WEN

Respected Contributor

Re: More WEN ( FAS) in the private access sale 11/21

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

You will all be shocked to hear I got 2 of the FAS 32oz CC with 4 oz oil. 😂 I was going to order 2 more oils from Chaz' website but for another $30 I got (2) 32 oz CC's. Even Chaz' sale can't beat $15 for 32oz. The 16oz is $20 on his site. Yeah me!! Thanks so much for the heads up on this sale. Never rec'd an email. 

@AmericanBulldogMom Sounds like you're building up quite a FAS stash but you might as well stock up if you like it and especially at these prices! Cat Happy

@HSB1204 You aren't kidding about my FAS stash!😳 The rumors of it being discontinued leave me in a state of panick. Lol! Lets  just say if it's not discontinued (and I hope its not) I could supply many on this board for quite some time - but make no mistake - I am not offering to share my FAS stash though!😂😂😂😂 I also just started mixing my 319 NBT with the oils so I knew I needed a couple more bottles. This sale was perfect timing. 

@AmericanBulldogMom Yeah, I guess we don't know what Chaz is going to do with the seasonals going forward since he keeps adding new one. Hopefully FAS will still be available for those that love it. My favorite is SMC and I think that's the one that won't be available on QVC next summer, but I'd be stocking up too if I wasn't sure if/when it would be back!

If you need help using up your FAS stash I'm sure there are plenty of FAS lovers who will volunteer to come raid your home. Cat Very Happy

Super Contributor

thanks I heard about this on periscope but did not watch until this morning.  Hopefully there will be some left when I get home tonight to order.  I want 1 BGT oil and remoist and 1 MIF oil and remoist.

Valued Contributor

I love FAS too @AmericanBulldogMom! I ordered one of each of the FAS sets. Max (my kitty) is obsessed with the smell of it. He actually ended up with my last bottle of FAS oil! Happy Max, sad mama! 😺😢 Now we can both have a bottle of oil! I have some FAS CC tucked away, but I do love the formula and fragrance so having another bottle will certainly get used up in our house. 😊

Honored Contributor

@Nicole WI essential oils are not safe for use on cats. Their livers can't process them and it can cause liver damage and death. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

Ordered MIF remoist and oil.  Wanted the BGT but did not have any.  Guess they sold out of it.

Valued Contributor

Oh my gosh! Really @JaxsMom!?!?!? 😧 I had checked with out vet and he had said as long as I was not putting the teas tree oil on his back and not putting it in places he is licking right after applied I was fine using them on Max. I used it mainly from below the base of his neck on his spine down to just above the base of his tail. His skin there during fall and winder seems to dry out a bit and flakes once in a while. 

I did have him into the vet shortly before November 3, 2016 because he had some very bad stomach issues that pretty much made me think I forgot I gave birth and had an infant with severe diarrhea.

They did a lot of tests on him and he had colitis. They treated it with a course of metronidazole orally and gave him some fluids while there to help him along and within 48 hours he was on the mend! 👏🏻 They did check his kidney function (I actually am looking at the bill 💰 now with his bold work on page 2) his kidney function is normal. His food is one the vet asked us to feed him by Royal Canin because he does have a tendency to become stressed if there is change in his routine, so last year when I left to care for my mom there were thing I could not be here to do with him and eventually it just took a toll on him seeing me for 2-3 days every 3-4 weeks. 😿 (It took its toll on me as well. 😥 ) The food is extremely helpful, quite expensive, but really does make a difference when his routine is interrupted and saves everyone the worry something is wrong with him because his tummy is upset. He must have got that from me, lol, my stomach reacts quite poorly to stress.

Thank you so much for bring this to my attention, I will definitely be taking this up with out vet straight away tomorrow morning and also consulting with the emergency on call vet for a second opinion. I would never do anything to intentionally endanger Max's health. We love him like a child and there is nothing we would not do for him to ensure he is as healthy as possible. He was a high risk breed for a heart issue, so we had his genetic testing done to see if he carried the gene for it to be sure if he did carry the gene we were doing everything in our power to prevent an untimely death. We were blessed that he did not carry the gene that caused the heart issue. 🙏🏻

I have to say, I am feeling quite miffed right now at our vet without even speaking to him! 😒 In fact, in the event the ER vet happens to agree with our regular vet I will also seek out information from Max's breeder, she is an absolute fountain of wisdom and had I checked with her first she may have told me what you are to begin with. 😔

Thank you again @jaxs mom, I really appreciate you letting me know about this danger. Please know, there is nothing I would we would ever do to harm Max in anyway. I thought I had done enough consulting with his vet and clearly I should have done more research. Thank you again, you will never know how much I appreciate your post. 

Sending you hugs and love,

Nicole & Max 🐾

Honored Contributor

@Nicole WI I'm sorry about the colitis. I'm sure you wouldn't intentionally do anything to harm your cat. Unless there is a high exposure rate the problem is one that is cumulative.    I just want people to be aware of the risk. 

Valued Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@Nicole WI I'm sorry about the colitis. I'm sure you wouldn't intentionally do anything to harm your cat. Unless there is a high exposure rate the problem is one that is cumulative.    I just want people to be aware of the risk. 

@jaxs mom, I am sorry, things got busy with Thanksgiving and I did not get back to the forum as quickly as I had planned on.

You know I honestly don't feel like I got a straight answer from with either Max's regular vet or the ER vet. Now the breeder gave me a specific chart with types of oil and how they are toxic to cats (for example: ingested internally, transdermal, and/or inhaled) and it is honestly so complex I just don't feel good about applying oils to Max after doing a lot of research on my own. 😕

I am not saying that essential oils have no uses in regards to cats, I just don't feel like for myself that I have enough information to say that overtime I may not harm Max. I am not a veterinarian and do not have the ability to monitor Max's internal organs in a way that they should be to be sure they are functioning properly overtime.

Max is healthy, other than the colitis that seems to be caused by a change in his daily routine he has had, well we began a schedule with him at 12 weeks old and as he got older it has been adjusted slightly. His colitis is managed well with his food unless of course he becomes ill with a stomach virus or bacterial overgrowth in his stomach. 

I am grateful to @jaxs mom for bringing this issue to my attention. 💐 I also would like to say I am not in anyway saying what I have decided for Max is right for everyone. I have made this choice for Max based on my ability to monitor his internal health. I am not in anyway saying anything negative about WEN treatment oils and I will continue to use them on myself. If I ever have more definitive information that I am able to use any oils on Max without harming him, I would do so. At this point I do not have enough information to do so. 🐾💕

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nicole WI I completely understand. I don't want to take the risk with my cats either. I don't do oil treatments overnight because some of my cats sleep in bed with me. But I still do them, just during the day where they can't lay by my head. I also don't spray things near them and I won't use an essential oil diffuser, as much I like those. For myself, I just don't see the possible benefits being high enough to take the risk. 

Respected Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

You will all be shocked to hear I got 2 of the FAS 32oz CC with 4 oz oil. 😂 I was going to order 2 more oils from Chaz' website but for another $30 I got (2) 32 oz CC's. Even Chaz' sale can't beat $15 for 32oz. The 16oz is $20 on his site. Yeah me!! Thanks so much for the heads up on this sale. Never rec'd an email. 

@AmericanBulldogMom Sounds like you're building up quite a FAS stash but you might as well stock up if you like it and especially at these prices! Cat Happy

@HSB1204 You aren't kidding about my FAS stash!😳 The rumors of it being discontinued leave me in a state of panick. Lol! Lets  just say if it's not discontinued (and I hope its not) I could supply many on this board for quite some time - but make no mistake - I am not offering to share my FAS stash though!😂😂😂😂 I also just started mixing my 319 NBT with the oils so I knew I needed a couple more bottles. This sale was perfect timing. 

@AmericanBulldogMom Yeah, I guess we don't know what Chaz is going to do with the seasonals going forward since he keeps adding new one. Hopefully FAS will still be available for those that love it. My favorite is SMC and I think that's the one that won't be available on QVC next summer, but I'd be stocking up too if I wasn't sure if/when it would be back!

If you need help using up your FAS stash I'm sure there are plenty of FAS lovers who will volunteer to come raid your home. Cat Very Happy

I would also stock up on SMC if it is the summer seasonal that will be retired.  Especially since I don't have any in my summer seasonal stash but I still like it.  It  was one of my first orders of Wen and I was very happy with my first order of SAM and SMC.  Both of these worked great on my hair type and I like both of these formulas.