WEN

Trusted Contributor

Re: Question and Guidance Regarding Manufacture Dates of TSV items

[ Edited ]

I know I should not get involved in this until there is an official answer released.  But I like puzzles and that would be from 2014 and how I have always read it.   So much better now with actual manufacturing date.

Trusted Contributor

I have heard yes, they are dates and no, they arent dates. So until I get a off smelling product or very cloudy rancid smelling oil I am fine. As long as it works!

Right now I am LOVING the feel of TT oil on my scalp again... OH TEA TREE.... You have soooo been missed!!!

#IAmTeamWen
Valued Contributor

They are dates and I have recieved an oil that was discolored and rancid previously. It does not feel good to pay money for old or rancid products.
Respected Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

@quadmimi I remember a post where @TamiT28 had mentioned something about getting an old bottle of oil and when she asked Chaz's team about the numbers on the bottom of the bottle they confirmed that one of them was the year that it was manufactured. Apparently someone at Chaz's customer service doesn't know what they're doing since people are now getting different stories.

@HSB1204   Yes I remember that also.. The CS girl said there isn't a date as the shelf life was 2 years so no need for one..  But like @nikki48  All mine seems fine (I had a bottle of WK's I was asking about, & since code on bottom wasn't expiration date I am fine with it).. 

Maybe someone else will find out more but that is what I was told..Smiley Happy 

Esteemed Contributor

TT oil was my very first purchase from WEN way back when.  I haven't even worried about the dates.  I have stocked my oils for a long time and have never experienced a bad bottle even having some open ones for close to 3 years.  As a mafter of fact I just finished off 4 bottles of older seasonals.  Now if I received a cloudy bottle that would give me cause to contact CS.  I date my oils and use on a first in, first out.  I do look at the bottle when I receive them but usually don't open them unless it's a new seasonal I want to take a whiff of.

Trusted Contributor

@Diva1Donna wrote:
They are dates and I have recieved an oil that was discolored and rancid previously. It does not feel good to pay money for old or rancid products.

I hope you got a replacement! No, it doesnt feel good to get bad products and it shouldnt be stood for.

#IAmTeamWen
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nikki48 wrote:

@Diva1Donna wrote:

I hope you got a replacement! No, it doesnt feel good to get bad products and it shouldnt be stood for.

It happened this Spring with a bottle of SGGT oil. I exchanged it for SOB because I was afraid I would get another old bottle. I decided to give SGGT another try when a 3 piece kit was offered later in the season with CC, oil, and RTM. I then received a newer bottle with the set and it was a completely different smell. I really liked the new bottle. 

Valued Contributor

@quadmimi wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

@quadmimi I remember a post where @TamiT28 had mentioned something about getting an old bottle of oil and when she asked Chaz's team about the numbers on the bottom of the bottle they confirmed that one of them was the year that it was manufactured. Apparently someone at Chaz's customer service doesn't know what they're doing since people are now getting different stories.

@HSB1204   Yes I remember that also.. The CS girl said there isn't a date as the shelf life was 2 years so no need for one..  But like @nikki48  All mine seems fine (I had a bottle of WK's I was asking about, & since code on bottom wasn't expiration date I am fine with it).. 

Maybe someone else will find out more but that is what I was told..Smiley Happy 

THIS IS INSANITY!!!!! 😡😡

Those ARE manufactured dates and for CHAZ's CS to state otherwise is outrageous. ESPECIALLY when you have a consumer specifically asking about it. Enough with the deception already. Both QVC and CD Studio are well aware of this issue and have been for some time. (Years) This is unacceptable and they better be accountable for the practice they are putting into place. So disappointed in them both.

Regular Contributor

I wanted to provide an update.  This afternoon I contacted the Chaz Dean Salon using the phone number on the products.  I had to leave a voice message for customer service.  A customer service representative returned my call in under 30 minutes.  I explained my concern and provided her with the numbers on the bottom of my TSV components.  She confirmed that the numbers in question are manufacture dates.  She confirmed that I received a product packaged in 2010 and 2012.  She went on to assure me that the products (including the oil from 2010) are good to use.  She clarified that WEN products have a 2 year shelf life from the date they are opened/seal is broken.  I asked if this was a normal practice for such old product to be shipped to customers as a "new" configuration.  She confirmed it does happen since the 2 year shelf life on all WEN products does not take effect until they are opened. 

I am glad to have an answer directly from the company.  However, I am disappointed that QVC is shipping out such old product.  I posted this same question in the CS forum, but QVC has not responded.  I will call QVC next.  I would prefer to receive fresher products simply for my piece of mind.  I am also confused about how long an oil can remain "fresh" once it is packaged.  I live in the deep south.  When my package was delivered yesterday it was over 95 degrees. I could be very wrong, but it seems that these extreme temperatures would also have a negative effect on the oil. 

Respected Contributor

@CoCo87 wrote:

I wanted to provide an update.  This afternoon I contacted the Chaz Dean Salon using the phone number on the products.  I had to leave a voice message for customer service.  A customer service representative returned my call in under 30 minutes.  I explained my concern and provided her with the numbers on the bottom of my TSV components.  She confirmed that the numbers in question are manufacture dates.  She confirmed that I received a product packaged in 2010 and 2012.  She went on to assure me that the products (including the oil from 2010) are good to use.  She clarified that WEN products have a 2 year shelf life from the date they are opened/seal is broken.  I asked if this was a normal practice for such old product to be shipped to customers as a "new" configuration.  She confirmed it does happen since the 2 year shelf life on all WEN products does not take effect until they are opened. 

I am glad to have an answer directly from the company.  However, I am disappointed that QVC is shipping out such old product.  I posted this same question in the CS forum, but QVC has not responded.  I will call QVC next.  I would prefer to receive fresher products simply for my piece of mind.  I am also confused about how long an oil can remain "fresh" once it is packaged.  I live in the deep south.  When my package was delivered yesterday it was over 95 degrees. I could be very wrong, but it seems that these extreme temperatures would also have a negative effect on the oil. 

@CoCo87.  I found my email from Brittany stating there is no exp. date.. so if what your CS person said is correct then my WK's would be from 2010 also.. I guess if its from when its opened that the 2 years begin, then mine would be ok.. seems old to me, i would think if its from 2014 then it would be cloer to 2 years...