WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mandarin Italian Fig Texturizing Treatment Spray

@Rosiebudsmom wrote:
I love MIF. How do you use it?

@Rosiebudsmom

I went over to Chaz's site, (chazdean.com) looked under MIF and it appears that this is a spray and scrunch product according to the directions.

Esteemed Contributor

Ladies, am I correct in assuming that this volumizing spray is or will be different than the beachy wave salt spray that's been discussed and in the works?

What do you suppose is the difference? 

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

Ladies, am I correct in assuming that this volumizing spray is or will be different than the beachy wave salt spray that's been discussed and in the works?

What do you suppose is the difference? 

@rochelleS Based on the description on Chaz's site this appears to be the beachy wave spray. It says it's "designed to create soft, naturally tousled styles that enhance the look of straight, wavy and curly hair".

Trusted Contributor

I was really looking forward to this debut but anticipated more of a beachy/ summer scent for a beach wave/texturizing product. 

Interesting that it is MIF.  Hmm...

Might just wait for BGT.

Trusted Contributor

I would get this in BGT . Love that scent. I never tried MIF. What does that smell like?

Esteemed Contributor

@HSB1204

Much thanks for clarifying that this is the one and same product.

I'm looking forward to seeing it 

demo'd. I'd love to have a tousled look without my pj's on.

Love the fresh MIF scent. It can be dominating and lasts in my hair, at least the current products available that I use. I tend to think the BGT will compliment the underlying CC'S nicely. I'm in!

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@HSB1204

Much thanks for clarifying that this is the one and same product.

I'm looking forward to seeing it 

demo'd. I'd love to have a tousled look without my pj's on.

Love the fresh MIF scent. It can be dominating and lasts in my hair, at least the current products available that I use. I tend to think the BGT will compliment the underlying CC'S nicely. I'm in!

@rochelleS Yes, I'm looking forward to seeing the presentation for this product as well. My hair is fairly straight although it's starting to get a little waving but I can never actually get them to stay so I always end up just combing through my hair and making it as straight as I can get it. If I can get some half decent waves in my hair with the texturizing spray I'm in!

I'm not really a fan of the MIF scent and it's so strong that it seems to linger in my hair so I think I'll wait until it's available in BGT. In the meantime I'll just read reviews and see how it works for everyone else. Cat Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@HSB1204

Have you tried mixing MIF with BGT? It's a pleasant combo that definitely tempers the dominant MIF. Or any other CC's for that matter with MIF that have worked for you? I like the results I get with MIF alot and most often use it solo. I see some amazing dimension in my hair color with this CC. 

I've been kind of re thinking about this MIF texturing spray with the spring and summer scented CC's and it may just work or possibly compliment a few of them. I'm thinking of CLV, SHL, PJP, SGGT, maybe SHP...

I'm going to add a little MIF with those and experiment with the scent combos. Hopefully by the time the spray arrives I'll have an opinion about the layering of these. I see that the spray can be used with wet or dry hair. I have a mini mission. 

Respected Contributor

UG.  There were so many posts how people just loved mandarin and I felt kind of funny not liking it that much.  To me it smells like french fries.  It does do great results though.  I wish he would have done it in the coconut lime or maybe I should have waited for Bamboo.  Bamboo smells great.  Mandarin has an odd ball kind of harshness to it.  Oh well.  My hair is wavy on it's own.  If I don't blow dry I look like Robert Plant and for those that don't who he is, his hair is yellow (mine's platinum, YUK) and it gets REAL BIG and wavy so I blow dry and get sleek and bouncy.  I don't want to color anymore so I let be whateve color it wants.  I had deep brown hair but too much red pigment that I hated so God said oh, you don't like that WHAP!  Here's some platinum, hope you like that better.  Guess I got what I deserved.

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

@HSB1204

Have you tried mixing MIF with BGT? It's a pleasant combo that definitely tempers the dominant MIF. Or any other CC's for that matter with MIF that have worked for you? I like the results I get with MIF alot and most often use it solo. I see some amazing dimension in my hair color with this CC. 

I've been kind of re thinking about this MIF texturing spray with the spring and summer scented CC's and it may just work or possibly compliment a few of them. I'm thinking of CLV, SHL, PJP, SGGT, maybe SHP...

I'm going to add a little MIF with those and experiment with the scent combos. Hopefully by the time the spray arrives I'll have an opinion about the layering of these. I see that the spray can be used with wet or dry hair. I have a mini mission. 

@rochelleS No, I never tried mixing MIF with anything else. I find that when a scent seems really strong to me, mixing doesn't help because I can still smell the one that I'm trying to tone down the most. I used up the MIF that I had and definitely won't be buying it again. My hair liked it just fine but the scent definitely isn't for me.