WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: June 2016 - Running Tally of Wen Gallons Ordered

@bebe777 okay so it is a wait and see kind of thing. Maybe some are holding out hope it comes in a gallon in October too.

Respected Contributor

Bebe, you always do a great job!  I knew the gallons would sell like hot cakes.  I use all the formulas, I love them all and enjoy them every day.  I didn't see the bashers but then I've been here sporadically.  I really love how you did the gallon tally.  It hurts to see bashers because Wen is a lovely product and Chaz and his team are so very nice.  I couldn't get a gallon this year.  I need some work done but I need my town's permission to do it.  I've been getting some other stuff though.  I got a little kit in Mango Coconut, it was a 16oz. CC with a RTM and an oil.  I love the scent.  I keep my Wen Men auto deliveries and I got that one with the packetts.  It's not on auto delivery but I keep my NBT.  I like it in 319.  I keep my Wen Men styling creme too but that I have to get on Chaz's site.  I"m still hoping he brings it to QVC.  I got 613 volumizer in a kit too and wow, that's really nice.  After I'm done blow drying I take a pea size of styling creme and mix it with a few spritzes of the 613 Volumizer, rub hands together and rake through entire head of hair.  It makes it sooooo soft and shiny and bounce!  Wooo!  Anyway, thank you bebe for all you do! XO

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

June 28, 2016 - Running Tally of Wen Gallons Ordered

Note:  there were no Wen shows yesterday, so this is the latest information I have. -- I just checked the QVC product listings and all the Wen gallons are still available with the exception of Cucumber Aloe which is still waitlist only. -- bebe Smiley Happy

--

6/27 -- 60,000 gallons (8:32am) -- Cucumber Aloe gallons are WAITLIST only, and I doubt they'll come back in stock (8:18am) -- 61,000 gallons (11:49pm) -- LIMITED: less than 2,000 Pomegranate gallons left (11:49pm) 

--

--

Cucumber Aloe gallons -- came back in stock, but now they are WAITLIST only and I doubt they'll be coming back instock again. You can still place your CA gallon waitlist order, but I don't know if they'll be able to fullfil those orders... so you might want to choose a different scent to make sure that you receive your gallon. -- Tea Tree  and Pomegranate are both "Universals" and work for all hair types. -- If you have oilier hair, then Tea Tree is a good option. -- All of the Classics are wheat-based, except for Pomegranate which is soy-based. -- The CA gallons sold out out during the first day of Chaz's visit (May 27th). QVC added a waitlist option because they were able to bring some limited additional stock back to QCV on June 15th.

--

The complete tally for the full month of June is  in the very first message of this June 2016 - Running Tally of Wen Gallons Ordered thread and is updated daily.

Wen daily schedule on QVC - June 2016

___

June Wen Gallons Sales - 2016 versus 2015

As of June 27th this year, 61,000 gallons have been sold. -- Last year 100,000 gallons had been sold as of June 27th. 

I wonder if this year's fewer gallon sales are because there are so many more Cleansing Conditioner formulas in the Wen line. -- Additionally, Wen is now offering 613, Bamboo Green Tea, Mandarin Italian FIg and select Seasonal gallons, as well as a number of amazing crazy good TSVs, ODOs and other special offers.

For me personally, in recent years, the December TSV, which consists of (5) 16oz. CCs for $80, gives me a better value for the Restorative CCs. -- And Chaz's recent (3) 16oz. Seasonal CCs with Wen Comb for around $73 gives me the best values for the Seasonal CCs I like best (Spring Orange Blossom & Spring Gardenia Green Tea). -- Of course, there's never any guarantee that these special offers will be available in the future but, while they are around, I'm definitely taking advantage of them. Smiley Happy

-- 

* 6/27/15 -- total number of gallons sold -- 94,000 gallons (1:15am) -- 95,000 (7:23am) -- 98,000 (11:02pm) -- 99,000 (11:30pm) -- 99,500 (11:37pm) -- 100,000 gallons (11:47pm) 

--

* 6/27/15 -- number of individual gallons left -- 600 CA gallons (7:39am) -- 500 CA gallons (10:16am) -- 400 CA gallons (10:20am) -- 150 CA gallons (11:55pm) -- 72 CA gallons (11:59pm) 

--

Note: these numbers are from message #2 of the June 2015 - Running Tally of Wen Gallons Ordered thread.

--

___ 

Total Gallons listings -- the general gallons numbers reflect the total number of gallons that have been sold.

Individual Formula listings -- listing for individual formulas (e.g. Pomegranate) reflect the number of gallons that are still available for purchase before that formula will sell out. Once individual formulas sell out, they will not be available again in the gallon size until June 2017.

___

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

June 29, 2016 - Running Tally of Wen Gallons Ordered

Note:  There have been no Wen shows since June 27th, so this is the latest information I have. -- I just checked the QVC product listings (at 8:30am on 6/30) and all the Wen gallons are still available with the exception of Cucumber Aloe which is still waitlist only. -- bebe Smiley Happy

--

6/27 -- 60,000 gallons (8:32am) -- Cucumber Aloe gallons are WAITLIST only, and I doubt they'll come back in stock (8:18am) -- 61,000 gallons (11:49pm) -- LIMITED: less than 2,000 Pomegranate gallons left (11:49pm) 

--

--

Cucumber Aloe gallons -- came back in stock, but now they are WAITLIST only and I doubt they'll be coming back instock again. You can still place your CA gallon waitlist order, but I don't know if they'll be able to fullfil those orders... so you might want to choose a different scent to make sure that you receive your gallon. -- Tea Tree  and Pomegranate are both "Universals" and work for all hair types. -- If you have oilier hair, then Tea Tree is a good option. -- All of the Classics are wheat-based, except for Pomegranate which is soy-based. -- The CA gallons sold out out during the first day of Chaz's visit (May 27th). QVC added a waitlist option because they were able to bring some limited additional stock back to QCV on June 15th.

--

The complete tally for the full month of June is  in the very first message of this June 2016 - Running Tally of Wen Gallons Ordered thread and is updated daily.

Wen daily schedule on QVC - June 2016

___

June Wen Gallons Sales - 2016 versus 2015

As of June 27th this year, 61,000 gallons have been sold. -- Last year 100,000 gallons had been sold as of June 27th. 

I wonder if this year's fewer gallon sales are because there are so many more Cleansing Conditioner formulas in the Wen line. -- Additionally, Wen is now offering 613, Bamboo Green Tea, Mandarin Italian FIg and select Seasonal gallons, as well as a number of amazing crazy good TSVs, ODOs and other special offers.

For me personally, in recent years, the December TSV, which consists of (5) 16oz. CCs for $80, gives me a better value for the Restorative CCs. -- And Chaz's recent (3) 16oz. Seasonal CCs with Wen Comb for around $73 gives me the best values for the Seasonal CCs I like best (Spring Orange Blossom & Spring Gardenia Green Tea). -- Of course, there's never any guarantee that these special offers will be available in the future but, while they are around, I'm definitely taking advantage of them. Smiley Happy

-- 

* 6/27/15 -- total number of gallons sold -- 94,000 gallons (1:15am) -- 95,000 (7:23am) -- 98,000 (11:02pm) -- 99,000 (11:30pm) -- 99,500 (11:37pm) -- 100,000 gallons (11:47pm) 

--

* 6/27/15 -- number of individual gallons left -- 600 CA gallons (7:39am) -- 500 CA gallons (10:16am) -- 400 CA gallons (10:20am) -- 150 CA gallons (11:55pm) -- 72 CA gallons (11:59pm) 

--

Note: these numbers are from message #2 of the June 2015 - Running Tally of Wen Gallons Ordered thread.

--

___ 

Total Gallons listings -- the general gallons numbers reflect the total number of gallons that have been sold.

Individual Formula listings -- listing for individual formulas (e.g. Pomegranate) reflect the number of gallons that are still available for purchase before that formula will sell out. Once individual formulas sell out, they will not be available again in the gallon size until June 2017.

___

Contributor

Hi, I've been a Wen user for just about ten years but new to the forums. I've been looking at all your hard work documenting these numbers. Do you work for Chaz, Bebe? Just curious as to who posts on the forums. 😊
Honored Contributor

@HXGirl wrote:
Hi, I've been a Wen user for just about ten years but new to the forums. I've been looking at all your hard work documenting these numbers. Do you work for Chaz, Bebe? Just curious as to who posts on the forums. 😊

Hi @HXGirl, and welcome to the wenderful Wen forum!! Smiley Happy

And, no, I don't have any connection to either Chaz or QVC. I'm just a huge fan of Wen and Chaz. Smiley Happy

Thanks so much for your kind words about the running tally. Smiley Happy

I started doing June Gallon Month running tallies in June 2013. At that time a lot of Wenners who participate in this forum were new to the whole idea of the Wen gallons. A lot of people felt pressured to make their gallon choices before their gallon of choice sold out. 

From prior years, I had noticed that the various gallon formulas usually didn't sell out that quickly. So I just listened to each broadcast with a pen and paper close by. Every time the host shared any gallon numbers (totals, limited gallons, individual formula info), I just jotted it down and posted the updated numbers to "running tally" every day. -- I felt as though this helped to put the gallons frenzy in perspective and, hopefully, prevent new Wenners from ordering a Wen gallon prematurely. 

I know that a lot of folks, like yourself (until recently), never actually post in the forum but like to read the info available. -- So I try to keep that in mind when posting this information. Smiley Happy

@HXGirl, below I've included links to some of the threads that I've started which I thought you might want to have a look through: 

* Wen FAQ -- has a lot of great links to other info as well as some key info

Wen 101 -- is more comprehensive than the Wen FAQ, but can give you a bit of info overload and parts of it need to be updated. -- on page two there are links to threads on the various Wen products.

* periscope -- Chaz does live video broadcasts on periscope and you can watch the afterwards as well (for about 20 days)

* Wen June Chat -- the no holes barred, Wen general chat thread. -- We also use this thread for our live chats during Chaz's broadcasts.

* InsideQ magazine - The Insider - how to subscribe -- InsideQ magazine gives you advance info on upcoming TSVs (and generally Wen TSVs), as well as advance ordering info. -- There's info in this thread about how to join (it's free).

* Wen Abbreviations Glossary -- we use short hand terms for all of  Chaz's products. This is the cheat sheet. Smiley Wink

@HXGirl, I hope you'll feel free to participate in the Wen forum fun because the folks in this fourm are a great group of people. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy Wen FAQ - Wen 101 - periscope - Wen June Chat - InsideQ magazine - The Insider - how to subscribe -- Wen Abbreviations Glossary -- Wen daily schedule on QVC - June 2016 

Trusted Contributor

@bebe777 I'm going to guess that part of the reason for fewer gallon sales this year is because of the Sept TSV from last fall. It was an outstanding deal for those of us who use at least three of the products included in the set (32oz CC, 4oz oil, 12oz RTM, SC).

I had planned to buy a gallon of TT again this year, but instead I bought two orders of the Sept TSV in TT on A-D and kept all three shipments (the equivalent of 1.5 gallons of CC, plus all the other products). And I also ordered a set of POM and CA.

And then, Chaz's seasonal ODO deals have been so good over the last several months that I've stocked up on my seasonal CCs as well (FTP, WWC, SOB & SHL). Oh, and there was that 319 TSV that I couldn't resist because the NBT is so awesome. So I have no plans to buy any gallons this year.

If Chaz does offer WWC in gallons this winter, that might be hard to resist. But I probably don't really need it. (Probably?? Who am I kidding??)

Super Contributor

Apologies if I missed the final tally but just wondering what it was.  Really amazed at the fall off from just a year ago.  Also, wanted to know if anyone has experienced failure of the pumps in the gallons?  I've had issues with the pumps not functioning after working fine in the beginning.  This has happened with a lot of product left in the container, well over three quarters.  For the price, IMHO, the containers need to be a bit better constructed.

Thanks and can't wait until Chaz is back in September!

Occasional Contributor

Just bumping up this message thread for any updates; is this the first year that the WEN gallons were re-introduced prior to the traditional June 1st start date? I know there are pre-sales for TSV, and I know Chaz makes the gallons available all month long; just felt like the promotions started a few days earlier than the normal.