WEN

Regular Contributor

Never Got Fig or Pomegranate. Could Someone Describe The Scents?

I got the Lavender scent of the TSV a few days ago and I love it! The oil definitely has a peppermint scent to it but I do not find it too strong.  I am considering ordering another TSV, so could someone describe the pomegranate and the fig scents and I know that  the oils are a little different than the cleanser so if you could describe that I would appreciate it. And which do you prefer as far as the smell? I am fairly new to Wen and so far love everything I ordered. I already have and love the sweet almond mint and the coconut lime verbena and 613. Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Re: Never Got Fig or Pomegranate. Could Someone Describe The Scents?

Hi & welcome! Stick around, we have fun...and you will learn a ton about WEN just by reading threads here--tips & tricks that don't make it into presentations.

Can't help with the smell of either of those oils, sorry--but I have used both cleansing conditioners. The Fig smells very strong, almost like cough syrup, to me. I didn't like it at all. But if your hair needs lots of moisture (mine didn't) it might be really good for you.

LOVE the smell of Pomegranete! It's fruity, but not too strong. I've also tried the Replenshing Treatment Mist, Styling Creme, Volumizing Treatment Spray and ReMoist in this one, and they all smell pretty much the same to me. It's my favorite "core" formula.

Good luck with whichever you choose!

Trusted Contributor

Welcome to the Wen forum!

The condensed version: if you like sweet, go with POM; if you like earthy, go with Fig. 

To my nose, the POM CC is very sweet, verging on cloyingly sweet. In my first year of using Wen, I used it fairly often and ordered waaaay too much of it. When I realized that other formulas worked much better for me, I made myself try to use up the remainder of the POM. I grew sick of it and in effect "ruined" the formula and the scent for me......I will never order anything else POM scented. In all fairness, I like the POM/Rosemary oil much better than the CC. It's still very sweet, but the rosemary helps balance it out a bit. 

I haven't actually used Fig CC (have a new bottle I'm waiting to open). The scent isn't bad at all, nice and earthy. I really love the FIG/Sweet Orange oil, it's a nice, rich scent that's enhanced by the sweet orange oil. I like it, and so does my guy. 

Keep in mind, the POM CC is considered universal and is soy based (like the SCLV and 613). Fig is wheat based and is touted as the most moisturizing of the core formulas. 

Respected Contributor

Fig smells like cough syrup to me. Pom I was pleasantly surprised by on first trying it. Most tings that say Pomegranate don't have much scent. This Pom is definitely there. You can smell the fruit. It is of course sweeter than Fig. Although they say Fig can be most moisturizing and my old salon used it on me once, I would not buy it. I don't enjoy it at all. 

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Respected Contributor

If you need a moisturizing formula the Fig is probably the formula that you would want to buy.  I really like the scent and performance of POM.  I don't really use it very often but do like it.  I don't really need the extra moisture that Fig provides and still have the one 16 oz of Fig that I got in the December tsv.  It definitely isn't the greatest scent but some Wenners really like it. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@leavesgalore welcome to the Wen forum and the wenderful world of Wen!! Smiley Happy 

I can't help you with the oils because I'll be trying them for the first time with the TSVs.

I'm not a fan of either the POM or FIG CCs, but I can still use them. I'm working my way through my last 16oz. POM CC right now.

POM CC is considered a universal CC because it works for most people. I'm not fond of the scent, but it works well for my hair. It doesn't smell like anything else so I can't really describe it. The scent smells artificial to me. 

Most people agree, that if you want the most moisture for your hair, then FIG CC is the formula to go with. If you have chemically damaged hair or really dry hair, then FIG is a good option. -- Again, I can't really describe the scent. I guess it's sort of melon-like but I'm not a fan of the scent. That said, if it worked for my hair type then I wouldn't have any problem using it. -- It weighs down my thin/fine hair, so it's a no go for me. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

To me, the Fig scent in the cleansing conditioner smells like fig with a whole lot of menthol in it. It's not a great scent but I can tolerate it. I really like the oil. The sweet orange gives it a nice scent.

The POM cleansing conditioner is a little sweet but I love the scent. I can't stand the scent of the oil, though. It's way too sweet. I tried it once and couldn't wait to wash it out of my hair.

Esteemed Contributor

@leavesgalore wrote:

I got the Lavender scent of the TSV a few days ago and I love it! The oil definitely has a peppermint scent to it but I do not find it too strong.  I am considering ordering another TSV, so could someone describe the pomegranate and the fig scents and I know that  the oils are a little different than the cleanser so if you could describe that I would appreciate it. And which do you prefer as far as the smell? I am fairly new to Wen and so far love everything I ordered. I already have and love the sweet almond mint and the coconut lime verbena and 613. Thanks!

OP! Welcome to WWW - World of Wonderful WEN! I will not go into describing/comparing the scents (fragrances) of the FIG and POM.

But if you meant at all a comparison between these two by performance - than I can say POM provides medium level of moisture for most people's hair, when FIG is the Most Moisturizing of all formulas per everyone's reviews.

You also can MIX different scents for the purpose of either - balancing the moisturizing level specifically for your hair needs, or combating the scent (fragrance) you specifically not very fond of. Mix them up!

By-the-way, POM smells very good, slightly fruity to me. I like it! I did not try FIG yet, but ordered FIG TSV for extra moisture for my ends.

Regular Contributor

I'm glad you asked this.  I have wanted to try fig, but was concerned about the scent of the RTM and oil since those products leave a lasting scent.   I was debating trying it by getting the TSV tomorrow.   I got the SAM because I know that I like that scent and formula.

POM is what I usually use in the core formulas  but I do not like the scent of the oil at all.   The rosemary scent is really strong and gives me a headache. The CC smell is nice and light. I won't be getting it in the TSV simply because I can't stand the smell of the oil.

Respected Contributor

@butterflygirl69 wrote:

I'm glad you asked this.  I have wanted to try fig, but was concerned about the scent of the RTM and oil since those products leave a lasting scent.   I was debating trying it by getting the TSV tomorrow.   I got the SAM because I know that I like that scent and formula.

POM is what I usually use in the core formulas  but I do not like the scent of the oil at all.   The rosemary scent is really strong and gives me a headache. The CC smell is nice and light. I won't be getting it in the TSV simply because I can't stand the smell of the oil.

I have never used the Fig rtm or oil either and wouldn't order it since I don't think I would like the oil.  Not sure about the Fig rtm.  I have only used TT and SAM oils in the core formulas since I didn't think I would like any of the others.  I have used many of the seasonal oils and still want to try BGT and 613 oil since I think I would like both of these.