WEN

Trusted Contributor

How long has WEN been available

There is an unusual thread that states that a customer that has been using WEN for over 13 years and is stopping with no real explanation of the reasons that I could discern.  My question is how long has it been on the market?  I did not realize WEN has been on the market that long. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: How long has WEN been available

I first used it about 13 or 14 years ago (don't remember exactly) so am not surprised that it has been around that long.  It didn't work for me so after that first purchase I never used it again.  

Honored Contributor

According to a Google search, sometime during the mid 80's.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's off topic.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

At least 20 years. Think he began creating it in the 80s?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have seen some posters have bad issues.

I use shampoo then moisturize with Wen and leave in a half pump.  My hair is highlighted and permed.  I have not had any issues.

Seems like I've used it a long time and stayed with it because I could leave it in.

Trusted Contributor

I did a google search and came up with nada.  So I posted here knowing that informed ladies would let me know.  I had no intention of having a one poster hijack the thread with rant regarding WEN.  I don't know if indeed there is an issue.  I do know this, lawyers target deep pockets and according to the latest surveys of professionals are very poorly regarded.  The latest surveys place them with pawn shop owners and used car sales. Actually, I thought that when Chaz was posting in Facebook about flying around the country in a private plane that indeed he was placing a target on himself.  It is called icon toppling.  Why do you suppose the very wealthy keep a very low profile?  Anyway, thanks to those that answered my question.

Esteemed Contributor

@Deanie wrote:

I did a google search and came up with nada.  So I posted here knowing that informed ladies would let me know.  I had no intention of having a one poster hijack the thread with rant regarding WEN.  I don't know if indeed there is an issue.  I do know this, lawyers target deep pockets and according to the latest surveys of professionals are very poorly regarded.  The latest surveys place them with pawn shop owners and used car sales. Actually, I thought that when Chaz was posting in Facebook about flying around the country in a private plane that indeed he was placing a target on himself.  It is called icon toppling.  Why do you suppose the very wealthy keep a very low profile?  Anyway, thanks to those that answered my question.

Very interesting thoughts you are coming up with, @Deanie! This makes a lot of sense, what you are saying about Chaz making himself a target, with his own and his product success and all...

He is a part of a very competitive business, where no one come close to Chaz level of popularity and success in present time.

True, never thought of this, but so true - the very wealthy keep a very low profile, and for a good reason, I guess.

The jealous and cut-throat competition for one, and of course - my favorite Press... Talking about the media these days!  Those guys are like Black Vultures!  In my opinion, media lost last drop of dignity, if  they ever had it, and they lost my respect with it.

Media ignites the fire and really blows things way out of proportion big time. And with Chaz Dean - this is exactly the case.

Valued Contributor

I seem to recall Chaz saying recently that he's been in business for 23 years.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

If Chaz indeed was in business for 23 years, or for 18, or whatever number of years there was, my only regret is to find out about his product only less than 3 years ago. My hair could of been something I would be proud of much sooner then!

I only learned about WEN incidentally, reading a review post of some hair product on Evine, where lady mentioned that she liked her WEN so much better. I took a plunge and bought first WEN CC in spite of bad publicity even before lawyers picked on it up and turned this into a legal action. The WEN product in less than a year turned my hair completely around and I only wish I knew about WEN sooner.