WEN

Honored Contributor

Have you ever gone to Chaz's salon?

Something another poster said sparked this question. Have you ever gone to Chaz's salon for him to do your hair? I've thought about it, but I don't color my hair and I know he is a colorist.

If you have gone, please share what the experience was like from start to finish. I make a lot of assumptions about the visit, like I wouldn't think he actually washes your hair, but only styles/colors it. I have heard him say he is there on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. 

I'm betting you can't get out of his chair for less than $500 total. He says he charges $50 just for putting the re-moist product on your hair. You're probably there for several hours.

Honored Contributor

Re: Have you ever gone to Chaz's salon?

@World TravelerYour post made me laugh -  and that's good.

No, I've never been to Chaz and I don't expect to go, but when you mentioned that $500, for some reason it brought back memory of the year John Edwards (lawyer/politician) was excoriated for spending that to have his hair done.  Stupid complaint given his net worth!

I just wouldn't do that - I don't try to compete with those who have what I call real money whether they're athletes or actors or business people.  My $500 and their $500 just aren't the same money.

So, I won't be seeing Chaz in person - nor even spend part of any vacation day in CA in his salon.  I already think what I pay is plenty and I can't imagine paying several times more would change my life in any positive way.  (I do think you're right about the cleansing process - someone else does that - it's been a long time since any of my colorists or stylists also did my shampoos.)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

One of the gals I work with got me thinking that it would be fun to go just to have the experience of him telling you what products of his he thought would be the best for you. Even if you think you have the combo down right for your hair, bet he would come up with a different mix.

After watching him one time on Periscope when he was throwing out instructions on how many pumps of this and that he wanted someone to put on his hair and also similar instructions for someone else who had a question, I knew I had a lot to learn about what each of his products does.

Anyway, sounded like it would be a fun day......a mini vacation or spa experience for the hair. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I have not been to Chaz salon yet, but plan on going sometimes in the future - he is in my town!

There are prices for services listed on chazdean.com. I checked them and was a little surprised as they were not over the top at all. The prices are different for the same service done by Chaz and by the stylists. You can look them up on the site under "salon".

I did hear many times about $50 charge for a re-moist treatment at the salon, but I see this being brought up only as a selling point, when they sell re-moist on air. Obviously, you do not need this extra expense, because you can do it yourself.

Chaz does color and cuts the hair also. Initially, I was going to get a color from him/them, but now I do not know if I want continue with color at all, maybe see how WEN will affect my natural hair color over time. 

I am still very interested in getting a hair cut from Chaz, and also have an opportunity to meet him in person, and see the salon, and dogs, and all that! I've read the atmosphere is wonderful there! Cat Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been to his salon but sadly that's all.  I wandered the grounds (as you've probably heard it is an oasis within a very busy urban neighborhood) and bought products at the shop.  I was a kid in a candy store.

My stylist would be very sad if I let someone else do my hair --though he might make an exception for Chaz!

Valued Contributor

I'm in the process of trying to get an appointment with him for late January. It's a "bucket list" item. I'd love to have him color and cut my hair just once. Fingers crossed! 

**Suz**
Honored Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

I've been to his salon but sadly that's all.  I wandered the grounds (as you've probably heard it is an oasis within a very busy urban neighborhood) and bought products at the shop.  I was a kid in a candy store.

My stylist would be very sad if I let someone else do my hair --though he might make an exception for Chaz!

@islandgrrl...do you live in HI? If so who is your hairdresser? Just curious...I live on O'ahu.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Surfer Wife wrote:

@islandgrrl wrote:

@islandgrrl...do you live in HI? If so who is your hairdresser? Just curious...I live on O'ahu.

@SurferWife Aren't you the lucky girl?  I have spent a great deal of time on Kaua'i and Maui but I currently reside on the west coast.  My avatar is from Maui. Heart

Trusted Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

Something another poster said sparked this question. Have you ever gone to Chaz's salon for him to do your hair? I've thought about it, but I don't color my hair and I know he is a colorist.

If you have gone, please share what the experience was like from start to finish. I make a lot of assumptions about the visit, like I wouldn't think he actually washes your hair, but only styles/colors it. I have heard him say he is there on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. 

I'm betting you can't get out of his chair for less than $500 total. He says he charges $50 just for putting the re-moist product on your hair. You're probably there for several hours.

yes, I've been going to the salon for about 9 years.  In fact I will be there this Saturday. 

live....laugh....love
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bruingirl wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

yes, I've been going to the salon for about 9 years.  In fact I will be there this Saturday. 

@bruingirlTell him we all said Hi. ha! 

So, anything you can share about the experience? What you like best about it, what all you have done to your hair when you go, are the dogs just hanging out with you? Smiley Happy

Give those of us who would love to be in your shoes some highlights (no pun intended) of going to his salon.