the FGP.  This Saturday I'm gonna do the WVP CC, styling creme and RTM and blow dry.  Not only is my hair gonna look boss but it's gonna smell amazing too!

Valued Contributor

Ok, I received my 16 oz bottle today.  I haven't used it yet, but I did smell it.  I don't like the scent.  I'm not sure what I am smelling, but it''s not pumpkin or vanilla.  It has a more masculine scent to me.  I am going to cleanse with it on Friday to see how it performs.  I definitely like the scents of the other 3 fall seasonals much better than this one.  I'm a little bummed, because fall is my favorite seasonal collection, and I was expecting something completely different than what it is.  I'm hoping the performance will make me overlook that it's not my favorite scent.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm the odd man out, I dont do strong fragrances, florals, spicy, musk, perfumes or anything like that. I really want Chaz to do another soft scent like FTP. I was somewhat disappointed when he did another pumpkin because I dont care for pumpkin and if I smell one more thing thats vanilla scented I will scream. Vanilla seems to be the go to scent of EVERYTHING, it doesnt help that I dont care for it.

The more everyone says they cant smell the vanilla or the pumpkin the more I'm interested. I only have a couple of seasonals I like the scent of and that work well for my hair, even SHP that I love the performance of I wouldnt use constantly because the peach scent (although perfectly sweet peach) gets old with me quickly. FTP.... I can wear that head to toe daily.... its the only seasonal scent thats perfectly me.

#IAmTeamWen
Valued Contributor

You make like this scent @nikki48.  I smelled it again this morning.  It's not a bad scent, just not what I was expecting and not my favorite compared to the other fall seasonals. To me, it's a strong scent, not light like FTP.  I'm interested to see how it performs when I use it tomorrow.  I'm hoping it will perform like FAS does on my curls - FAS is my fave for performance and scent.