WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: My First Experience with FAS

I swear this just happened.  

I just had a coworker from a different location stop by to see me on his off day.  He came into my office to hug me hello and I braced for his dead weight knowing he will inevitably pass out in my arms.  I am thinking to myself I can't wait to fill out the workers comp papers on this one and explain it to HR.

He draws back with a weird look on his face and I wait for it.  He says "You smell good." My mouth drops.   "What did you just say?"  He takes my hair and smells it and says, "You smell like a latte.  Coffee creamer."  I told him it's called FAS.  He says, "Yeah you smell like Fall."  

This just confirms the age old theory that men really do need our help.  But I'll take the compliment. It's the first one I've gotten outside of a family member in my year and half of using wen.  Really FAS?  Really?  

Honored Contributor

Woo hoo!  My TSV Sam is delivered.  I have never tried Sam before either.  Here's hoping the scent is more pleasant.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Laura14 These are the most hilarious posts I've read in ages. You are a hoot! I am both happy and sorry for you. May your trip to the bog of eternal stench, but perfect hair, yield many more compliments from others. Hey - maybe people drawn to the scent of hot garbage are the best people! Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

@yisbuff2. Thanks! I did think of becoming an extra for the walking dead but my hair still looks too good.
Respected Contributor

I cannot abide FAS. It made me sick to smell it and, yes, it lingers. I had a lot to use up and I found that if I mixed it with 613, that helped to cover the scent. Also, I would only use it for the first cleanse. That way, my hair got some benefits and I didn't suffer as much.
Valued Contributor

@Laura14 - You are too funny!!

Valued Contributor

@Laura14, you are too funny but you also are scaring me.  I've been afraid to try FAS due to all the negative comments regarding the scent.  However, when I heard Chaz say it is great for curly girls I thought I should be brave and break out the FAS that is in my stash.  This is a real conumdrum for me.  I am very sensitive to scents so now I'm worried that this will be my HG - could it actually surpass SHP - but the smell will make me sick to my stomach.  

BTW, I must say that keeping the co-workers from darkening my door may be a real benefit if I can stomach it-lol.  

What is a curly girl to do?   

Valued Contributor

@jazzbabe wrote:

@Laura14, you are too funny but you also are scaring me.  I've been afraid to try FAS due to all the negative comments regarding the scent.  However, when I heard Chaz say it is great for curly girls I thought I should be brave and break out the FAS that is in my stash.  This is a real conumdrum for me.  I am very sensitive to scents so now I'm worried that this will be my HG - could it actually surpass SHP - but the smell will make me sick to my stomach.  

BTW, I must say that keeping the co-workers from darkening my door may be a real benefit if I can stomach it-lol.  

What is a curly girl to do?   

If you have one in your stash, you should probably break it out and give it a whirl.  BUT if you are sensitive to scents, you might want to leave this one stashed. It's a sweet maple scent. You could mix 2/3 6/13 and 1/3 FAS to see how it works for you, then increase the amount based on how you react to it.  Good luck!

**Suz**
Respected Contributor

Very funny post  Laura...but I am a huge FAS lover!...it does to my hair , well just magic!...and I am lucky also as scents don't linger on my hair, even if I want them too!  Plus FAS is a great mixer with my BGT....

Send it all too me folks...Smiley Happy

Contributor

I am a fan of FAS. I like the performance and the smell too. At first like many other wenners I thought maple scent was overpowering. I happened to have the Kids apple CC so I mixed them together for my 2nd cleanse. It smelled more apple, less maple to me. Maybe give that a try to see if it would be more tolerable for you.