WEN

Super Contributor

Re: I have never tried WEN. What are the reasons that I should try it?

@HSB1204 hmmm that's weird... maybe ur hair is in a resting phase? I swear mine was resting for like 5 years straight.lol Even now I get times where I shed more than other times...maybe it's that resting growing cycle? You could always call the salon and see what they recommend..Maybe another kind like the LAV or CA would do do the trick? 

I feel ya tho..it's frustrating 

Respected Contributor

@chickenmoo wrote:

@HSB1204 hmmm that's weird... maybe ur hair is in a resting phase? I swear mine was resting for like 5 years straight.lol Even now I get times where I shed more than other times...maybe it's that resting growing cycle? You could always call the salon and see what they recommend..Maybe another kind like the LAV or CA would do do the trick? 

I feel ya tho..it's frustrating 

@chickenmoo  My hair has always grown super slow so I guess I'm used to it. Sure, I'd love for it to grow faster but nothing I've tried seems to work. My hairdresser once suggested Biotion. I tried that for years and it made absolutely no difference either.

I use CA for my first cleanse every day and my hair hated LAV. I don't really think any of the Wen formulas will make my hair grow. At this point I'm just trying to find a decent hairdresser who won't cut off way more than I ask for because with my slow hair growth I'd end up with a pixie cut if I continued to let them cut off as much as they want!

Honored Contributor

I assure you that my post was sincere. I don't remember why I hearted anyone but it would have had nothing to do with Nick Chavez products. I'm still wondering about WEN. I have much more frizz now as my hair gets grayer and grayer and living in Florida does not help. I have not been coloring the past two years, but I used to have my hair colored and might do so again. My hair is virgin now. I have hard water. What can WEN do for me? It's pricey, but if it makes my hair look great, I would try it. I do not understand how any hair product could arouse controversy. 

Honored Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

@Mindy D!  This is why WEN has a Huge following, regardless of all the negativite that comes up trying to dismiss and negate it. Here is WEN's Hair. That's why! Woman HappyHeartHeartHeart

Did WEN do this for your own hair? This lady has gorgeous hair. Is this typical of the results from WEN on an older person's half gray, somewhat frizzy, straight hair. My hair is longer than this girl's. My hair used to look like this until the last six or seven years. I used Matrix shampoo and conditioner back then . They changed their formula and I grew older and my hair isnt looking so great. I just started using Biolage and bought a new brush that cuts down on breakage. My hair has improved in the month since starting my new routine. I'm ready for any advice you have. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@kcladyz wrote:

Tea tree  gave me a massive  alergic reaction, Lavender and Cucumner burned my scalp. Pomograniate and fig worked well for me as well as the seasonals and 613. I choose not to use it regular for regular shampoo  works for me better. If you try it I suggest buying the 2oz travel packets  before investing  too much money in it. It works wonderful for some and terrible for others.  Only you can make a decision for you. Noone here can. Its a lot of money if you end up not liking it.

Thank you. I didn't even know there was a travel size. Good suggestion.  

Honored Contributor

Re: @Re: I have never tried WEN. What are the reasons that I should try it?

@sonechko wrote:

Dear @cac140, you are very nice and trying to be helpful, but the thing is, the OP does not come back, and does not keep a conversation going. If you read answer #2 (second post), you'll see that OP "hearted" this specific post. This tells me - OP found her answers there, and obviously likes this answer, as this was the only post OP "hearted". True motivation behind the original post itself, is also unclear to me.

I think I hearted people who tried to help me. It's been awhile. I usually heart someone that tries to help by answering. 

Honored Contributor

@ANewHue wrote:

@Mindy D   Well , I guess the biggest reason to give Wen a try would be if you want to experience the best your hair could ever be try Wen.  When I gave Wen a try it was because I was having health issues and my hair was the worst it had ever been . I was not much into hair products, I basically used drugstore products.   I only tried one brand before Wen and that was Ojon which didn't help my hair.  Believe me I did not anticipate (nor did my DH) what would happen when I purchased my first bottle.  Wen is a total experience.   It became a lifestyle, as a use all the body products as well.  I fell  in love with my new wen hair and having no split ends.  Chaz is a wonderful person as well and he may never know it but he has thought me patience and to be a better person.  That was almost 10 years ago and I would never even consider using something else. I met some real nice Wenners here as well.   I love my Wen.

Is your hair smooth?

Honored Contributor

@untitled wrote:

@chickenmoo

just have to say it is great seeing you post again. So many others from way back when have disappeared. Your posts are like  a testament to the last five years. but so sorry about all the other stuff! 

THANK YOU. I just don't like the way the formatting on the forum is. It confuses me, otherwise I'd post more. I miss the posters too. 

Trusted Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

I assure you that my post was sincere. I don't remember why I hearted anyone but it would have had nothing to do with Nick Chavez products. I'm still wondering about WEN. I have much more frizz now as my hair gets grayer and grayer and living in Florida does not help. I have not been coloring the past two years, but I used to have my hair colored and might do so again. My hair is virgin now. I have hard water. What can WEN do for me? It's pricey, but if it makes my hair look great, I would try it. I do not understand how any hair product could arouse controversy. 

@Mindy D, whether or not you choose to use Wen, you may want to consider purchasing a water filter for your shower head. Hard water can cause hair to be dry and brittle, and that can contribute to hair loss.

One ,of the Wen models, lives in Fl. and her hair is a testament for the amazing benefits of using Wen.

Everyone's hair is different, so our routines and the formulas we choose will vary. To find what's best for your hair type, you can call or live chat (contact the salon, not Guthy Renker) with team Wen. 

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️