WEN

Valued Contributor

Re: Pom oil....wow am I stunned

@HappyDaze wrote:

@WenDoll10girl wrote:

@ANewHue wrote:

@Well for all of you who haven't seen the posts, @bebe777 and @jennyskid  and myself have been having good results using the POM oil under our eyes for dark circles.  Well I'm so excited about this I had to post immediately.  Today while I was working out I noticed the vein I have on my calf looked horrible, it was deep purple and boy did it get even  uglier.    It's a spider vein, the result of spending too many hours standing on my feet when I was younger. So I grabbed my POM oil and took a few moments to massage it in.  Well tonight as I was getting ready to shower, I couldn' t believe my eyes,  all the shoot offs are gone....they are gone and the vein itself is now a lilac color instead of that deep (almost black) purple. Now I use POM oil everyday for years now and I'm amazed with this.  I also have The same type of veins around my ankle and massaged the oil there as well.  I cannot believe how great the result was after ONE use.  I will do this everyday now.  I wish I had taken a "before" picture because it's that incredible.  That's why I love all my Wen.

@ANewHue Thanks for sharing.  I use the Tea tree oil a and the SAM for my scalp.  I may give this a try on the rest of my face and body.

@WenDoll10girl please don't use the Tea tree oil around your eyes at least (would advise against it on your face as well)- it contains eucalyptus and peppermint oils which could cause irritation to your skin and eyes.

@HappyDaze Thank you. I did not know the Wen tea tree oil could cause irritation, if used on the face.  I never thought of trying the Pom oil, so was never on my list of things to buy.  Now I feel silly I missed the special pricing and free shipping for the oils in his last visit.  

Formally NewtoWen
Valued Contributor

Is there a lot of Vit C in POM? Possible its lightening darker areas because it has Vit C in it.

Valued Contributor

@segrl21 wrote:

Is there a lot of Vit C in POM? Possible its lightening darker areas because it has Vit C in it.

@segrl21 The ingredients for the Pom are:

Organic Jojoba Seed Oil, Sesame Seed Oil, Olive Fruit Oil, Coco­Caprylate/Caprate, Organic Argan Oil, Abyssinian Oil, Essential Oil Blend, Pomegranate Oil, Rosemary Leaf Oil, Grapefruit Peel Oil, Tocopherol.

Formally NewtoWen
Esteemed Contributor

@segrl21@WenDoll10girl. Evidently it's the Rosemary leaf.  Still looks great and I, still using it twice a day.  

Valued Contributor

@ANewHue wrote:

@segrl21@WenDoll10girl. Evidently it's the Rosemary leaf.  Still looks great and I, still using it twice a day.  

@ANewHue Sounds great.  I already have it on my wish list for his next visit.  I'm hoping for free shipping or a good deal on oils again.

Formally NewtoWen
Trusted Contributor

These reports about POM oil are really interesting to me. I have an issue with my skin where it scars easily and takes a long time to fade. I have all kinds of minor scars from my cat biting me. They're really minor scrapes, but they leave dark scars on my skin that just take forever to fade. I decided last weekend to try the POM oil on them. Even if it doesn't work miracles, I'm sure the hydration will help a little if nothing else.

Valued Contributor

Never knew 

@ANewHue wrote:

Never knew Rosemary would have that effect. Used a bit under my eyes for the last few nights. Have genetic puffiness and oils under the eye can puff me up even more. POM didn't add to my puffiness and I've woke up to less puffiness. Wish I had tried it sooner.  

Esteemed Contributor

@segrl21. I suffer with terrible dark circles especially when I'm sick.  I saw this several weeks ago in a post and tried it for a week.  For days I didn't look in a mirror (as I was sick) and when I did I couldn't believe my eyes, I looked noticeably younger about 10 years younger.  So I've been putting it under my eyes since then.  When I saw this vein I I I was shocked and upset how horrible it was and just did it on a whim.  No way did I expect the result I got especially with only one application.  While I was massaging it it felt like it had a knot in it, so I did spend 5 minutes really massage it.  I have great results with other thing besides my hair but this was simply amazing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dangit! That's what I get for cancelling my TT/POM oil duo. Anyhoo, I bet if it works on dark circles and deep purple (great band!) veins, it might work on dark/sun spots, too? I need to get it just go try it for that!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Super Contributor

Interesting, I checked into Rosemary oil and according to a number of sources, it can help improve circulation. Makes sense then that it could help out with dark circles (at least to a point) and varicose veins.

I have a messed up section on my calf from being stepped on by a horse. I'm going to have to give the POM oil a try on it!

I know I love to eat it, but I never thought about wearing it Smiley Happy