WEN

Regular Contributor

Help with finding the right products for scalp and thin hair

I have fine thin hair. My scalp psorasis flares up a couple times a year even using Tee Tree. I've also use Bamboo GT. Also use the oils .  I' decided to try the Cucumber scent . My hair and scalp are not responding well.  I was wondering what others might suggest ?   I make sure to rinse thoroughly . Yes, I do use the oils a couple times a week. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Help with finding the right products for scalp and thin hair

@pggoody Welcome to the forum! Cucumber Aloe is usually recommended for oily scalp and dry hair. It is also the most astringent of all the CC's which may be why you are not responding well to it. Most people with scalp issues use TT as a go to. Some with fine hair also use POM CC and the oil with rosemary is considered to be very stimulating for hair growth. However, a lot of Wenners with extreme menthol and scalp sensitivity use the kids formulas because they do not contain any menthol. I would recommend contacting the number to the salon on your bottle of Wen for more advice.
Respected Contributor

@pggoody Yes @Diva1Donna gave good ideas..

I only use WK's now on my scalp.. I have tried & seems ok for a bit but then scalp flares up. Since I love Wen I stick with Wen Kids now. I am able to use  others if I use it on my very ends of my hair  (my ends need extra moisture)..

maybe it's not the menthol in your case, but you could try using WK's & see if it helps.Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

It may also be fragrance. Have you tried the FF rice or 319?

I have seborrheic dermatitis. It's similar to svalp psoriasis, to the point where they're often mixed up even by doctors. I feel your pain literally. Wen is the only thing I can use.

I always do an overnight TT oil treatment on my scalp the night before cleansing. I use one of the fragrance free ones for my first cleanse and mix them with usually wvm for my second. Hth
Regular Contributor

@Diva1Donna@quadmimi@Thia-Winter. Thanks for the advice.  I have used TT for years and BGT for over a year. Occasionally, I have to take a break when my scalp flares up. Even with the oils I get dry around the temples and in to the crown.  last Christmas  I did buy the Holiday set that includes the fragrance free. I've never opened any as I have gallons of the others in addition to bottles of the Mandrian Fif, 613 and Lavendar. I often make a cocktail but find that my hair stops responding to the products. That is why I decided to try a new scent.   Definitely wrong choice for my hair. 

I will open the. Bottle of fragrance free and next time Chaz is on will order WK. 

Thanks for sharing. 

Respected Contributor

@Thia-Winter wrote:
It may also be fragrance. Have you tried the FF rice or 319?

I have seborrheic dermatitis. It's similar to svalp psoriasis, to the point where they're often mixed up even by doctors. I feel your pain literally. Wen is the only thing I can use.

I always do an overnight TT oil treatment on my scalp the night before cleansing. I use one of the fragrance free ones for my first cleanse and mix them with usually wvm for my second. Hth

@Thia-Winter  So good to see you back! I was thinking of you with my re-occurring scalp issues.. my best success is Wen kids.. 

hope all is well & thanks for your knowledge..Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@quadmimi thank you! I've been super busy.