WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Re: O/T- 3 horses running in the middle of the road in front of my house today

@HappyDaze - so nice you saved that baby! I'm always saving turtles crossing the roads. I pull over as best as I can, put on the flashers, hop out of the car and from there, MOVE REAL FAST!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bebe777 wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@HappyDaze

Where have you been?  Have not seen you around all week.

I come from the land of O'possmus, send him on down. Thanks for being a good Human Bean and lending a hand.  I think that's why we're here.

I wear a St. Frances medal too.  Spent 2 months in Assisi last summer and found an old one I LOVE in a 2nd hand / pawn shop.  THE best place to look for jewelry these days.

Two whole months in Assisi? I'm envious. I haven't been there in a very long time. Was it for work or hopefully for pleasure? Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777  @HappyDaze,

It pleasure!  My stylist owns a tiny flat there and he hates the summer heat and so doesn't go in the summer.  As his children wern't going last summer I got to sub-let it from him.  

Wonderful, just wonderful.  I love taking my wine bottle into the local market and having it filled from the barrel of my choice.  NOT that I did that of course, but I'm saying it would be nice if one did such, but I did not.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

@HappyDaze - so nice you saved that baby! I'm always saving turtles crossing the roads. I pull over as best as I can, put on the flashers, hop out of the car and from there, MOVE REAL FAST!!!!!!!!!

That is awesome, Riley! I love turtles. They are amazing! I am so thankful for all of you that help our innocent animals out and I love hearing everyone's stories!

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@HappyDaze

I come from the land of O'possmus, send him on down. Thanks for being a good Human Bean and lending a hand.  I think that's why we're here.

I wear a St. Frances medal too.  Spent 2 months in Assisi last summer and found an old one I LOVE in a 2nd hand / pawn shop.  THE best place to look for jewelry these days.

Two whole months in Assisi? I'm envious. I haven't been there in a very long time. Was it for work or hopefully for pleasure? Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777  @HappyDaze,

It pleasure!  My stylist owns a tiny flat there and he hates the summer heat and so doesn't go in the summer.  As his children wern't going last summer I got to sub-let it from him.  

Wonderful, just wonderful.  I love taking my wine bottle into the local market and having it filled from the barrel of my choice.  NOT that I did that of course, but I'm saying it would be nice if one did such, but I did not.

Riiiiiiiight!!

Drythe in Assisi ----------->

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze wrote:

@riley1 wrote:

That is awesome, Riley! I love turtles. They are amazing! I am so thankful for all of you that help our innocent animals out and I love hearing everyone's stories!

@riley1

I stop for box turtles too!

One morning I was heading to work and saw one crossing the road. I pulled way off the road, slapped on those flashers, ran back and moved him right off the road.

WHY do people hit them?  It's NOT like they dart right out in the road in front of you.  I mean they're SLOW - go around them.

Well, anyway, as I was getting back in my car a lady in a shinny new Jaguar pulled up beside me and stopped right IN the road, and said "Did you stop to help a turtle?"  I don't know how she knew because there was a big hill in the road right behind us and she couldn't see me.  But, I said "Why, yes I did."  She said, "That's so good, I hate to see one hit."  To which I was fixin' to say, "I do too." when a Mini van crested the hill and whammed right into the back end of the Jag.  Parts flew everywhere.  Did I mention this is a true story?

And it doesn't stop there.  If I'm running late, which I was that day, I have a bad habit of taking my jewelry out to the car and putting it on while I drive.

When I stopped to help the turtle, remember the turtle way back there?, I forgot that I had a brand new Tanzanite pendent and chain, which was a Birthday gift to me a few days before, in my lap as I hadn't finished with the jewelry puttin' on.  Well, when I jumped out of the car to help that poor turtle the necklace fell out some place and with all the confusion of the wreck I didn't notice it was missing until I got to the meeting I was late to and which I was supposed to chair.

@Well, I waited, and I waited all day, wondering about my necklace, but I couldn't just walk out of this meeting.  I finally finished @ 4 that afternoon, and raced back to the scene of the great turtle rescue.

Repeat, pulling over, putting on flashers, etc.  I knew I was in the right spot because there were Jaguar parts still on the road, did I mention no one was hurt in the accident?  Anyway, I walked toward the hill and the setting sun hit on something shinny in the road.  it was my necklace!  It had been right in the middle of this high traffic back road lots of folks use to get to work ALL day. I picked it up and took it home.

The next day I took it to my jeweler to check on, and told him this story.  They know me well there and he actually designed and made the necklace.  I thought oh, no I've done it again because I am bad, bad, bad on jewelry, my dogs and I are always in his shop for one thing or another. He looked it over and said Drythe, I don't know how much luck you have, but you sure used a chunk of it today  'cause there's not a scratch on the stone, or the gold work.

Now you have heard the true box turtle story told Southern style!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@HappyDaze

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777  @HappyDaze,

Riiiiiiiight!!

question... is Assisi a Dry town? jest checking. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@riley1 wrote:

@riley1

I stop for box turtles too!

One morning I was heading to work and saw one crossing the road. I pulled way off the road, slapped on those flashers, ran back and moved him right off the road.

WHY do people hit them?  It's NOT like they dart right out in the road in front of you.  I mean they're SLOW - go around them.

Well, anyway, as I was getting back in my car a lady in a shinny new Jaguar pulled up beside me and stopped right IN the road, and said "Did you stop to help a turtle?"  I don't know how she knew because there was a big hill in the road right behind us and she couldn't see me.  But, I said "Why, yes I did."  She said, "That's so good, I hate to see one hit."  To which I was fixin' to say, "I do too." when a Mini van crested the hill and whammed right into the back of the Jag.  Parts flew everywhere.  Did I mention his is a true story?

And it doesn't stop there.  If I'm running late, which I was that day, I have a bad habit of taking my jewelry out to the car and putting it on while I drive.

When I stopped to help the turtle, remember the turtle way back there?, I forgot that I had a brand new Tanzanite pendent and chain, which was a Birthday gift to me a few days before, in my lap as I hadn't finished with the jewelry puttin' on.  Well, when I jumped out of the car to help that poor turtle the necklace fell out some place and with all the confusion of the wreck I didn't notice it was missing until I got to the meeting I was late to and which I was supposed to chair.

@Well, I waited, and I waited all day, wondering about my necklace, but I couldn't just walk out of this meeting.  I finally finished @ 4 that afternoon, and raced back to the scene of the great turtle rescue.

Repeat, pulling over, putting on flashers, etc.  I knew I was in the right spot because there were Jaguar parts still on the road, did I mention no one was hurt in the accident?  Anyway, I walked toward the hill and the setting sun hit on something shinny in the road.  it was my necklace!  It had been right in the middle of this high traffic back road lots of folks use to get to work ALL day. I picked it up and took it home.

The next day I took it to my jeweler to check on, and told him this story.  They know me well there and he actually designed and made the necklace.  I thought oh, no I've done it again because I am bad, bad, bad on jewelry, my dogs and I are always in his shop for one thing or another. He looked it over and said Drythe, I don't know how much luck you have, but you sure used a chunk of it today  'cause there's not a scratch on the stone, or the gold work.

Now you have heard the true box turtle story told Southern style!

@HappyDaze , oh my gosh... that is an inspirational story!!!! Thank you for sharing it with us!!!

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bebe777 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@HappyDaze

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777  @HappyDaze,

Riiiiiiiight!!

Well, THE place is pretty DRY now!

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze, you were that little possum's Savior.Heart

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Drythe wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@HappyDaze

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777  @HappyDaze,

Riiiiiiiight!!

Well, THE place is pretty DRY now!

@Drythe sounds like you really absorbed everything that Assisi had to offer. btw, are you and @HappyDazejoining us for the Wen midnight chat... I've heard rumors of a drinking game. Smiley Wink