WEN

Esteemed Contributor

OMG!!!  I don't know why but I'm sitting here in disbelief and just had to share.  My TV was on the Q as I came to the room to take a short break.  Well NC was on selling yet another spray.  I sat back to watch the presentation and he was going on about how the models hair shines after he hits it with the flatiron.  As he went from model to model he was getting more excited .  By the time he got the last model he proclaims "he's going to do something crazy",  well he sprayed, pulled the hair up and when that flat iron hit her hair you could actually hear the SIZZLE.  I thought I was hearing things and had to back it up a few times just to confirm. COULD YOU IMAGINE HOW HOT THAT IRON WAS?  Bet the finishing spray makes your hair shine.......without being fried.

Super Contributor

Was it on the woman with the short hair - he made it stick straight up?

Trusted Contributor

I watched a few minutes but had to change.  I tried his products years ago before I found my current product.  I understand it works for some people but did not for me.  Now my hair is in its best condition ever.  I usually like to watch shows regarding hair and makeup even if I don't use those products.  I watch to see new styles in both.

I will not watch people with attitude.  Give me your best sales pitch as to why I need to try your product and I will decide what is best for me.  Cutting the competition down reminds me of a fast talking car salesman in my town.  When I saw him coming I always got in my car and left.  I can change the channel if I don't like where a sales pitch is going.

I did see that flatiron demo.

Esteemed Contributor

My hair would have been on the floor.

Models don't make enough money.

Honored Contributor

I saw that demo, NC is very theatrical with his demos. The product did give off some steam when he applied the flat iron and that's to be expected. I don't think most of us would use the hairspray that way, but if you have very curly or frizzy hair you might. I like Nicks products, but especially his hair spray and shampoo.My hair does not fall out and I get loads of volume out of my fine hair. I still use WEN as a leave in conditioner, but I do not cleanse my hair with it. Chaz has plenty of other fine products that do not cause the hair to come out so much. I love his mists and texturizing spray.

Esteemed Contributor

@RipleyGirl  Yes, it was.

Esteemed Contributor

@blackhole99    Your right, steam is expected but not sizzle. It was a very loud sizzle at that.

Respected Contributor

Wow, pretty scary😳  I don't know who is luckier?  Model or ole' Nick?  He was lucky that her hair didn't come away with the flat iron!

Honored Contributor

If there was more wet from the spray than he expected, then yes.... when the hot iron meets the hair with the wet on it, it will make a sizzle noise. Which I would find very disconcerting because it could easily burn the hair. Professionals tell us never to use a flat iron on wet hair because it's too easy to burn the hair....  

I like Nick, but he really needs to calm down.  The models really DO need hazard pay.... and Nick should know better!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

His demo on Jamie's long hair after spraying was identical to the demo done by another vendor on Kate's hair every show.  My 72 year old hair is shoulder length, baby fine and straight as an arrow.  I can put mine up in a bun and it will come down in waves whether I spray with Nourishing Treatment or do it dry.   I do it all the time overnight and while working in the yard to protect my hair from the wind.  I would never put that much holding spray in my hair no matter what the brand.