WEN

Honored Contributor

Question on styling cream pumps

I just started blow drying my hair on a regular basis again, so I'm back to using the SC every cleanse. How long does a bottle usually last you if you use it every time? The info I have says that the 6 oz bottles hold 60 pumps, at 3 pumps each use that means a bottle would last me 30 uses. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

Re: Question on styling cream pumps

@jaxs mom wrote:

I just started blow drying my hair on a regular basis again, so I'm back to using the SC every cleanse. How long does a bottle usually last you if you use it every time? The info I have says that the 6 oz bottles hold 60 pumps, at 3 pumps each use that means a bottle would last me 30 uses. 

@jaxs mom For the most part I have used the 613 SC since June (with the occasional 319, FTP and TT SC thrown in there). I would say I use SC 5-6 days/wk and use approx 1 to 1.5 pumps. I am just now hitting bottom. (The core and seasonal SC's I use 2 pumps.) So, subtracting the other SC's I would say the 613 SC bottle lasts me approx. 4 to 4.5 mo's.

Honored Contributor

Oh wait, I did the math wrong, it's it's 60 total pumps divided by 3 thats 20 uses. 

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

Oh wait, I did the math wrong, it's it's 60 total pumps divided by 3 thats 20 uses. 

@jaxs mom

Did you say how long your hair is?  Mine is about 1 inch past my shoulders and I use a pea sized amount.

Remember you use it on soaking wet hair, so it really spreads around.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

My hair is past my bra strap and it's thick. I've been a Wen user for 4 years but I usually air dry so I haven't been as diligent about the amount of SC I use in the past. Yes, I use it on soaking wet hair in the shower after applying leave in. 

Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

@jaxs mom

Did you say how long your hair is?  Mine is about 1 inch past my shoulders and I use a pea sized amount.

@Drythe That sounds about like the amount that I used to use. My hair is almost to the middle of my back and I think Chaz usually uses two pumps of SC on the models' hair when it's that length. I thought a pea size amount was plenty for me until I was watching how much he used. Lately I've been using one and a half pumps of SC. If I use more than that, it's too much for my hair and it feels greasy.

Honored Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

@jaxs mom

@Drythe That sounds about like the amount that I used to use. My hair is almost to the middle of my back and I think Chaz usually uses two pumps of SC on the models' hair when it's that length. I thought a pea size amount was plenty for me until I was watching how much he used. Lately I've been using one and a half pumps of SC. If I use more than that, it's too much for my hair and it feels greasy.

@HSB1204

You are SO right!  Chaz does use more,I think.  But a pea size amount seems right on my thick, but fine, straight hair.  No sense spoiling my hair by giving it too much Chaz!  Just a bit of a joke.  Seriously, if I use more my hair also gets  weighted down and doesn't look right.  So, since I cleanse every other day, a container of SC lasts me a little > 2 months.  Well worth it for me, one of my fave. products.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

@jaxs mom

@HSB1204

You are SO right!  Chaz does use more,I think.  But a pea size amount seems right on my thick, but fine, straight hair.  No sense spoiling my hair by giving it too much Chaz!  Just a bit of a joke.  Seriously, if I use more my hair also gets  weighted down and doesn't look right.  So, since I cleanse every other day, a container of SC lasts me a little > 2 months.  Well worth it for me, one of my fave. products.

@Drythe I agree. My har is thin and fine and I always just used the pea size amount. I think it was @bebe777 who said she used two or three pumps of SC on her hair. I figured if it worked for her I could try it as well. But one and a half pumps is definitely my limit. We just have to figure out what works best for our hair. I see Chaz using lots of pumps of mousse on the models' hair but if I use more than 3-4 pumps my hair gets weighed down and greasy. You'd think I could use more for my length but I just can't.

Honored Contributor

I used 4 pumps today and my hair looks nice. I have wurly hair though that is not fine. The only time I've had my hair be weighed down from styling products was when I experimented with a whole dropper of the oil as part of my leave in or was it mixed with SC I can't remember. 

Esteemed Contributor

I originally tried using SC on wet hair, but whether air or dryer dried, it gave me that dry, scratchy, dirty feel.

Fortunately, it works GREAT on my dry hair to twist my curls back into smoothness in the morning. Just half a pump on fingertips, a dab more on humid days. The trick on dry hair is to work it very quickly, before the SC dries.

No icky, stiff, sticky, greasy product build up!