WEN

Respected Contributor

OK.  Here's the deal.  WEN has made my hair so healthy and thick and growing so fast that I've been loving letting it grow and that I don't even have to go to my Stylist every 6 weeks to trim split ends like I used to do in the past.  The problem is though, HAIR IS HOT!!!  Oh my goodness, I feel like I'm wearing a fur hat all the time and I'm a hot natured person.

I'm struggling with making the decision to go back to wearing shorter almost pixie style.  It's so beautiful long, but it's killing me!

Honored Contributor

Re: Rats - I have a problem!!

Practice some updo's. There are tons of very nice hair toys out there. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana: thick hair is hot, isn't it? I don't have long hair but let it grow out some in the winter. I try to keep it that way but find myself telling him to go shorter when the really warm weather hits. I have to go in every 3 weeks since it grows so fast.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Check it out, you can hardly see scalp at the part!  When I went through menopause, my part started getting wider and it was getting thinner at the temples, mostly because it had gotten so horribly dry and nothing I tried seemed to change it....nothing till I tried WEN again.

hair1.jpg

hair2.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana.  I also love my long WEN hair.  All my life my hair was short, thin and straight as a stick.   My mother and sister had natural curly hair so Mom let my sister's grow.  I had a permanent and hair kept above my shoulders.  My stylist has been with me 25+ years.  She and the other ladies in the salon love the changes in my hair.  I am 72 and keep my hair just below my shoulders.  Because of my age and health issues requiring meds my hair is thin still but it now has developed little soft waves.  It has body now so there is the appearance of being fuller.  

No more perms and I have not colored my hair in months trying to accept the white/gray, whatever it chooses to be.  My skin is pale so last time my natural color washed me out and people thought I was sick.   I am using a tinted primer for a little natural looking color.  After my WEN hair dries naturally I put in up in a loose. bun (just like Chaz showed) and in the AM I have waves.  If I want curls I put it up in one of those banana type bun makers for the night.  Both styles settings look presentable so I do also when I just want to put my hair out of the way in the heat or doing housework.  

My DILs love my hair and say it looks good on me don't cut.  They say hair length is about me and how it looks not about my age.   I can trust their judgement as they lovingly give me honest opinions even when not asked for.   So nice to have 3 generations of ladies to discuss life freely with.  Constructive ideas are always welcome and appreciated by all.  Love my ladies.

Esteemed Contributor

That's my idea of the perfect problem..........

CongratsHeart

ahhhhhh but the way @Buck-i-Nana you might want to change the title of your post.... it's misleading  

laugh

Respected Contributor

My hair is getting long too!  I have a different take on the success of my healthy Wen hair.  (mid-bust if blown out in a sleek style)

Nothing is easier than having long hair and putting it up into a top-bun or a  high ponytail while I am at the gym.

Another plus of long hair is while on a cruise or resort vacation, I am able to create  a variety of up-dos in a matter of minutes while my other girlfriends are having to blow dry their hair and then straighten it (usually with a flat iron).  Just CC twice, a pump of CC, and pump of SC and sometimes mousse!  So easy...........Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

so funny - yeah lurkers will get all excited and think it is something negative. NOT

@Buck-i-Nana I think you should keep the longer hair as long as it is healthy  - be very proud of it!

Respected Contributor

@hopi wrote:

That's my idea of the perfect problem..........

CongratsHeart

ahhhhhh but the way @Buck-i-Nana you might want to change the title of your post.... it's misleading  

laugh

th.jpg

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Okay, @Buck-i-Nana, inquiring minds need to know! Exactly what WEN products are you using? I have the same hair issues you spoke of...part getting wider and wider....thinning at the temples. I had knee surgery 3 months ago and I feel the anesthesia has made the thinning even worse and my hair is falling out much more then normal. I'm shedding worse then any dog you've ever seen. Ha! I tried WEN many, many years ago but just couldn't seem to get into it. Would really love to have the current "problem" you have.

Thanks for any information.

pup