WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Peony Jasmine CC featured price and Chaz's shows

@Drythe wrote:

Just one more thing?   Why did Wenners have to point out the correct price - several times before it was corrected?  ❓

Lol, @Drythe! ^ this and also I like all the questions you've raised. Especially about meaning of life.

I think about those things too. And I worry. Even if it is not this "all-consuming" chilling worry, still the uncertainty bothers me. Even only a thought of a slight possibility of my favorite WEN going bye-bye, or to the vault, or who knows where, but not into my stash and hair. It somewhat scares me, and makes me think - do I have enough of My Favorite Wen to last?

What if I will LOVE this Pink Jasmine Peony, I almost know I will, and I'll have only a few short days from the time I receive it when advance order finally arrives via Q Pony Express towards the very end of month?

And what if PJP will be ALL sold out before the short month of February month ends? Just like SHL was sold out twice. But it had three month long seasonal run, and was restocked, somewhat.

Also, like @cosmic1 said - "The core selection is missing a true floral." I agree. And the Lavender is not "floral" to me either, not mentioning I can't use all that much.

I may expand on @cosmic1 statement and say, that even seasonal line does not have a true floral. Maybe SHL, but the floral scent is well overridden with powdery smell.

All this makes me thinking of ordering like at least three 32 oz of PJP, just in case. Of course, I don't want to until I try it.

Yeah. All this. And, of course, the general meaning of life also. Woman Happy

Super Contributor

maybe because it was the weekend when there is limited staffing on at the Q????

#IamTeamWen
Honored Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

Just one more thing?   Why did Wenners have to point out the correct price - several times before it was corrected?  ❓

Lol, @Drythe! ^ this and also I like all the questions you've raised. Especially about meaning of life.

I think about those things too. And I worry. Even if it is not this "all-consuming" chilling worry, still the uncertainty bothers me. Even only a thought of a slight possibility of my favorite WEN going bye-bye, or to the vault, or who knows where, but not into my stash and hair. It somewhat scares me, and makes me think - do I have enough of My Favorite Wen to last?

What if I will LOVE this Pink Jasmine Peony, I almost know I will, and I'll have only a few short days from the time I receive it when advance order finally arrives via Q Pony Express towards the very end of month?

And what if PJP will be ALL sold out before the short month of February month ends? Just like SHL was sold out twice. But it had three month long seasonal run, and was restocked, somewhat.

Also, like @cosmic1 said - "The core selection is missing a true floral." I agree. And the Lavender is not "floral" to me either, not mentioning I can't use all that much.

I may expand on @cosmic1 statement and say, that even seasonal line does not have a true floral. Maybe SHL, but the floral scent is well overridden with powdery smell.

All this makes me thinking of ordering like at least three 32 oz of PJP, just in case. Of course, I don't want to until I try it.

Yeah. All this. And, of course, the general meaning of life also. Woman Happy

@sonechko, lol, you've described me to a "T'!! Smiley Happy

@cosmic1, You're right that the Classic line doesn't have a proper floral. As much as I love Chaz's lavender scent, I'd never call lavender a floral scent. 

And sonechko, I agree with you that Chaz's florals are all powdery florals (reminiscent of the 1940s scents). While I prefer straight florals, I also like powdery florals (I think that Worth perfume was probably the very first perfume I wore and it's a powdery floral). Since all of Chaz's florals are powdery (even 613, though it's not strictly speaking a floral), I think that this is probably his preference and so that's what we'll probably see with his florals.

It should be interesting to find out what his new Pink Jasmine Peony (PJP) smells like. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I know - it will smell wonderful @bebe777. I am just not quite sure about strong powdery note. I too prefer straight floral, not the old 40s grandma smell.

This is why I like floral pefrume, because I so miss smelling real fresh flowers any time I like. The perfume notes can be masterfully mixed and balanced, but for me - always smelling clean and fresh fragrance is important.

I love "clean" fragrances, where the more whiffs I take the more I want to take, and with each whiff there is another and more complex layer of nature's bouquets...... Ahhhhhh.....

Trusted Contributor

PJP CC doesn't smell powdery to me....it's a light floral scent...at least to my nose Smiley Very Happy

live....laugh....love
Honored Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

I know - it will smell wonderful @bebe777. I am just not quite sure about strong powdery note. I too prefer straight floral, not the old 40s grandma smell.

This is why I like floral pefrume, because I so miss smelling real fresh flowers any time I like. The perfume notes can be masterfully mixed and balanced, but for me - always smelling clean and fresh fragrance is important.

I love "clean" fragrances, where the more whiffs I take the more I want to take, and with each whiff there is another and more complex layer of nature's bouquets...... Ahhhhhh.....

My first perfume was my grandmother's Worth perfume which is a powdery floral scent. That's probably why I have a fondness for powdery scents, even though I prefer straight florals. Smiley Happy

@sonechko, since you like clean scents, how do you like the Bamboo Green Tea scent? It's not a floral but I love its fresh, clean scent. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Oh I love BGT! It is clean "green" smell! I probably would go for WEN BGT EDP.

But I like more - the rightly captured fragrances of Liliy of the Valley, Jasmin, Lilac, Rose, Peony, Narcisses, Violet..........that!

And do not take me wrong @bebe777, old powdery perfumes, facial cremes, and actual face powders, give me very-very fond memories of my grandma too! Heart I love smelling it, and remember.....HeartHeartHeart

Just don't want to wear them now. I prefer today's modern, "young and fresh" fragrances! To make me feel a little younger! And to be reminded of the abundance of fragrance and beauty in Spring and Summer times. Well, I am crazy this way.....Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

Oh I love BGT! It is clean "green" smell! I probably would go for WEN BGT EDP.

But I like more - the rightly captured fragrances of Liliy of the Valley, Jasmin, Lilac, Rose, Peony, Narcisses, Violet..........that!

And do not take me wrong @bebe777, old powdery perfumes, facial cremes, and actual face powders, give me very-very fond memories of my grandma too! Heart I love smelling it, and remember.....HeartHeartHeart

Just don't want to wear them now. I prefer today's modern, "young and fresh" fragrances! To make me feel a little younger! And to be reminded of the abundance of fragrance and beauty in Spring and Summer times. Well, I am crazy this way.....Cat Happy

@sonechko, I love lilly of the valley scent but they are hard to find these days and I haven't found one that I like, Again, my grandmother used to have one. I can sort of remember the bottle and the box that it came in, but I can't remember what it was called. 

I love the narcissus scent as well and Chloe Narcisse is one of my go to perfumes... as is the original Chloe soft peach scent. Smiley Happy

And sonechko, not to worry, I didn't take it the wrong way at all. I love the powdery scents, but I also agree that there's a grandma feeling that comes with them. I'm just lucky that it's a particularly positive association for me.... and I don't think it's a favorite for the younger set. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh @bebe777! I went on the Crusade with total determination, to find me a right Lily of the Valley perfume last year!

I spend countless hours and days looking, only to find out that there are none, or almost none to be made of the level of quality of scent to be true to this flower today!

My research showed me a few vintage ones that were really good at their time, and still are very expensive if found on ebay. I bought a small bottle of vintage C. Dior Diorissimo in EDT, and gave up.

I am so hoping that Chaz would create Lily of the Valley someday!

But I understand, Chaz tends to do fragrances, that he is personally familiar with, and that remind him of his beloved people and places. I think, he is native Southern Californian (?), and chances are does not know, what Wild Lilly of the Valley smells like! And probably, is not attached to it in any way.

This Wild Flower fragrance is unlike anything else in the World! In it's unparalleled Beauty, freshness and level of happiness it brings!

There is nothing like the aroma of a small bouquet of these tender and shy little white "bells" of Spring!

Another thing about the Lily of the Valley Fragrance - it's essense is something super-duper difficult and almost impossible to create in lab, well at least what I learned from my research, this is why there are not actually any good perfume in this scent, available. Not a true Lily of the Valley scent. If anyone knows otherwise, please correct me - I'll go and buy it, if it smells true and has good staying power!

Esteemed Contributor

@bruingirl wrote:

PJP CC doesn't smell powdery to me....it's a light floral scent...at least to my nose Smiley Very Happy

Thanks @bruingirl! This is exactly what I love to hear! Can't wait to receive it!!! Woman HappyHeart