WEN

Respected Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Figured Out A CC to Mix With FAS To Mellow It Out?

@aprimo wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

@Kjelle wrote:

@Suebdoo as far as I recall, no one has come up with anything that works for that. I was going to get the kids Green Apple and try to bring out more apple, but someone beat me to the punch and it didn't work. As my hair has grown and I use more leave-in, one person in the office seems sensitive to it. So I try to at least use TT or SAM RTM with it when I am going to work.

Well now I see one person thinks FGP works. They are very compatible. I didn't find it worked to my nose.

@Kjelle, quite a while back, I remember someone saying that they cut the Fall Apple Spice (FAS) with the Wen Kids Apple (WKA). So I've been making that suggestion ever since. 

@Suebdoo, I was going to suggest 613 but that doesn't seem to have worked for you. Have you tried mixing it with Bamboo Green Tea (BGT). BGT has a green fresh scent that I think would work well with FAS. Also, possibly Spring Gardenia Green Tea (BGGT). The BGGT gardenia scent is fairly mild and the green tea note balances it out. I think it might work with FAS. 

Let us know how it works out. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

I almost think that in order to drown out the super strong FAS scent you need another overpowering Wen scent which there doesn't really seem to be. To my nose most of the other Wen scents are fairly mild and FAS could beat them all.

For me, both LAV and MIF qualify as overpowering scents. But I know I am in the minority in that regard.

@aprimo You're right! I don't know how I could forget about LAV and MIF. Yes, they're definitely strong scents. Not sure if they could overpower FAS but it might be worth a try!

Esteemed Contributor

I love FAS and the scent has grown on me.  I always use it with SAM for my second cleanse so I CAN get that unexpected whiff throughout the day.

Honored Contributor

No sorry. The scent is so overpowering that nothing helped mellow it out. The scent lingers on and on and on.....even on towels, in the bathroom, on the turbie twists.

Honored Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

@Suebdoo wrote:

@BExplorer yeah I have tried that too.  FAS is like a magnet LOL. None of the other CC ever linger...wish some would.

@SurferWife  I envy you and your hair and nose!  LOL

@Suebdoo I agree. I don't understand how FAS can linger so much. Most of the other CCs have no lingering scent at all. FAS was clinging to my hair for days.

I can't figure it out either! I WISH some of the others would linger even a quarter of how much FAS lingered! Why does the least favorite scented one linger so gosh darn long??!

Trusted Contributor

@aprimo  LAV is a really strong one too but doesn't linger.  MIF I loveeeeee and don't find it strong.  Just goes to show you that scent is different for everyone.  Luckily we have lots of choices!

@ANewHue I wish I loved the scent....I am trying to before DDay  LOL. I marinated in TT oil all day and will begin the experiment tomorrow.

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

@Suebdoo wrote:

@BExplorer yeah I have tried that too.  FAS is like a magnet LOL. None of the other CC ever linger...wish some would.

@Suebdoo I agree. I don't understand how FAS can linger so much. Most of the other CCs have no lingering scent at all. FAS was clinging to my hair for days.

I can't figure it out either! I WISH some of the others would linger even a quarter of how much FAS lingered! Why does the least favorite scented one linger so gosh darn long??!

@HappyDaze Yes, if only SMC lingered as much as FAS I'd be perfectly fine with it! Heart

Valued Contributor

I am one of the few FAS lovers! My first cleanse is always TT, then I rotate a seasonal mixed with a cpl of 6/13 pumps. For me, FAS doesn't linger near as much if I mix it w 6/13. I also use FAS as my leave in, using a different CC would cut down on the lingering smell. Lately, I've been using TT SC and BGT mousse, which both cut down on the lingering scent, at least to my nose. I've been sad I can't smell it as much as I use too, I attribute it to mixing FAS w 6/13 and using more SC and mousse. I guess we are all different, that's what makes this a WENderful world! If anyone needs to unload their partially use FAS CC, let me know! 😊

**Suz**
Respected Contributor

The only cc that covered it up for me was 613. I think it is the maple that clings to everything and the maple is the smell I cannot stand. I have hated the smell of maple since I was a kid. It turns my stomach to smell it. I am also highly allergic to maple trees and related trees. I don't know if there is a connection there or not.

If Chaz could figure out how to make the maple unscented, he could have a great performer for the hair.
Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

@Suebdoo wrote:

I wish the FTP scent never left my hair!....!...wish their was a tiny size of the fragarence to try...

Honored Contributor

I've just tried the Winter White Citrus (WWC) and combining it wiht Fall Apple Spice (FAS) creates a sort of spicy holiday scent that tones down the FAS. 

I also tried Fall Tuscan Pear (FTP) with Fall Apple Spice and that tones down the FAS scent as well. It's sort of a pear and apple soft scent. I like it. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy