WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Pre-Blended, Whipped Up Wen Treasures

I've become a maniac-mad-scientist for pre-blending Wen cc combos. For the past several cleanses I've added a new twist. I have been pumping out and pre-blending my 1st, 2nd, and leave-in, and whipping them up until doubled in volume ahead of time.

For mixing bowls I'm using disposable 6oz solo plastic cups with snap on lids.

No more pumping into my hand from the Wen bottle and accidently dropping a big handful of CC or the slippery bottle onto the shower floor.

(yeah, I'm a klutz!) No more row of bottles lined up across the towel bar or rolling around underfoot. No more carrying a BASKET full of assorted Wen bottles to wash hair in the kitchen sink.

Just 3 little plastic cups of Wen, pre-pumped and measured, whipped with (gradually added) water until it's doubled in volume and light as meringue. Its still thick enough to turn upside down without it dumping out of the cup, but it spreads quickly and evenly through my hair AND rinses out more easily.

If I'm going to use Tea Tree cc on my scalp I'll pre-pump that into a 4th cup and pre-whip it with added water. As with the others, I'm finding it's much easier to work that evenly across my scalp than cc straight out of the bottle.

I like to add oil to my leave-in. I use a flat "paddle" shaped utensil (sort of like a wide popsicle stick) to thoroughly blend the oil into the CC, then start adding drips of water as I stir quickly. At first it will separate and look like a failed experiment, but I keep stirring briskly and it will emulsify into a creamy texture. Once that happens I gradually add more water until it's twice the volume. I haven't had any mixture that separated once it emulsified.

I already keep a shower comb, a plastic hair clip, and a Wen mousse in the kitchen cupboard next to the sink, (doesn't everybody?)

Pre-blended whipped up Wen treasures. Just snap a cap on it and tuck it in the cupboard.

Ah, Chaz . . .you make me so happy.

Honored Contributor

Re: Pre-Blended, Whipped Up Wen Treasures

@x Hedge wrote:

I've become a maniac-mad-scientist for pre-blending Wen cc combos. For the past several cleanses I've added a new twist. I have been pumping out and pre-blending my 1st, 2nd, and leave-in, and whipping them up until doubled in volume ahead of time.

For mixing bowls I'm using disposable 6oz solo plastic cups with snap on lids.

No more pumping into my hand from the Wen bottle and accidently dropping a big handful of CC or the slippery bottle onto the shower floor.

(yeah, I'm a klutz!) No more row of bottles lined up across the towel bar or rolling around underfoot. No more carrying a BASKET full of assorted Wen bottles to wash hair in the kitchen sink.

Just 3 little plastic cups of Wen, pre-pumped and measured, whipped with (gradually added) water until it's doubled in volume and light as meringue. Its still thick enough to turn upside down without it dumping out of the cup, but it spreads quickly and evenly through my hair AND rinses out more easily.

If I'm going to use Tea Tree cc on my scalp I'll pre-pump that into a 4th cup and pre-whip it with added water. As with the others, I'm finding it's much easier to work that evenly across my scalp than cc straight out of the bottle.

I like to add oil to my leave-in. I use a flat "paddle" shaped utensil (sort of like a wide popsicle stick) to thoroughly blend the oil into the CC, then start adding drips of water as I stir quickly. At first it will separate and look like a failed experiment, but I keep stirring briskly and it will emulsify into a creamy texture. Once that happens I gradually add more water until it's twice the volume. I haven't had any mixture that separated once it emulsified.

I already keep a shower comb, a plastic hair clip, and a Wen mousse in the kitchen cupboard next to the sink, (doesn't everybody?)

Pre-blended whipped up Wen treasures. Just snap a cap on it and tuck it in the cupboard.

Ah, Chaz . . .you make me so happy.

@x Hedge

Sounds as though you are becoming the 'mixing queen'!

I'll be watching for you on U-tube, you'll be a STAR.

Keep on rocking all that fun!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

Thought that was called "The Monster Blend"

When you no longer can pump it out or you have to beat your hand blue to empty the bottle.

Made one today in a lock and lock with 6 bottles.

Esteemed Contributor

@hopi, if that's what you got out if it, maybe I should delete my post and start over.

To clairify: I am intentionally selecting compatible formulas and fragrances, pre-measuring and blending them to make my first cleanse, my second cleanse, and my leave-in, IN ADVANCE.

Three little cups. Wen cc, pre-measured, whipped up with water and air until doubled in volume.

I empty the first cup for the first cleans.

I empty the second cup on the second cleanse.

I empty the third cup for the leave it.

BUT

ref-false-equivalency.jpgwhen I add "bottom of the Wen bottles" to my Wen Roulette bottle I add full strength Wen, which settles unmixed, in individual LAYERS so I am always pleasantly surprised by whatever Wen cc happens to reach the bottom of the pump stem that day. I add to the top, but since the pump stem is several layers down near the bottom of the bottle I don't know what I'll get.

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge  That is master blending at it's best!  I love when everyone shares there uses of Wen...I would think the whipped version would be easier to work with, I have such super fine hair, I will try it.. I use less most of the time due to my baby baby fine hair, so this might help with that...Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@quadmimi wrote:

@x Hedge  That is master blending at it's best!  I love when everyone shares their uses of Wen...I would think the whipped version would be easier to work with, I have such super fine hair, I will try it.. I use less most of the time due to my baby baby fine hair, so this might help with that...Smiley Happy

Me too @quadmimi !

Here's a blend of BGT, WRC, and 613. I stir briskly while adding water. It's still thick enough not to move if held upside-down.20170131_223604.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@hopi, if that's what you got out if it, maybe I should delete my post and start over.

To clairify: I am intentionally selecting compatible formulas and fragrances, pre-measuring and blending them to make my first cleanse, my second cleanse, and my leave-in, IN ADVANCE.

Three little cups. Wen cc, pre-measured, whipped up with water and air until doubled in volume.

I empty the first cup for the first cleans.

I empty the second cup on the second cleanse.

I empty the third cup for the leave it.

BUT

ref-false-equivalency.jpgwhen I add "bottom of the Wen bottles" to my Wen Roulette bottle I add full strength Wen, which settles unmixed, in individual LAYERS so I am always pleasantly surprised by whatever Wen cc happens to reach the bottom of the pump stem that day. I add to the top, but since the pump stem is several layers down near the bottom of the bottle I don't know what I'll get.

@x Hedge

No you are fine.

I was being facetious and should have reread my post to make myself clear.  In fact  had an outside emotie that was  humorous  and could not get it to  post but htat probably was not enough.

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge  I'm gonna try this too Smiley Very Happy Thanks for the tip Heart

Super Contributor

Finally a use for those silly little salad dressing containers!!! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@RipleyGirl wrote:

Finally a use for those silly little salad dressing containers!!! Smiley Happy

just don't store them in the fridge. 😲

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️