WEN

Trusted Contributor

Re: Look at what WEN did to my hair!

@ANewHue wrote:
  • @nikki48.    When I saw the post I said "here we go they're out" lol I didn't look at the author.  What a wonderful surprise your picture was, your hair is gorgeous thanks for sharing!  Happy wenniversary and keep on wenning.

LOL! I thought about the title after I posted.

#IAmTeamWen
Valued Contributor

@nikki48 - WOW!!!! WHAT GORGEOUS CURLS!!!! Your hair is really stunning!!

Esteemed Contributor

@ANewHue wrote:
  • @nikki48.    When I saw the post I said "here we go they're out" lol I didn't look at the author.  What a wonderful surprise your picture was, your hair is gorgeous thanks for sharing!  Happy wenniversary and keep on wenning.

Me too @ANewHue!  I thought just the same. But then I did take a look at the author and knew...... My only wish for this thread to be featured on Beauty Board. But then again, some WILL crawl from under and post something stupid, as usual. Who'd want that to ruin a perfectly beautiful sharing of yourself?

Valued Contributor

@nikki48 your hair looks fabulous! I thought this was another bash thread but I noticed it was started by you so I decided to take a peak. So glad I did.
Super Contributor

Hey Chaz, think we have a new wen model for you! Love your curls @nikki48!
Honored Contributor

@nikki48 absolutely beautiful! You and @Hilary77 could easily be top WEN models!

Respected Contributor

@nikki48 Happy Wenniversary!

Your curls look amazing!

Honored Contributor

@nikki48 - Your hair looks amazing! You could model for Chaz! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

OK,  SHARE!  How on earth did you get those fabulous tendrils?  I am so jealous!  I have the craiest head of hair, nearly straight )with some encouragement)  on the sides and top and springier than wire coils in back and nape.  You've got to share the how to's .   I mean step by step, don't leave anything out.  Pleeeeeeze?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CoG wrote:

OK,  SHARE!  How on earth did you get those fabulous tendrils?  I am so jealous!  I have the craiest head of hair, nearly straight )with some encouragement)  on the sides and top and springier than wire coils in back and nape.  You've got to share the how to's .   I mean step by step, don't leave anything out.  Pleeeeeeze?

I have two different textures in my hair too, wavy in the front and spiral coily in the back. Because my curl is more relaxed in the front I try to not put any tension on it at all. It will just about straighten out if I do. So when I clip or twist my hair up the front is relaxed  while the back (although not tight) has a bit more tension.

OK... detailed huh?

To tell you the truth I started just by following Chaz's instructions and tips. Over time I picked up additional tips from fellow Wenners here and added in what worked for me. I dont even count my pumps anymore when I cleanse because I go by slip of my hair. I know I use more than the recommended amount.

Cleansing:

Rinse my hair completely and soak it with cool (not cold) water. Apply Wen and start to finger detangle (from the ends up). A bit more water and I use the pads of my fingertips to really cleanse my scalp (dont scratch with your nails). I rinse using my fingers to make sure my scalp is rinsed well, then apply more Wen and comb through (I use the Wen comb). Once its all well combed I clip it and sometimes (depending on how I feel) I will put a shower cap on and let it stay for about 20 mins. Then the final rinse (colder water). I apply leave in (adding a bit of remoist), oil, styling cream and mousse unless I am doing an actual remoist treatment.

Remoist:

When doing the remoist treatment I do add more cleansing conditioner, oil and the remoist. Clip and put a cap on. I usually let the remoist stay in at least overnight.

Oil:

If I am doing just an oil treatment that is done usually a day or two before cleansing day. I use more oil than Chaz suggests when I am doing a treatment. I can easily use twice as much but that is for my scalp and hair. I also sometimes combine with coconut oil on my hair during my oil treatment.

Bedtime and morning:

If my hair is curly I spray RTM on it at night to pineapple it. Then I wrap my satin scarf around the base of my head securely but loose around my curls at the top. RTM in the morning when I take the pineapple out and a bit of mousse to restyle.

If my hair is straight I do RTM again (but spraying further away so my hair wont revert) brush and twist like Chaz shows. Tie with the scarf focussing on my roots to keep them smooth throughout the night. RTM in the morning (no mousse... it will bring those curls right back) a little coconut oil and brush through.

Other than that, I really cut back my heat usage. Its now only several times a year (blowdryer or flat iron). I sleep with a satin scarf and a satin pillowcase. I dont dry my hair with towels (I use a tee shirt to squeeze, dont rough up your hair). I do NOT comb my curls once they are dry. If I really need something done and dont have time for a cleansing I use a mixture in my water bottle of water and oil. I mist my hair and once it is a bit more than damp I finger detangle. Then I use the mousse to help set the style.  Dont touch your curls once they start to dry... this will cause more frizz.

After using heat and when I am ready for my curls to come back.... oil and remoist treatments! They spring right back.

Thats pretty much it, I also still try out the tips others give and see if they work for me. If they do they are added to my routine. You just have to play around with it and see what your hair responds to.

#IAmTeamWen