WEN

Occasional Contributor

Quick question on coloring hair when using Wen

I'm only using Wen products since my last color.  The next time I color do I need to do anything different or tell my hairstylist anything before coloring?  Should I only cleanse and not use the other products on my hair.  I notice when I wet my hair that is full of Wen styling products it gets extremely soft while it washes out.  Just wondered if coloring is a problem or if you need to do anything any different when you go to the beauty shop.  I MUST keep my grey/silver covered.

Honored Contributor

Re: Quick question on coloring hair when using Wen

@EvieJ wrote:

I'm only using Wen products since my last color.  The next time I color do I need to do anything different or tell my hairstylist anything before coloring?  Should I only cleanse and not use the other products on my hair.  I notice when I wet my hair that is full of Wen styling products it gets extremely soft while it washes out.  Just wondered if coloring is a problem or if you need to do anything any different when you go to the beauty shop.  I MUST keep my grey/silver covered.

I only have comb through Highlights, so I might not be a good source.  But, the night before I do a good oil treatment and sleep with it in my hair (cheap shower caps a must here, not secy, but ...) the AM of the color I wash well with 2 cleanses.  My hair air dries on the way to the salon.  I TAKE 613 CC WITH ME - my stylist of 20 years says no problem, my hair is the best he's ever seen it.  He does the comb through color on dry hair.  Then cleans  & rinses with my 613.  After that he cuts wet, I add some more 613 as leave-in and go home.  I don't wash after color for 48 hours.

Highlightes stay great for 2 - 3 months (comb through leaves no noticible scalp line, so I can go longer.)    LOVE MY WEN HAIR!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

this has been my routine for years.  I do an oil treatment maybe 3-4 days before my appt,  I don't cleanse the day before or the day of because color

takes  better this way.  My stylist adds a dropper of oil to my dye mix.  After color she cleanses my hair with my choice of cc and uses the sc. Sometimes  I pass on the sc because I'm going home to do a remoist overnight. If I don't do the remoist the same day I do it by my next cleanse

Esteemed Contributor

I use Wen and color my hair.  I don't do anything different or special the night before I color.  I mention to my stylist that we are Wen family now. My stylist's opinion is that if your hair is healhy then she is happy. The products/color that she uses on my hair are never drying. I color quite a bit so I'm always amazed and pleased. I credit Wen with the fact the I can color my hair again and the color holds. All I do is touch up the new growth. My hair grows fast so this is about every 8 weeks or so.   

Honored Contributor

I don't do anything different.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

@JAXS mom wrote:

I don't do anything different.

@jaxs mom, sorry for the OT here, but I just noticed your avatar. What a cute kitty! He/she looks a lot like my Buddy. He's a solid grey Norwegian Forest cat (possibly mixed--he's a rescue).

Honored Contributor

I do my own color at home, but I do a 613 deep treatment two days before I color. After I rinse my color out, I use the conditioner that comes with the kit and rinse that out, then I apply Remoist and leave that in my hair overnight.