WEN

Frequent Contributor
Hello my dear Winners! Help!
I'm so looking forward to Chaz's visit - not that I'll actually SEE him, as I'm working. But I want to try the PJP & this visit seems my only chance till October. The CC is a no-brainer but I'm concerned about the notes in the ESP & NBT. Are they heavily floral or are there other scents to temper the sweetness? Any info is appreciated as I'm SO not a floral scent-lover! Thanks!
Trusted Contributor
I would say it is a balanced floral but definitely floral.
Frequent Contributor
I have no idea what a "balanced floral" is. Are there other notes present? Fruit, herbs, etc? I'm trying to get some sense of the structure, as Chaz's scents are never "one-note" but multi-layered. That's why I'm thinking of trying this EDP along with the CC. Unfortunatelg, there is no scent description under the CC & the EDP isn't up yet. Can anyone help?
Trusted Contributor

well basically you emphasized you don't like floral and it is a floral so one has to assume you will not like it. Okay.

yes Chaz fragrances are complex and it is a balanced floral because IMHO it is not sweet.

Esteemed Contributor
@Chefgal411 The PJP EDP is described as a "Lightly floral and delicately sweet . .feminine fragrance. ." on Chaz's website.
Esteemed Contributor

@Chefgal411 wrote:
Hello my dear Winners! Help!
I'm so looking forward to Chaz's visit - not that I'll actually SEE him, as I'm working. But I want to try the PJP & this visit seems my only chance till October. The CC is a no-brainer but I'm concerned about the notes in the ESP & NBT. Are they heavily floral or are there other scents to temper the sweetness? Any info is appreciated as I'm SO not a floral scent-lover! Thanks!

@Chefgal411

To my nose and body chemistry I find this edp to be a rather old fashioned soft powdery rose scent. For a blink of an eye I smelled lemon then, curiously, bubble gum (sweet?) when applying it earlier this evening. Both only lasted a very short time before the soft rose bloomed. I do sense something slightly green below this rose scent yet am unable to determine clearly any other notes as the powder scent is very dominant on me. 

I found the CC to be powdery also yet love the volume and brightening effect it has on my natural highlights. 

SHP and SHL are my two most favorite edp's so far... I can discern and do very much enjoy the complexities in the top, mid and base notes every time I wear these these fabulous scents. 

Frequent Contributor
Thank you so much ladies, and a special shout out to @rochelleS for the detailed description! Very helpful! I'm trying the CC, as I planned, but (woefully) I'm passing on the EDP & NBT. Not for me. Looking forward to the TSV next month & lots of Light! Many thanks again & happy shopping!! 💖💖💖💖
Esteemed Contributor

@Chefgal411 wrote:
Thank you so much ladies, and a special shout out to @rochelleS for the detailed description! Very helpful! I'm trying the CC, as I planned, but (woefully) I'm passing on the EDP & NBT. Not for me. Looking forward to the TSV next month & lots of Light! Many thanks again & happy shopping!! 💖💖💖💖

@Chefgal411

I wish I could send you some of my edp to sample. But since I can't do that here I'd recommend that you and any others check eBay... many sellers broke down the sampler kits into 3 to 10 ml sizes for very reasonable, if not a cheap way to try this and other Wen fragrances. Search for a specific scent or just Wen edp or perfume for everything available. Look for free shipping too. I've picked up alot of new, sealed product without any problems on the bay. 

Enjoy the CC and please share your results too!

Frequent Contributor
@rochelleS
That's a great idea & one I hadn't thought of! I just may do that. I have the EDP in FTP, SHP & Light - but I never have enough! 😉
Can't wait to try the CC! Thanks, Rochelle!
Esteemed Contributor

@Chefgal411

If you do pick up some PJP or any other edp's please do share your thoughts too. Chaz spoke of mixing scents when he offered the sampler kits which BTW are still available. Those little bottles are just too sweet and are great little gifts for special friends. Have a wonderful weekend!