WEN

Contributor

Orange Blossom and how long scent lasts

I had purchased the ODO of the SOB cleaning cream, oil and replenishing mist.  I used the CC and oil last night (used CC as leave-in and put a few drops of oil in the POM styling cream).  This morning I sprayed the RTM and used the oil to smooth my ends.

I cannot smell the SOB unless I stick my nose in my hair and it's very, very faint.  I'm kind of disappointed.  The WVM, SCLV and SMC CC all seem to linger longer and the RTM in all scents seems to stick with me.

Do you think I got a bad batch or something?  The oil isn't a really strong scent just smelling it out of the bottle.  The RTM seemed a normal strength.

I also bought the SHL set and am hoping that scent lasts a while.  I know that the CC alone in that scent doesn't last on me.

I usually use my hair products as my 'scent' as I cannot wear perfumes due to migraines.  So I kind of count on it to smell good!

Respected Contributor

Re: Orange Blossom and how long scent lasts

@ButterflyGirl Scent is soooo subjective! The only WEN I've ever noticed lingering in my hair at all is the Fall Apple Spice, and I hated it!  I really don't like the scents to linger in my hair enough so that I can smell them. I don't think you got a bad batch, though, SOB is a light scent to me, too. Also, you might be surprised at how much other people can smell it, even when you can't. Our noses become "blind" to the fragrances we wear sometimes.

Have you tried rubbbing some of the oil into your pulse points, and then spraying the RTM over it? That might work to give you the scent you want.

Contributor

@vermint wrote:

@ButterflyGirl Scent is soooo subjective! The only WEN I've ever noticed lingering in my hair at all is the Fall Apple Spice, and I hated it!  I really don't like the scents to linger in my hair enough so that I can smell them. I don't think you got a bad batch, though, SOB is a light scent to me, too. Also, you might be surprised at how much other people can smell it, even when you can't. Our noses become "blind" to the fragrances we wear sometimes.

Have you tried rubbbing some of the oil into your pulse points, and then spraying the RTM over it? That might work to give you the scent you want.

FAS was one that I did NOT like to linger!  Awful!

I think I will try the oil on my skin and see if I can smell it that way.  I don't want the scent to be heavy at all, but just a hint.  My nose can usually smell everything (which can be a curse at times) and I was really surprised that I don't even get a whiff of it at all. I buy the seasonals for the scent just as much as the performance on my hair.

Respected Contributor

@vermint wrote:

I agree that we all smell different things. Personally I find the SOB CC and oil to have a very strong scent and when I use it as my leave-in CC it does linger in my hair.

The FAS scent lingered in my hair for days and I hated it but then I've read posts from others who said they were sad that the scent didn't linger! So we all just have different noses and get different scents out of the Wen products.

Trusted Contributor

I don't have an especially sensitive nose, so take this for what it's worth. The only CC I've used that has really lingered in my hair enough for me to smell it all the time is MIF and I couldn't stand it. I cleansed with a mixture of SOB & SHL yesterday and I can't smell it on myself while I have my hair put up in a clip. But at the end of the day when I take it down, I definitely can smell it. So maybe others do catch hints of it during the day, but my nose just ignores it after a while?

One way to make the scent last is to spray some RTM on your clothes.

Honored Contributor

@vermint wrote:

I agree, I've never had a WEN seasonal sent other than Fall Apple Spice linger in my hair. The RTM spray scents and oils don't last more than a few minutes, either. They're not meant to be perfumes.

The oils scents only last if I put them on my scalp because of the heat of the scalp and the hair holding it in. The exact same oil on my arm or wrist will not last.

If you are looking for cleansing conditioner scents that last the way Fall Apple Spice does, try the Rice line. Bamboo Green Tea and Mandarin Italian Fig are much more heavily perfumed and the fragrances do last much longer.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

In my opinion the scent of SOB does linger just a little bit. However, SHL does linger a lot. It is such a strong scent to me that I usually cut the scent by mixing with FF, 613, or 319.

Contributor

This is the first CC that I can't smell on my hair and the RTM I can always smell a hint of it throughout the day with other scents.  Even just using WVM or SMC CC and not RTM or oil, I can smell that on my hair throughout the day.

I don't care for the smell of the rice based or 613 formulas and definitely don't like the FAS!  I guess SOB is just a lighter scent and I was surprised based on my past experience.

Valued Contributor

Received mine  ODO in SOB yesterday. was fresh, oil & mist made in Feb. Cleanser in 2015. Smells consistent, not too strong but strong enough. It smells like my older batches but 'fresher'. Don't use a lot of the SOB because it lingers, more than other scents IMO. My experience with SOB, the smell can be faint out of the bottle but is stronger, lingers a longtime, once it is used. Really, really like the oil. Stronger smell than SHL and its just divine. Fresh, clean citrusy. I've used it several times already. 

Honored Contributor

@ButterflyGirl wrote:

I had purchased the ODO of the SOB cleaning cream, oil and replenishing mist.  I used the CC and oil last night (used CC as leave-in and put a few drops of oil in the POM styling cream).  This morning I sprayed the RTM and used the oil to smooth my ends.

I cannot smell the SOB unless I stick my nose in my hair and it's very, very faint.  I'm kind of disappointed.  The WVM, SCLV and SMC CC all seem to linger longer and the RTM in all scents seems to stick with me.

Do you think I got a bad batch or something?  The oil isn't a really strong scent just smelling it out of the bottle.  The RTM seemed a normal strength.

I also bought the SHL set and am hoping that scent lasts a while.  I know that the CC alone in that scent doesn't last on me.

I usually use my hair products as my 'scent' as I cannot wear perfumes due to migraines.  So I kind of count on it to smell good!

Hi @ButterflyGirl, and welcome to the wenderful Wen forum!!! Smiley Happy

I love the Spring Orange Blossom scent and it's tied with Bamboo Green Tea (BGT) as my favorite scent. Smiley Happy

I have the SOB CC, Oil and Replenishing Treatment Mist (RTM), so this morning I used the Oil and the RTM on my skin. -- I had just cleansed my hair two days ago, so I didn't recleanse my hair.

I put two drops of the Treatment Oil on each of my wrists and I sprayed one of my arms with the RTM four times. I could smell the SOB Oil on my wrists for about three and a half hours, and then it slowly went away. It's been 6-7 hours now, and I can still smell the SOB RTM scent. 

I haven't used the SOB CC to cleanse my hair for a while but, from what I remember, the SOB scent seemed to stay around for longer than other CCs... but, unlike other Wenners, I've never been able to smell the Wen CC scents for that long. lol, and that includes my wenderful Fall Apple Spice (FAS) CC. Smiley Wink

I do cut the SOB CC with an equal part of Bamboo Green Tea (BGT) CC because I find the SOB CC scent to be too strong when I cleanse with it.

-- bebe Smiley Happy