WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: My First Experience with FAS

@jazzbabe It is day three and I've just been through a spin class and weight training plus it's still raining and my curls are still pretty good.  I can not believe it.  I have to highly recommend this and I may be forced to hoard as soon as my next few paychecks roll in.  The scent has really disappated and it does smell like coffee like my coworker said if I smell my hair now.  Maybe that's a function of FAS plus my Fig sc/rtm and Lav oil but it's not obnoxious anymore like it was for the first day and a half.

If you have curls, what they say is absolutely true.  So far it is the best wen I've ever tried.  I'm glad I heard CD say it and gave it a try.  

Thank you all for the suggestions on getting through the smell.  I'll definitely have to try them.

Honored Contributor

BTW, this was my night last night.  I shut myself in the bathroom and uncapped FAS to become a POFAS (Prisoner of FAS).  I thought some desensitization therapy might help.  If Navy Seals can do it, then so can I.    I lasted 30-45 seconds before I crawled out gasping for cleaner air but I plan to work my way up for a full wash repeat cycle.  I almost wonder if it's the awful smell that keeps the fabulous curl in your hair.

Just some full disclosure in case anyone is also going to join my joy and be a first timer to FAS.    

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had the unfortunate timing of trying FAS hours before I experienced my first attack of vertigo. I was not prepared for the overpowering scent to linger the way it did.

The vertigo was so bad that I could barely walk for two days and I was constantly nauseous from the dizziness. So for two days, I was stuck in bed, room spinning, with a nauseating cloud of FAS scent literally hanging over my head. Since I couldn't stand up for very long, I couldn't even try to wash it out. It permeated my clothes, my bedding and my pillow. I could not escape the scent and it was not helping my nausea.

I can say, though, while I lay in bed in a dizzy, nauseous FAS fog, my hair looked fantastic! It never had and never since, looked that good. The formula is fantastic, but even if FAS could spin straw into gold,  I would never use it again.

Luckily, I have had much better experience with other seasonals. So glad that Chaz has such a wide variety of offerings. Something for everyone! 😊

Super Contributor

that was funny!!  don't have time to read through all the comments, but I have to say that I wasn't a fan of the scent at first but now it's one of my favorites.  I'm sad to see it being retired.  Smiley Sad

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
-Walt Disney
Honored Contributor

Retired?  I finally find my hair's true love after 40 years and CD is planning on taking it away from me?  I think NOT!  I am in intense aromatherapy training to get me through the wash and early style and you tell me it is all for naught?  

If my fabulous curl results continue, I don't care if I have to hop a plane and become a ninja at his salon, I will have my FAS!  Either that or he makes it again with a better fragrance.  RIP FAS will not happen!  Word to the Maple!        

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

BTW, this was my night last night.  I shut myself in the bathroom and uncapped FAS to become a POFAS (Prisoner of FAS).  I thought some desensitization therapy might help.  If Navy Seals can do it, then so can I.    I lasted 30-45 seconds before I crawled out gasping for cleaner air but I plan to work my way up for a full wash repeat cycle.  I almost wonder if it's the awful smell that keeps the fabulous curl in your hair.

Just some full disclosure in case anyone is also going to join my joy and be a first timer to FAS.    

I'm amazed that you lasted that long! Good luck learning to tolerate the FAS scent. Cat Tongue

Respected Contributor

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

I had the unfortunate timing of trying FAS hours before I experienced my first attack of vertigo. I was not prepared for the overpowering scent to linger the way it did.

The vertigo was so bad that I could barely walk for two days and I was constantly nauseous from the dizziness. So for two days, I was stuck in bed, room spinning, with a nauseating cloud of FAS scent literally hanging over my head. Since I couldn't stand up for very long, I couldn't even try to wash it out. It permeated my clothes, my bedding and my pillow. I could not escape the scent and it was not helping my nausea.

I can say, though, while I lay in bed in a dizzy, nauseous FAS fog, my hair looked fantastic! It never had and never since, looked that good. The formula is fantastic, but even if FAS could spin straw into gold, would I use it again.

Luckily, I have had much better experience with other seasonals. So glad that Chaz has such a wide variety of offerings. Something for everyone! 😊

@Maltichonmom17 That sounds almost like a horror movie - stuck in a haze of FAS. Cat Surprised I agree with you, though. I had a great hair day the one time I tried FAS. I just couldn't get past the scent and the way it was clinging to everything around it.

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

Retired?  I finally find my hair's true love after 40 years and CD is planning on taking it away from me?  I think NOT!  I am in intense aromatherapy training to get me through the wash and early style and you tell me it is all for naught?  

If my fabulous curl results continue, I don't care if I have to hop a plane and become a ninja at his salon, I will have my FAS!  Either that or he makes it again with a better fragrance.  RIP FAS will not happen!  Word to the Maple!        

@Laura14 Yes, I think there was another thread where someone said they heard Chaz say that FAS is going to be retired. Better get that jumbo jet and empty QVC's warehouse! Cat Wink

Honored Contributor

@HSB1204  Then I'm throwing the gauntlet down.  He changes his mind or I reserve the right to leave an unopened bottle of FAS in his salons both in Hollywood and NYC every day overnight for a year.  I will also take a set tour of QVC and make FAS my little friend as stroll on through probably during ITKWD tapings to overpower his lovely food aromas.  They can either keep making it and shipping it to me or they can smell on a daily basis the death of my new wonderful curls.  I will not go down without a fight!

Honored Contributor

I personally love FAS! I do love strong scents.  I'm a wavy/curly girl, too and my hair loves it. Scent is so personal, though...what one person loves, the next one hates. I stocked up knowing it's going to be retired...maybe because it isn't as loved as other scents, but that's okay.  I'm sure Chaz's creative juices aren't slowing down anytime soon.  Something fabulous will replace it, I'm sure.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.