WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: My Hair Loves the Oils!!

[ Edited ]

@sailor moon wrote:

@yisbuff2

carrier oils are better for conditioning ,the length of the hair, by sealing in moisture and keeping extra moisture out. Too much moisture is just as bad as too much protein.

Essential oils, along with the massaging action, stimulate the scalp by increasing blood flow, which theoretically helps with hair growth. EOs are used in aromatherapy, also.

@yisbuff2 additionally, Hilary's great Benefits of Oils thread has a lot of great information expecially on the Classic line of Wen Treatment Oils: Sweet Almond MInt (SAM), Tea Tree (TT), Fig (FIG), Lavender (LAV), Cucumber Aloe (CA) and Pomegranate (POM). -- I've moved the thread up for easy access. Smiley Happy

Her initial message has a lot of information about the active ingredients in each Treatment Oil in the Classic line. Just click on the Benefits of Oils link to go to her initial message.

Additionally, message #14 includes a lot of excellent information (it is a compilation of some messages that seem to have gotten lost in the transition to the new forum structure). Messages #10, #23, and #51 also have good information. 

There is information about the Summer Honey Peach oil in messages #50 and #60. 

Message #137, describes the positive healthy hair benefits that one of Chaz's client named Faith has gotten from doing overnight scalp treatments with the Treatment Oils for the past two years.

From message #60 on there are are a number of clusters of helpful information: 

* #69 - #84 

* #87 - #89 

* #101 - #107 

* #131 - #132 

As I mentioned before, somehow a number of messages have been lost in the transition to the June 15th new forum structure. This is such a shame becasue I know that Hillary has put together a number of posts on a number of the other treatment oils (including Seasonal oils). 

-- bebe Smiley Happy  Wen FAQ - Wen 101 - New Wen products & special values - Wen Quick Links Wen News - periscope - QVC WEN forum - October Chat 2015 -- Wen Abbreviations Glossary -- 10/16 - 10/20 wen shows & hits per Dooters - 

P.S. FYI, @Hilary77, as you've probably noticed, these days you can modify the initial post in each thread, so you can always add new info to your first message in this thread... hint, hint, hint... Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@yisbuff2 wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

@yisbuff2 wrote:

@sailor_moon thanks for the explaination! I was going to look it up and you saved me the effort. That makes sense. I think I'm going to have to try different ones (no oils yet). I have fine hair so I know the wrong moisture is bad news bears.Robot Embarassed

@yisbuff2 I've just picked up my September 5th TSVs so I haven't had the opportunity to try the oils yet. 

I have baby fine, very porous hair. Recently, on periscope, Chaz mentioned that he uses 2 pumps of Styling Creme (SC) on his hair, and 3 pumps of SC when he wants it to be more curly. 

A few weekends back, when I didn't care how my hiar looked, I finally mustered up the courage to put 2 pumps of SC in my hair. I just knew it would weigh my hair down... but it didn't. It definately helped tame my frizz factor. -- I haven't had the courage to go the three pump route but it's up on the experiment board. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777 ooooh that is intriguing! It took me a month to even use a whole pump for the same reason! LOL! I don't have anywhere to be tomorrow so I will try it. Why not? If I look like I'm trying to move through a narrow pipe head first via grease slippage it won't matter. Smiley Happy However, as always happens with Chaz, it will probably just look fabulous and I will learn trust.

@yisbuff2 my hair never goes near a hair dryer, but shampoo had so damaged my hair that, when I first started using Wen five years ago, using more that 1/4 pump of Styling Creme would weigh my hair down. 

So it too 1-2 years before I could get up to 1/2 and then finally a whole pump. 

The fact that I can essentially slather SC freely on my wet hair now, without worrying that it will weigh my hair down, is a testament to how much Wen has improved my overall hair quality. 

Thank you, Chaz!!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@yisbuff2 wrote:

One more thing @bebe777 - today my hairdresser suggested only drying to 80% to reduce frizz. I think you might air dry, but if not then I figured I'd pass that wisdom along.

@yisbuff2 lol, hair dryers have not gone near my hair in probably 30 years. 

On periscope, Chaz mentioned that he air dries his hair whenever possible. lol, that's all I needed to hear from Chaz. Smiley Happy

These days I use a portable fan to dry my hair and it only takes 4-6 minutes to dry my hair. I juzz the roots and scrunch my hair as it dries, and I'm able to use both hands to help style my drying hair.

It's really low tech but it works really well. Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@yisbuff2 wrote:

One more thing @bebe777 - today my hairdresser suggested only drying to 80% to reduce frizz. I think you might air dry, but if not then I figured I'd pass that wisdom along.

On periscope, Chaz mentioned that he air dries his hair whenever possible. lol, that's all I needed to hear from Chaz. Smiley Happy

These days I use a portable fan to dry my hair and it only takes 4-6 minutes to dry my hair. I juzz the roots and scrunch my hair as it dries, and I'm able to use both hands to help style my drying hair.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777 low tech is awesome! Part of why I got bangs today is to experiment with drying my hair differently. If everything else fails I can smooth the bangs and put the rest up. Hopefully as my hair gets more Wenderful air drying with be the default.

Respected Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@yisbuff2 wrote:

@sailor_moon thanks for the explaination! I was going to look it up and you saved me the effort. That makes sense. I think I'm going to have to try different ones (no oils yet). I have fine hair so I know the wrong moisture is bad news bears.Robot Embarassed

@yisbuff2 I've just picked up my September 5th TSVs so I haven't had the opportunity to try the oils yet. 

I have baby fine, very porous hair. Recently, on periscope, Chaz mentioned that he uses 2 pumps of Styling Creme (SC) on his hair, and 3 pumps of SC when he wants it to be more curly. 

A few weekends back, when I didn't care how my hiar looked, I finally mustered up the courage to put 2 pumps of SC in my hair. I just knew it would weigh my hair down... but it didn't. It definately helped tame my frizz factor. -- I haven't had the courage to go the three pump route but it's up on the experiment board. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777 You'll have to report back on your experience with then Wen oils once you do your first treatment. Cat Happy

Interesting about the SC. My hair is still pretty thin and fine so I've always been afraid of adding too much SC. I was watching the video for the September TSV and realized that the recommendation for my hair length is much more than what I've been using. I guess I'll try using more. If it's too much I can always just have a ponytail day. Cat Tongue

Respected Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@yisbuff2 wrote:

-- bebe Smiley Happy

I've been using a hair dryer for years but for the past couple of months I've been air drying my hair. It does take several hours for my hair to dry completely but I guess it doesn't really matter if I'm working at home and not going anywhere. Cat Happy

Respected Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@Hilary77 wrote:

I have been comparing the ingredients in the cleansing conditioners. It seems that my hair loves the cc's with lots of oils in the ingredient deck. Bamboo green tea works great on my hair. It has lots of oil in the ingredients. My hair also responds well to overnight oil treatments. Love the oils!!

@Hilary77 you're always great at looking through the ingredients decks... so what have you found... which CCs are oil intensive? Does Bamboo Green Tea (BGT) have more oils in it than Mandarin Italian Fig (MIF)?

lol, you know I want details!! Smiley Wink 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Yes, BGT has a lot more oils than MIF. I think BGT and 613 have the most oils.

Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!