WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: My Hair Loves the Oils!!

@Hilary77 wrote:

I have been comparing the ingredients in the cleansing conditioners. It seems that my hair loves the cc's with lots of oils in the ingredient deck. Bamboo green tea works great on my hair. It has lots of oil in the ingredients. My hair also responds well to overnight oil treatments. Love the oils!!

@Hilary77 you're always great at looking through the ingredients decks... so what have you found... which CCs are oil intensive? Does Bamboo Green Tea (BGT) have more oils in it than Mandarin Italian Fig (MIF)?

lol, you know I want details!! Smiley Wink 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@nikki48 wrote:

My hair tends to thin wherever I place my part so TT oils have always been the remedy. I read somewhere on here (or heard Chaz say) that POM oil is supposed to be even better for growing your hair out. 

I wonder if I can adjust my TSV AD to POM for one shipment only. 

@nikki48 that was probably from me. Chaz mentioned it in his periscope videos on two occasions. I picked up a POM TSV because of that. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Hilary77 wrote:

I have been comparing the ingredients in the cleansing conditioners. It seems that my hair loves the cc's with lots of oils in the ingredient deck. Bamboo green tea works great on my hair. It has lots of oil in the ingredients. My hair also responds well to overnight oil treatments. Love the oils!!

Smiley Happy I love the oils too!!!

live....laugh....love
Trusted Contributor

BGT doesn't work for my hair because my hair responds better to carrier oils than essential oils.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Trusted Contributor

@sailor_moon now I have two different terms to look up and explore! I figure the distinction between the two matters. I can learn more in the oils threads I imagine!

Trusted Contributor

@yisbuff2

carrier oils are better for conditioning ,the length of the hair, by sealing in moisture and keeping extra moisture out. Too much moisture is just as bad as too much protein.

Essential oils, along with the massaging action, stimulate the scalp by increasing blood flow, which theoretically helps with hair growth. EOs are used in aromatherapy, also.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Trusted Contributor

@sailor_moon thanks for the explaination! I was going to look it up and you saved me the effort. That makes sense. I think I'm going to have to try different ones (no oils yet). I have fine hair so I know the wrong moisture is bad news bears.Robot Embarassed

Honored Contributor

@yisbuff2 wrote:

@sailor_moon thanks for the explaination! I was going to look it up and you saved me the effort. That makes sense. I think I'm going to have to try different ones (no oils yet). I have fine hair so I know the wrong moisture is bad news bears.Robot Embarassed

@yisbuff2 I've just picked up my September 5th TSVs so I haven't had the opportunity to try the oils yet. 

I have baby fine, very porous hair. Recently, on periscope, Chaz mentioned that he uses 2 pumps of Styling Creme (SC) on his hair, and 3 pumps of SC when he wants it to be more curly. 

A few weekends back, when I didn't care how my hiar looked, I finally mustered up the courage to put 2 pumps of SC in my hair. I just knew it would weigh my hair down... but it didn't. It definately helped tame my frizz factor. -- I haven't had the courage to go the three pump route but it's up on the experiment board. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@yisbuff2 wrote:

@yisbuff2 I've just picked up my September 5th TSVs so I haven't had the opportunity to try the oils yet. 

I have baby fine, very porous hair. Recently, on periscope, Chaz mentioned that he uses 2 pumps of Styling Creme (SC) on his hair, and 3 pumps of SC when he wants it to be more curly. 

A few weekends back, when I didn't care how my hiar looked, I finally mustered up the courage to put 2 pumps of SC in my hair. I just knew it would weigh my hair down... but it didn't. It definately helped tame my frizz factor. -- I haven't had the courage to go the three pump route but it's up on the experiment board. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777 ooooh that is intriguing! It took me a month to even use a whole pump for the same reason! LOL! I don't have anywhere to be tomorrow so I will try it. Why not? If I look like I'm trying to move through a narrow pipe head first via grease slippage it won't matter. Smiley Happy However, as always happens with Chaz, it will probably just look fabulous and I will learn trust.

Trusted Contributor

One more thing @bebe777 - today my hairdresser suggested only drying to 80% to reduce frizz. I think you might air dry, but if not then I figured I'd pass that wisdom along.