WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: Major discovery -- dry hair when it's wet

@nikki48 wrote:

I may have to try this on my curly hair. I usually dont difuse but I have been considering giving it a shot. Doing it on soaking wet hair.... I'll be there for about an hour.

@nikki48

That would be me, too!  Probably longer than that!  I haven't dried my wet hair in years.  When I used to --- my hair would get so huge, so frizzy and look really awful!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Super Contributor

@LucysMommy  Thanks for sharing. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

@nikki48  If you try it Nikki, you have to let us know if it works for you.  I know one of the models TEAM wen used a diffuser on her back stage.  I bet it will look gorgeous.  I tried to blow dry my hair with one of chaz brushes but could not blow dry it at all and hair got caught in brushes was not straight like Alicia and sent it back.  I wished I could but definitely a learning curve blow drying your hair straight.  

Respected Contributor

Hi!  There are many, many salon owners who did tutorials on youtube that profess this method.  When my hair was down to my waist I used this way.  I found that I liked it better too but it made alot of breakage.  Here's why I think it did.....first off, I cut my hair to the bottom of my ears but now it has grown out to between my shoulder blades.  Secondly, very wet hair is at its weakest so going in with a brush can make breakage.  Again....there are many that believe in this method.  There are many too that do not.  For me, now, I pre-dry until its 80% dry and then go in with the brush and I still get excellent results plus no arm ache.  I think whatever works for you, go for it! XO

Respected Contributor

People with very straight hair are LUCKY....YOU LUCKY DOG YOU!!!!!!  They can do whatever they wish and their hair will look nice and refined.Woman Wink

Trusted Contributor

I can't blow dry my hair sopping wet or even  too 'wet'. I'll be there over an hour with the blow-dryer. I have too much hair to dry and it takes forever if it's too wet. Has to be damp and with a big round brush to straighten. Even when I wear it curly but diffuse it, it can't be sopping wet and dried as it'll take forever and it frizzes. I have to let it air dry some first.

Lucky you that it's working for you! I'm jealous!

Trusted Contributor

@Jax016 wrote:

@nikki48  If you try it Nikki, you have to let us know if it works for you.  I know one of the models TEAM wen used a diffuser on her back stage.  I bet it will look gorgeous.  I tried to blow dry my hair with one of chaz brushes but could not blow dry it at all and hair got caught in brushes was not straight like Alicia and sent it back.  I wished I could but definitely a learning curve blow drying your hair straight.  

I have used the brush and attempted to blowout my hair. I had to use small sections and unfortunately my arms tired out before I could even get halfway done. I did do so successfully on my daughter but her hair hasnt grown out as much as mine yet.

I have been practicing and hopefully I will find the best technique, as it does make for a much softer blowout than using the comb attachment on my blowdryer.

#IAmTeamWen
Super Contributor

@nikki48   I always have a hard time blowing out my hair even with comb attachment cause hair got tangled that was b4 wen.  Tried using one of chaz brushes and hair got tangled.  Got frustrated sent it back to QVC.  I guess it is a learning curve.  Either I did not have the right styling products.  Also left handed too.  You will find right technique.  Atleast you did your daughter's hair and did she like it.  In time you will do your whole head.  My hair length is not as long as yours.  :Smiley Happy