WEN

Respected Contributor

@quadmimi wrote:

@untitled wrote:

@quadmimi

just FYI - with the remoist you would not apply it to the scalp just to the hair shaft.  But you may be overly sensitive to menthol even doing it that way.

Oh thank you @untitled...i tried sleeping in it so i am sure that was my first mistake..

Plus i have fine chin length hair so it is harder to keep off my scalp..but good to know not to rub it into the scalp, maybe i could try just a couple hours on ends & rinse out..

Thanks again for extra info...Smiley Happy

Hi @quadmimi I don't like to sleep in it, I really prefer to rinse it out before it completely dries. For me leaving it in an hour gives me as much benefit as I'm gonna get from a treatment, but I do often leave it in a little longer.

My hair is getting close to the length of yours & I don't even try to keep it away from my scalp but I don't have the menthol issue either. Like you I didn't even know it was in there Woman Surprised

Respected Contributor

@FleaMktQn wrote:

@quadmimi wrote:

@untitled wrote:

@quadmimi

just FYI - with the remoist you would not apply it to the scalp just to the hair shaft.  But you may be overly sensitive to menthol even doing it that way.

Oh thank you @untitled...i tried sleeping in it so i am sure that was my first mistake..

Plus i have fine chin length hair so it is harder to keep off my scalp..but good to know not to rub it into the scalp, maybe i could try just a couple hours on ends & rinse out..

Hi @quadmimi I don't like to sleep in it, I really prefer to rinse it out before it completely dries. For me leaving it in an hour gives me as much benefit as I'm gonna get from a treatment, but I do often leave it in a little longer.

My hair is getting close to the length of yours & I don't even try to keep it away from my scalp but I don't have the menthol issue either. Like you I didn't even know it was in there Woman Surprised

@FleaMktQn...yes i have been so good about reading ingredients, but missed this..

I just had my scalp doing better now i will have to watch it for a bit..sometimes the oil's can make my scalp itchy also, i think it depends on the oil blends & extracts..

Right now i am just using straight evening primrose oil no blends or mixes, i wish i wasnt so sensitive, but like i always say, thank goodness for Wen Kids, it still gives me Wen hair..Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I've tried POM, FIg and TT ( the last two from a TSV 4 years ago) They work the same. I like the scent of the POM best and since my hair hasn't liked the CC I enjoy it in the remoist. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@FleaMktQn wrote:

@quadmimi wrote:

@untitled wrote:

@quadmimi

Agreed. I do my treatments during the day when I don't have to go anywhere. Besides the fact that I can't sleep in it, my cats sleep in bed and I don't want them to be exposed to tea tree oil since it's not safe for them. 

Honored Contributor

@quadmimi wrote:

@FleaMktQn wrote:

@quadmimi wrote:

@untitled wrote:

@quadmimi

@FleaMktQn...yes i have been so good about reading ingredients, but missed this..

I just had my scalp doing better now i will have to watch it for a bit..sometimes the oil's can make my scalp itchy also, i think it depends on the oil blends & extracts..

Right now i am just using straight evening primrose oil no blends or mixes, i wish i wasnt so sensitive, but like i always say, thank goodness for Wen Kids, it still gives me Wen hair..Smiley Happy

That's why I started mixing my own oils for scalp treatments. I react to some of the ingredients in the Wen oils. 

Respected Contributor

@jaxs mom....Yes I  like the oils, but they don't always like me!...

Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

The differences in the CC's and the RTM are funny, aren't they?  I use FIG because I NEED it, but the scent does nothing for me.

However, to me the FIG OIL smells wonderful because I love the orange scent in it!

Go figure.

I agree @Drythe. The FIG oil is my favorite from the classic line. Heart

I don't really mind the scent of the FIG CC although it's heavy on the menthol but my hair needs FIG.

Honored Contributor
Realize BGT & 319 not offered in the TSV. Being that iam higly sensitive to scents would like to share both of these have not been issue with allergies. In fact! 319 body treatment healed my flakey eye lids from allergic reaction to eye makeup. Use both BGT & 319 CC. Rice formula nut free and gluton free. Love the results. Recently wanted to try 313 replenish mist. No allergic reaction. Fact I'm able to also enjoy, New Light EDP! My favorite scent. Is HUGE!!! Not sure how Chaz accomplished this feat. Sniff myself through our the day... Float away in a sea of senual notes that are hypnotic indeed. 💃
Respected Contributor

I've only tried the FIG and BGT remoist and of the two I slightly prefer the BGT (haven't checked ingredients to see how they differ) -- both in terms of scent and performance although they are probably pretty close on performance.  Now I'm curious to try the MIF but don't really need any remoist right now.

I always use it full head -- not avoiding the scalp. But I haven't noticed any sensitivities.

I also don't like using it overnight as it makes my hair too crunchy and it's harder to rinse out.  I am fine to keep it on for an hour (maybe two if I have the time) and that works fine. But I don't use it that often either -- usually only once a month (occasionally two). 

Honored Contributor

@quadmimi wrote:

I have only recently tried the SAM, (someone gave it to me) .. the scent was nice but i use the Wen Kids on my scalp due to menthol issue.. i did not realize the remoist had menthol, (my fault for not reading),  so the Hub is using it up..( i would pick the fig if i could use it for extra moisture & i love the scent... 

@quadmimi Since you can't use the remoist, I've found that coconut oil works just as well as a conditioning treatment. I usually leave it on for a couple hours. I don't put it on my scalp though, just on my length. It washes out fine with the Wen kids, which I also use.