WEN

Frequent Contributor

i recently just got the mandarin fig remoist/oil duo to help with some damage after coloring my hair and I just got it today! Yay! Anyway, I never used the re-moist. How do you use it? You cleanse first then apply? Or just apply on hair and let it sit for the day and cleanse at night? Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: How do you use Re-moist?

[ Edited ]

You can do it any way that works for your lifestyle. You can put it in and leave it in for 30-60 minutes and then wash it out, put it an and leave it on for hours and wash it out, or put it on and leave it in overnight and wash it out. I've done all of the above depending on my time and needs.

You do wash first - you wouldn't put moisturizer on over your makeup, would you? Put your hair moisturizer on clean hair. When I do an overnight treatment, I put a lot of it in my hair before I get out of the shower and then clip my hair up. When I use Remoist, I don't even blot my hair dry, I just throw a light towel over my shoulders to catch drips. I leave it clipped up for about an hour, then take the clip out and let my hair air dry. I have long hair and the Remoist is full of oils, so it takes hours for my hair to dry. I usually Remoist on a weekend afternoon so my hair has plenty of time to dry before I go to bed. I sleep with it in, then in the morning I get in the shower, soak my head, massage the Remoist into my hair and scalp, and rinse. I don't rewash my hair with more WEN. I do add my leave-in WEN and my styling products and style as normal.

If I just finished coloring my hair, I wash with 613, then do the Remoist overnight.

Honored Contributor

I use the remoist once a week and leave it on over night. The next morning I use Tea Tree rather than just rinse, as I don't find it rinses out that well with my thin/fine hair.

The first time I did it, I used too much remoist and didn't do it to really wet hair; it was more just damp hair. So the result was not good for me in terms of managing my hair and styling. Just too much product that first time. 

I love the remoist and have been using the bamboo green tea. Got the mandarin fig and will use that once I finish with the green tea.

During the week I use the oils.

Trusted Contributor

It seems like as long as you clean your hair before and after it is pretty hard to mess up!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@yisbuff2 wrote:

It seems like as long as you clean your hair before and after it is pretty hard to mess up!

I started to agree with you, but would mention that this past weekend my friend did the remoist for the first time on her long, thick hair. She called the next morning to tell me that she didn't like it. Found out that all she did was try to rinse it out instead of doing a cleanse the next morning. She had the same experience as I did......too heavy of a useage without cleansing instead of just rinsing. Might not be the way it says to do it, but for she and I, we have to use some cleanser in addition to rinsing it out.

Her and my hair are complete opposites, so I think you just have to try it and see what works best for your hair. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use the remoist about once a week (or two). When I use the remoist, I also do an overnight scalp treatment. First I put the oil on my scalp, and then I remoist the rest of my hair. Chaz say to apply it to wet hair but I apply it to my dry hair. My hair is shorter and I don't have a lot, so I don't use that much Remoist. 

I alternate the remoist treatments with (almost) 100% Ojon oil treatments. I was an Ojon girl before I switched over to Wen, and this is the only Ojon product I still use. I get slightly different but good result with each of them and that's why I switch back and forth.

It's hard to explain but they just make my hair look better. They bump it up a notch. If I haven't done a remoist treatment in a 2-3 weeks, my hair just doesn't look as good. 

___

I developed my Wen rituals before I really started incorporating Chaz's advice on Wen into my routine. -- I've tried most of of Chaz's suggested changes and most of them work better, but I've kept a few of my twists on the Wen routine that seem to work better (or just the same) for my hair. 

I have thin/baby fine, porous hair. I didn't realize how porous it was until the FIG CC started slowly "leaking" out of my hair shaft (probably because the cuticles weren't completely shut). From what I remember, within about half a day, the whole length of my hair would start to get greasy (Sweet Almond Mint - SAM CC has the same effect on my hair, but now one else seems to find that SAM weighs their hair down). 

At first I I couldn't figure out why FIG CC was having this effect on my hair but I looked through the ingredients deck and realized that the high percentage of glycerin in it was probably the culprit. 

I was using the (almost ) 100% Ojon Oil Restorative Hair Treatment as my only overnight hair treatment at the time. I figured that if it was making my hair really greasy, then probably my hair shaft had absorbed about as much Ojon oil as it could take. So I started using less and I got better results. I realized that when I super saturated my hair with Ojon that a bit of excess Ojon would "leak" out of my hair for the next few days.

So these days, regardless of whether I'm using the Wen Remoist or the Ojon, I just apply a thin coat of treatment. This way my hair doesn't "leak" oil, and I save money at the same time. 

This is what works well for my thin/fine/porous hair. If you have a different hair type and can also use the Remoist in between cleansings  (which is something my hair can't take) then different Wen Remoist rules may apply. 

___

I started doing a Remoist / Oil  overnight combination treatment because I found that I wasn't able to do a solo Remoist  treatment on a regular basis.  

Chaz  does recommend that you cleanse your hair before you do a re-moist for best results.

For several years before I had started to use  Chaz's Remoist  I had been using the Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment formula ( these days I switch back and forth between these two products) for overnight hair treatments.  When I had used over Ojon,  The instructions did not indicate that I needed to use it on cleansed hair, so I would just apply it to my dry uncleansed hair. 

The first time I used the Remoist,  I first cleansed my hair and then applied an overnight Remoist.  Then the following morning I washed the excess Remoist out of my hair.  I have thin/baby fine hair,  so I need to  cleanse my hair after a treatment because otherwise my hair is too greasy. --  I quickly realized that having to do this  extra cleanse was going to be too much work for me, and so I wouldn't wind up  using the Remoist  very often if I followed Chaz's  instructions. So I decided to try using it the same way that I had been using the  Ojon treatment.  It worked well and so this is how I have incorporated the Remoist  into my hair routine. 

Last  year I was very busy and I started noticing that I was not using the  Remoist  on a regular basis.  So I came up with the idea of trying to do a combination overnight oil scalp treatment and Remoist hair treatment. I start with the Oil scalp treatment. I apply the oil carefully so as the leave the rest of my hair dry. Then I apply the Remoist to my dry hair and I keep  both products in my hair overnight and cleanse my hair the next morning. 

I haven't noticed any difference between applying the Remoist  to just cleanse tear versus applying it to uncleansed hair. 

___

FYI, Chaz has  also mentioned that after you cleanse your hair, that you can prime your hair with cleansing conditioner and then apply the Remoist.

-- bebe Smiley Happy  Wen FAQ - Wen 101 - New Wen products & special values - Wen Quick Links Wen News - periscope - QVC WEN forum - October Chat 2015 -- Wen Abbreviations Glossary -- 10/16 - 10/20 wen shows & hits per Dooters -- The Insider - get advance order #s for select TSVs by joining InsideQ magazine 

Frequent Contributor

Thanks ladies! Okay, I wanted to use it today since I dont know how my hair will react to it. If my kids ever decide to nap today, I will do a first cleanse, apply the remoist, leave it in for as long as possible, and then Im going to try to do a second cleanse just in case the remoist doesnt all rinse out of my hair. 

Frequent Contributor

Ladies, seriosuly... I cant believe I was scared to try the remoist! So many lost years lol. My hair has never looked better since starting wen (almost 10 years ago now) but using the remoist today, WOW my hair is on a different level. 

Thanks for all the advice. I cleansed once, put the remoist in the my soaking wet hair and then clipped it up and put a shower cap over it for about 2 hours and then rinsed it out. My hair felt great so I didnt do the second cleanse and then just added the SC and mousse as usual. OMG I cant stop touching my hair. It feels great!! I looks like the models hair on QVC presentations lol

Trusted Contributor

@littlepixie wrote:

Ladies, seriosuly... I cant believe I was scared to try the remoist! So many lost years lol. My hair has never looked better since starting wen (almost 10 years ago now) but using the remoist today, WOW my hair is on a different level. 

Thanks for all the advice. I cleansed once, put the remoist in the my soaking wet hair and then clipped it up and put a shower cap over it for about 2 hours and then rinsed it out. My hair felt great so I didnt do the second cleanse and then just added the SC and mousse as usual. OMG I cant stop touching my hair. It feels great!! I looks like the models hair on QVC presentations lol

Glad you love it!  I recently did a one primed with MIF CC and slept in a plastic cap. The next morning my curls were shiny and hydrated. I let it air dry and I loved it just like that! 

#IAmTeamWen
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@littlepixie wrote:

Lol! So glad you loved it @littlepixie! I am LOVING the re-moist too, except not always find a right time slot to leave it in long enough and not wash it out, because it is so precious to me!

Here is a brand new way I just discovered to use the re-moist more often - I put a little bit as a leave-in after cleansing, together with a tiny bit of leave-in CC, and styling creme. Hair is fabulous with it! And so silky, soft and moist, love it.