WEN

Super Contributor

Re: Question on styling cream pumps

[ Edited ]

I'm still trying to get the hang of this whole styling creme thing and think I've found what works for my hair.  I've been watching Chaz and hearing about the 1-2 pumps after leave in and I was doing that but felt it could be better.  Today I changed it up and used only 1/2 pump 613 styling creme mixed with 1 pump of MIF as my leave in.  Then I used five pumps instead of ten of the 613 mousse.  I let my hair air dry until it was 95% dry and then used the blow dryer for just a few minutes. Finished off with a spritz of MIF replenishing mist and brushed it through.  Really great results.  Zero frizz and high shine.  I've NEVER been able to let my hair dry that much without looking like the end of a broom.  These products are outstanding.  I love experimenting with them! 

Honored Contributor

I think it depends on if you need the heat protectant aspect of the SC. That's the main thing I'm using it for. If you're just using it for style, then whatever works. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

I have a number of different sc and use them almost every cleanse. I vary the amount depending on if I am air drying or not, and if I'm using another styler or not. I use less if I'm also using gs or mousse. More if just sc. Less if bloe drying, more if air drying. I have a stacked bob, fine but very dense hair. 1 1/2 pumps is perfect for me.
Valued Contributor

Hi @jaxs mom! I have read the same information you have regarding the 6oz bottles containing 60 pumps. I have longer hair and use 1.5 to 2 pumps everytime I cleanse my hair. I usually cleanse 2-3 times a week depending upon what I am doing. At 2 pumps 2 times a week a bottle should only last me 12 weeks. I have never gone through a bottle of styling creme in under 4 months, it is closer to the five month mark when I finish a bottle. I date my bottles when I open them, so I am not sure if I am somehow not using full pumps or if the pump count is off. 🤔 

I will say that I don't use it out of the shower, I know some people do, that would take the number of pumps used in a day up. I feel like it takes me forever to use up a bottle! LOL!

Since we have a decent amount of snow here and I have to cleanse my hair anyway, I see a scale and science experiment coming up later today! 🤓

Honored Contributor

@Nicole WI Interesting question. I know that I sometimes don't always pump the CC bottles all the way down, since it sometimes pauses when rising back up from a previous pump. That shouldn't be as much of an issue with the SC though since it's not as thick and using 1-4 is so different that 30 pumps. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@Nicole WI Interesting question. I know that I sometimes don't always pump the CC bottles all the way down, since it sometimes pauses when rising back up from a previous pump. That shouldn't be as much of an issue with the SC though since it's not as thick and using 1-4 is so different that 30 pumps. 

Same here. My 1.5 pumps are not true full pumps. More like half pumps.