WEN

Valued Contributor

Re: More WEN ( FAS) in the private access sale 11/21

@HSB1204 wrote:

@Nicole WIIt's funny how each breed/cat has their own personality but how can you not love that? One of my cats (the super active one) is very clingy. When I'm working at home she wants to sit on the chair next to me and participate in calls. She's very talkative and constantly has to be involved with what you're doing. My cats don't mind being home alone all day but that rarely happens these days since my husband works from home and I do on most days too. We always joke about how the kitties want us to get out of the house so that they can have their secret parties. Cat Tongue

It must be rough for Max if he gets upset if you're gone for more than 8 hours. Do you think maybe getting him a friend like you talked about would help? Maybe that would keep him entertained?

Haha. I don't have eyes at 5:00am so I'm not sure I could get up that early to check the food and water. Cat Embarassed We have one of those food and water bowls that you can fill up and it dispenses more when the bowl is empty. Thankfully my kitties can control their food and water so they just eat/drink a little here and there. If they wanted to eat everything in the bowl there's no way I'd give them this option.

@HSB1204 It is so funny, one of Max's siblings was adopted by someone close by us and we went to meet him one day with Max when they were very young. You could tell how similar they were in certain areas, but the actual character of each of them was very different! Like people, they are all different and that is why we love them! ❤️🐾

We have been discussing this idea of a second half sibling for Max for a while now. During the winter months Max's grandpa & grandma retreat to Florida after the holidays until spring (winters here are not really easy on people with any severe heath issues). So basically from shortly after New Years until late May to mid April when they return we really have to stick closer to home. I am not saying a second kitty would eliminate the issue of Max not dealing with both of us being gone at once completely, but I guess like you mentioned, I am hoping they could entertain and keep each other company so the times we are away are not so stressful... 🙏🏻

Max is a free feeding kitty too! I can't remember when he last finished a whole 3/4 cup of food in 24 hours. He seriously just wakes me up and we walk to his room, I say, "Silly Max, you have breakfast and water." Then he purrs and begins by drinking his water and I head back to bed. Maybe it was something I did with him as a kitten getting used to him walking to his room? It is on the other side of the house from ours so I am guessing that was how that all began and here we are 7.5 years later! LOL... I have seen what you mean by cats who won't stop eating until their bowl is empty!!! The eat until they physical are sick and vomiting! Can you imagine if Max ate more than he does?!? He is long and muscular, but let's face it 33.5 lbs is heavy for a cat that goes limp when you pick him up! Not as big as his daddy, but Max did pass up his mama before she passed away.

Your kitties sound like they are so cute and funny! I would love to see how they interact with each other! Oh your talkative kitty and Max better not meet! Max likes to call people at 4AM on my cellphone and give people heart attacks! We put Max and your talkative little kitty together and I don't want to imagine the trouble they could cause! 🙀😹