WEN

Respected Contributor

Re: O/T- my 35 year old horse is gone.

I'm sorry for your loss. Even if he wasn't your horse pets are so easy to get attached to and it's hard to say goodbye.

Respected Contributor

Happy Daze, I am so very, very sorry for your loss!  My beloved horses have both been gone for more than 20 years, but I miss them both to this very day.  You have my deepest sympathy!

Valued Contributor

Oh @HappyDaze, I am so sorry for your loss.  My heart breaks for you - I know from experience how hard it is to to have to do that to a beloved pet.  We love our furbabies so much, and they love us unconditionally.  You are in my thoughts.

Respected Contributor

Oh Happydaze I am so sorry....

My niece lost her horse she had for some 20+ years just recently, since she was maybe in Jr High and she is a Mom now...We still do not speak of it to her..

Animals love us back in such a special way, it's hard to go thru losing them...

Will be saying a prayer for you...

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze, I'm so sorry you're hurting and sad.  I am sure that boy loved you as much as you loved him.  Treasure all the memories the two of you shared.  Be well.Heart

I have this painting hanging in my living room.  Ever since I was a little girl, I always wanted a horse.  This is as close as I will ever get.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze my thoughts and prayers are with you. It's just so hard to lose a beloved pet!  You can take comfort in the comfort you gave him till the end. 

Esteemed Contributor

Oh my dear friend I am heartbroken for you.  Couldn't even finish reading your post.   It is so hard when those we love have to leave us.  Even though my dog is gone four years now I find myself thinking of her everyday. My thoughts and prayers are with you.  hugs,

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

I am devastated today ladies. He is not actually my horse but I have been taking care of him and love him with all my heart.  I spent the last 4 hours trying to help my sweet boy stand up as he had fallen and was stuck in mud. I won't go into all the details but we had to let him go, it was time. I held his sweet head in my lap as he took his last breath. I can't imagine not seeing him again. He was such a sweet boy with a wonderful spirit. Sometimes life is just so hard...

I'm really sorry about the loss of your horse, HappyDaze. Smiley Sad

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Valued Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

I am devastated today ladies. He is not actually my horse but I have been taking care of him and love him with all my heart.  I spent the last 4 hours trying to help my sweet boy stand up as he had fallen and was stuck in mud. I won't go into all the details but we had to let him go, it was time. I held his sweet head in my lap as he took his last breath. I can't imagine not seeing him again. He was such a sweet boy with a wonderful spirit. Sometimes life is just so hard...

HappyDaze,

I am so sorry for your loss; you obviously cared for and loved that beautiful horse so very much. I will not pretend to know how you are feeling, but I will offer my condolences to you and tell you your words, "Sometimes life is just so hard..." have never rang so true as they do at this time in my life as well. ☹️

Know you are in my many thoughts and prayers and I am sending you a big bear hug with a shoulder to cry on and an ear that is always there to listen.

~ Nicole 🤗

Regular Contributor

Happydaze:  it so heart wrenching to let go of a beloved animal.  You loved and cared for this wonderful creature, and I'm sure that he was comforted by your last acts of caring.